I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:28:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  WARNING! www.liver4you.org (Organs for sale.) WE DO NOT ENDORSE THIS SITE!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WARNING! www.liver4you.org (Organs for sale.) WE DO NOT ENDORSE THIS SITE!  (Read 12206 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: August 23, 2006, 10:01:22 PM »

To ALL members,

This site added our link at the bottom of their page without our permission, IHD.COM does not endorse their site what so ever. This site SELLS kidney transplants and bone marrow transplants. I have emailed them and asked that our link be removed immediately.

If any of you receive PM's or emails from: mitchmichaelson@netscape.net, Member name: mitch let me know right away.

Or if you receive PMs or emails from ANY member offering kidney transplants, please help me and let me know right away, you may save someone from getting financially screwed or dead.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

UPDATE:

Ok members so far I have banned this spammer, he used these 3 names:

"mitch"
"KT"
"Fastransplant"

and a FEW others.

So if you received any PMs from this member please inform me right away.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 11:41:26 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 05:30:10 AM »

I have seen him on D&T City as well under the member name isbest1 .. and the same goes for D&T City. Dialysis & Transplant City does not endorse their site. So I thought I would share the other email address to watch out for:
livedonorisbest @hotmail.com,
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 05:36:08 AM by angieskidney » Logged

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 08:27:08 AM »

The Mitch dude has been around for a long time.  He used to harass members of the old "Dialysis Online" site on a regular basis with his constant posts about being able to obtain transplants for $$$.  It is believed that he never arranged a transplant for anyone.  He is just a mega troll who enjoys picking on sick people.
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 09:37:39 PM »

I think beyond the issue of whether buying an organ is right or wrong, for me the real issue is in all these "for sale" transplant cases, the recipient has a much higher risk of receiving a kidney that is HIV or Hepatitis A, B or C positive.

Are you really going to trust a doctor selling the organ to tell you the truth?     >:D

When money talks, ethics walk!       

What if a person pays $50,000 for a kidney, and it rejects in six months.  Do they get a refund?
Anyone who is so desperate to have a transplant may not care.

You know that discussion board asking about is stopping dialysis suicide?  I think buying a kidney might be considered suicide.       :(

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
KT

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 01:30:19 AM »

I did not see anything about asking for more permission than was given by the statements about pasting it "on your site"
You hate dialysis but also hate a solution, like live Philippine transplants.
   Before the donor is accepted by a transplant Hospital in the Philippines or in the US, the donor is screened by the ethics committee
and a Psychiatrist. In the Philippines the ethics committee does the interview process in two days at most.
They seem to think that if the donor has an emotional attachment it's alright if he was compensated.
   The prevalent use of the "not eligible" reason to deny transplants to sick Americans at the local Transplant center
makes the suffering worse and is not a real medical reason.
    Compare the US transplant mess seen at www.unos.org  -   to the Philippine Transplant situation using live donors 20 -30 years old.
  www.Liver4you.org
KT

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 01:49:33 AM »

The web site www.Liver4you.org promotes transplant surgery in the Philippines. This site DOES NOT
sell organs. The transplants are done with either a free cadaver or a live donor who is motivated like most normal people.
   If you hate dialysis than do something positive about it. _________________________
 However getting back to Epoman's comment about Organ sales , I challenge Epoman to quote something from the web www.liver4you.org that says that it sell organs or RETRACT your slander and apologize.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 02:13:28 AM »

The web site www.Liver4you.org promotes transplant surgery in the Philippines. This site DOES NOT
sell organs. The transplants are done with either a free cadaver or a live donor who is motivated like most normal people.
   If you hate dialysis than do something positive about it. _________________________
 However getting back to Epoman's comment about Organ sales , I challenge Epoman to quote something from the web www.liver4you.org that says that it sell organs or RETRACT your slander and apologize.

HAHA ok, Sorr.... Nah forget it

BANNED and your other account user: "mitch" I thought this thread would bring you out of hiding.

I AM ASKING ALL MEMBERS IF YOU SEE A SUSPICIOUS POST BY A MEMBER PLEASE INFORM A MEMBER OF THE ADMIN TEAM RIGHT AWAY. I HAVE BANNED THESE SPAMMERS BEFORE AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THIS SITE.

- EPOMAN
OWNER/ADMIN
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:39:15 AM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

sandman

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »

Are you really going to trust a doctor selling the organ to tell you the truth?     >:D

When money talks, ethics walk!

I would not be so trusting, that's for sure.  These people seem like butchers that will do anything for a fast buck.

You know that discussion board asking about is stopping dialysis suicide?  I think buying a kidney might be considered suicide.       :(

From them?  I couldn't agree more.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 09:54:34 PM »

I wouldn't want to accept a kidney from questionable means ...

Epoman, are you keeping track of that person's IP or are they posting from different IP's?

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 10:12:19 PM »

I wouldn't want to accept a kidney from questionable means ...

Epoman, are you keeping track of that person's IP or are they posting from different IP's?

Different IP's, but temporarily I banned the ENTIRE country of the Philippines  :o, since his host ended in .ph Both of the IPs he used were from the Philippines. There are even ways around that if he is smart enough but we'll see.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

livecam
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 03:28:18 PM »

Just FYI...there are ways to arrange a transplant in a place such as India or China.  They DO NOT involve so called brokers that operate on the internet.  I made an inquiry while on dialysis and learned that there was an option.  The whole thing was too uncertain to pursue although it might have been a credible option.  Had I not been transplanted when I was I might have become more serious about it.  Hint...if you really want to do this ask your doctor how.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »

Just FYI...there are ways to arrange a transplant in a place such as India or China.  They DO NOT involve so called brokers that operate on the internet.  I made an inquiry while on dialysis and learned that there was an option.  The whole thing was too uncertain to pursue although it might have been a credible option.  Had I not been transplanted when I was I might have become more serious about it.  Hint...if you really want to do this ask your doctor how.

Yes I know, thank you. Also thank you for adding fuel to the spammers by giving them credibility.  ::) Yes there are REAL transplant centers in CHINA but there are MANY "Organ Farms" and some very sad stories of people dying, getting scammed, or coming back to America and discover there insurance won't cover the meds required. I was so tempted to delete your post but I am against doing such things as you have a right to your opinion, however if you would have actually considered going to China for a transplant because you couldn't wait your turn like the thousands of others on the list, you sir are a FOOL! I don't think you have ANY idea the number of members I have banned from this site due to selling kidneys or even offering their working Kidney. And please don't give me the argument of you're are just paying for the surgery in China NOT the kidney, PUUUHLEASE! We all know the truth what goes on.

By the way I meant "FOOL" in the most repsectful way possible.  :)

/flamesuit ON
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 04:32:30 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

livecam
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 06:47:42 PM »

I think you had better chill.  I said I made an inquiry and I don't like being called a fool.  If you want to delete my post go ahead and if you think I'm a fool why don't you ban me from this site?  I'm not adding credibility to anyone.  I clearly said the individual named in the original post was a scammer and a harrasser and advised other members to never deal with an internet broker.  With that said do what you want.
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »

It might be said that anyone who does not at least THINK about any available option could be called a fool.  He didn't say he did it, just...researched it a little.  Determined for him it would not be a wise course of action and decided against it.  Seems pretty reasonable and smart to me.  Just my 2 cents.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 07:42:07 PM »

I think you had better chill.  I said I made an inquiry and I don't like being called a fool.  If you want to delete my post go ahead and if you think I'm a fool why don't you ban me from this site?  I'm not adding credibility to anyone.  I clearly said the individual named in the original post was a scammer and a harrasser and advised other members to never deal with an internet broker.  With that said do what you want.

You think I better chill? LOL, wow if calling you fool gets you that riled up imagine if I had called you an idiot which is also what I would have called you had you actually gone to China to buy a kidney. Even making an inquiry is a foolish act. And by you telling people in this thread "yeah it is a credible option" you are indeed endorsing scammers. This was the wrong thread to make mention of legitimate transplant centers in China. If you wish give advice on Asian organ banks, do some research and find some Asian hospitals that AMERICAN insurance companies will pay for or at least pay for the meds required after the surgery. Then create a NEW thread.

Why did you bring up banning? I never threatened banning you.  ???
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 08:36:49 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 08:01:15 PM »

It might be said that anyone who does not at least THINK about any available option could be called a fool.  He didn't say he did it, just...researched it a little.  Determined for him it would not be a wise course of action and decided against it.  Seems pretty reasonable and smart to me.  Just my 2 cents.

And that is what is great about this site you are entitled to voice your opinion, as did I.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 09:59:13 PM »

I was in China, as well as other countries around the world as an undercover documentary reporter in 1989. It was a film about the international trade in human organs. The program was produced in association with the BBC (for their program Antenna), RTL+, VARA and the Canadian Broadcasting Company.

In China, they shoot prisoners and give you one of the kidneys.  In the Philippines, foreigners get a kidney from a prisoner locked up in the national penitentiary, Mantelupa.  For their donation, the prisoner has their sentence commuted.

The doctors at the hospital/prison I visited in China tried to convince me that a Hep B positive kidney that was available would not cause me to contract Hep B myself.  Does a doctor in China or the Philippines really care about an American's health after the transplant has been paid?

In India, I wouldn't want it on my conscience how a young girl of seventeen or eighteen years of age, was forced by her family to give me a kidney.

Having surgery in these countries is in fact buying a kidney.  The money may go to a surgeon, but it's still buying a kidney ... we can't spin this any other way.

My earlier post here says the rest.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 08:10:41 PM by Zach » Logged

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 12:54:53 AM »

He now started posting on my site as Mitch  ::) (like I wouldn't know who it is since I just banned him myself from D&T City with the owners permission)

Epoman, could do you have any suggestions to prevent this kind of thing in the future?

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 01:25:58 AM »

He now started posting on my site as Mitch  ::) (like I wouldn't know who it is since I just banned him myself from D&T City with the owners permission)

Epoman, could do you have any suggestions to prevent this kind of thing in the future?

Well you could enable forum registration be approved by admin before account is activated. The you can research each member individually, but it is time consuming, or you can ban his entire host or domain if he keeps coming back, but there are always ways of getting in if a spammer wants to bad enough. Just do what I do and watch out for the signs and keep and eye open. It takes a lot of work and in the end when you ban one and finally are rid of him someone else will take that spammers place. It's a vicious never ending circle.

Just be proactive and be diligent.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 02:02:13 AM »

Well you could enable forum registration be approved by admin before account is activated. The you can research each member individually, but it is time consuming, or you can ban his entire host or domain if he keeps coming back, but there are always ways of getting in if a spammer wants to bad enough. Just do what I do and watch out for the signs and keep and eye open. It takes a lot of work and in the end when you ban one and finally are rid of him someone else will take that spammers place. It's a vicious never ending circle.

Thank you EPoman :) I appreciate it!

I know there will always be spammers .. including those pesky forum bots (Since I am a mod on a few forums I have lots of experience with them) but this was the first on my own forum. And this one being a human being who is just very persistant .. I thought I would seek your advice ;) Beings that you have experience with that certain individual. Thanks for your help!! :)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
sandman

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 04:57:07 PM »

I would have to agree with Epoman on this one.  Doing away with allowing guests to post is your best way to keep track of and administrate what happens on your boards.  I'm sorry Angie but my opinion on allowing guests to post is an invitation for trouble.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 08:57:09 PM »

Ya ... I think I will ... but so far with allowing guests I have been able to hear from people who sign up and have trouble with not getting the email .. they can still post. But if it keeps up (I did the ban) then I will do that. Thx.

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 09:00:52 PM »

Well the assholes back now with the username "Check4yourself" He is banned as well.

58.69.208.60.pldt.net
liver_transplant@yahoo.com

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 04:17:12 AM »

Well the assholes back now with the username "Check4yourself" He is banned as well.

58.69.208.60.pldt.net
liver_transplant@yahoo.com

He also found his way back to D&T City:

Mr-Mitch1
liver_transfer @yahoo.com

so there is another email address to add to the block list

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »