I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:21:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  KT leaves DaVita for CEO of Wal-Mart?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KT leaves DaVita for CEO of Wal-Mart?  (Read 6068 times)
bioya

« on: November 27, 2008, 02:40:40 PM »

I was watching a special on Walmart today on MSNBC. They showed the walmart shareholder meeting. I swear folks, KT must have been the CEO at Walmart at one time. They did the same shouting and all that KT did/does at the national meetings. Now the current Walmart CEO was not dressed in a three-Mouseketeers costume, but they did the same hip hip rah rah cheering.  Oh God it was horrible. It was like being back in a Duh-Vita cheering session at a national meeting. I got sick to my stomach and had to puke remembering the cheers....

Ok, my rant is over for now....I know you all have to live with the disease every minute of every day of your life. I know wishing you all a happy thanksgiving may seem to you to be stupid... but I do wish you a happy thanksgiving and I will tell each of you that you have more guts than I will every have. God Bless all of you.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »

Who's KT? Only KT I know is a member on here and I don't think she's a CEO of (well yet)of something we dislike doing.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
bioya

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 04:29:34 PM »

Who's KT? Only KT I know is a member on here and I don't think she's a CEO of (well yet)of something we dislike doing.

"who's KT"  I am a little shocked that anyone on this board does not know who KT is... Here is a quote for you "Kent Thiry has been Chairman and CEO of DaVita, Inc., since October 1999"

KT likes to go to national meetings and to academies and toot his own horn and say what a great guy he is and how good he is, etc, etc. He is overpaid and a egotistical, arrogant, jerk. You must have not been a member here long enough to see the video clips from the national meetings where you sing and dance and drink and sing some more. Everyone goes around high'fiving" each other and saying what a great bunch of people they are and how well they do their job.
Oh well, enough. My original post stands as it is written.... KT must have either told Walmart how to do their thing or he came from Walmart lol....  Same ole same ole....
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »

Who is KT?  Who cares.

Walmart using similar team building antics?
Again, who cares.

8)

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 05:18:27 PM »

We don't have Davita here in Canada and likely not in the UK or Australia or Belgium either and we have members in all those spots.

Your shock shocks me bioya.

Sometimes when people feel like crap they don't read things that they can't do much about.  Your dissatisfaction as an employee (former or otherwise)may not translate into the same vehemence against the CEO of the company, for patients who are struggling to cope with a new diagnosis or the adjustment to dialysis.

I understand that you despise Davita.  But there's no need, in my opinion, for you to resort to snarky shock "that anyone on this board does not know who KT is".   Our agendas may be quite different than yours and we may be struggling simply to know what our potassium and phosphorus are, to the neglect of our knowledge of the corporate world of dialysis.   We may not give a rat's behind about KT and his corporate practices because in our worlds of the moment we might have bigger fish to fry.  

I'm not saying this corporate stuff isn't important.  I'm just saying that it doesn't seem necessary to be condescending to members who might not know something.

Personally, I agree with our man Zach.  Who cares?

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 05:18:49 PM »

Not all topic subjects interest me and my center was not part of DaVita. It was a hospital run unit and really never had problems with most of the staff.  When I go to latesttopics and something sparks my interest, I read it and if I have a comment, I postit.

To think everyone reads and knows who KT is a little erogant in itself also, along with thinking someone is a new member.

You could have said go to this link or explained easily that this guy is or does this for such and such a company. Your reply doesn't tell me a thing who he is, just what you feel about him. I haven't seen anything mentioned in our buusiness section or in the WallStreet Journal when I do get it (I like reading about businesses).

At this point, I agree with Monrein and Zach, who gives a flying rat's ass with a reply like that.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:25:25 PM by Chris » Logged

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
bioya

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »

That as much as "I" (as well as others) have ranted about his antics, I was just surprised that the individual did not know of KT. Also, something like 20 main posts just on this one part of the board surround DaVita and KT. And, since this was a dialysis chat board and DaVita is the largest provider of dialysis in the world and lets face it... I rant on the jerk all the time lol, I was kind of surprised someone did not know who KT was.. My bad.
I did not intend for my post be taken as a, "your ignorant" type post. That was not the intent and if came off that way, then I am sorry. I rant at a company that spends MILLIONS of dollars to wine and dine and dance and sing all the while cutting staff and pay and treating their patients like meat instead of people.
Me, I got out after 6.5 years as a manager. My first meeting with DaVita after Gambro was bought was nothing but a four day party, and that was enough for me. However, my anger at DaVita for their waste of money and their non-caring attitude about their patients will not cease and I will rant every chance I get.
Happy Thanksgiving.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 06:23:53 PM by bioya » Logged
circleNthedrain

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 11:11:53 PM »

I only recently got wind of who KT is (thru posts on this site), even tho I have been having DaVita needles stuck in my arm for the last 2 years.  I am always sickened by corporate greed and waste, dialysis related or otherwise, but I choose to leave these matters in the hands of others.  I seem to have enough negitave input in my life without concerning myself with corporate america's misbehavin'.  Yeah, I wish it was different...but I have a LONG list in that catagory!

1979 Diagnosed with kidney failure
1979 Right arm fistula
1979 Start hemodialysis
1980 CAPD catheter
1980 Start CAPD
1989 Cadaveric kidney transplant
1995 2nd cadaveric  kidney transplant
2007 Start hemodialysis
2010 Still drawin' wind
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »