I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 11:50:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413386 times)
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1950 on: August 04, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »

Portraits taken at the school. I'll still need to scan class photo to show all the guide dogs in the class.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1951 on: August 05, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »

They are lovely pictures, Chris!  Yay! for graduating!  ;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1952 on: August 06, 2012, 04:18:51 PM »

this is so beautiful to see.  It is one of lifes most beautiful things to see is a guide( or other service) dog working and being a well trained team. Its so nice to see this happening for you...

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
MaryJoe

« Reply #1953 on: August 06, 2012, 04:48:36 PM »

Really, really great pictures, Chris!  You 2 are going to be best friends and a good team.

Whether the glass is half empty or half full is not as important as being thankful there's a glass and grateful there's something in it.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1954 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:40 PM »

lovely Chris!

Take care Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1955 on: August 09, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »

Good on ya, Chris! Whitley looks a beauty.

Galvo
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1956 on: August 09, 2012, 06:43:11 PM »

Well, I was planning a calm day at home, sick with a stuffy head.  I was half-reading, half-dozing on my bed when my two little furry demons began making an amount of noise that usually ends with them having a knock-down sibling brawl.  They were thumping up and down the hall, and all over the house.  I sat up enough to holler at them, and then realized that one of the squeaky noises I was hearing was clearly not a cat.  Oooops.

Okay, I haven't seen any mice sign yet in this old house, but I've only been here when the weather was nice, so I figured the kids had found themselves a little shrew.  The squeak didn't have quite the same pitch as the field and house mice my last cat used to play with in my old trailer.  Those made a particularly odd little squeak when they were dumb enough for her to grab them and dump them in the bathtub for her entertainment.  Shrews are so vicious though, they stand their ground and try to fight back, hollering like viking berserkers.  That's what this sounded like.  So I grabbed the broom from the kitchen and went to the living room where the commotion was at.

Nope, not a shrew.  Not unless they have started breeding them with wings and feathers.  Well crap!  How did that get in here?

I grabbed both cats and locked them in the bathroom, which was quite the production.  Two hyper, half-grown cats, trying to slide out of my arms and then past the bathroom door.  It always amazes me how their bones can turn to liquid when they want to slide away.  The only thing that aided me was the bird, which had gone on the attack when I got there, and had actually gotten a hold on Dora's whiskers and was swinging from them as she shook her head and backed away.  Like I said, Viking berserker.

The poor bird wasn't flying well by the time I got there.  I don't know if it was when they found it.  There were some substantial feathers on the carpet.  When I went back to get it after successfully corralling the cats, the bird tried to escape into the cold air sink in the floor by squeezing through the wood grating.  It got stuck, and I simply picked up the grating and carried it to the door.  It half fluttered away and lodged in the neighbor's rose bush.    I hope it can still fly, but hopefully the thorns from the bush should protect it until it gets its poor head back on straight.

I think it must have come down the old chimney, and then got stuck inside the furnace pipes.  I turned the furnace on this morning for a bit to get the damp from the rain out of the house.  The heat flow must have forced it to move upstairs away from the furnace.  It probably saw the light through the cold air grates and squeezed out into the living room or office - the only two rooms with wide set openings on the cold air returns.   Guess I better add chimney cap to my list of repairs.   ;)

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1957 on: August 09, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »

Thanks, if I could I would post video of her from my phone. I can only do that on Facebook tho and not on YouTube

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1958 on: August 17, 2012, 12:01:23 AM »

I was reading.  I heard thumping in the kitchen but didn't get up.  This is what I found when I went out to get a glass of water.

Now, if I can just train them to pour it in their dish.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Clara

« Reply #1959 on: August 17, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »

My husband had a dog when I started dating him.  I am now the Momma ;) I love her to pieces.  She is now going on fourteen years old and has athritis and stomach ulcer issues along with some blindness and deafness now.  I also love cats but my husband says "Dogs rule, cats drool".  :( no cats.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1960 on: August 17, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »

jbeany, just put a dish in there or by the door..... :rofl;

Clara, apparently he hasn't had the usual dog who drools..... :rofl;

I took Whitley on a sailboat today. She was raised to go on kyack's from her puppy raiser, then we watchewd the Blue Angels practice and looked at a couple naval vessels that came to Chicago.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Clara

« Reply #1961 on: August 20, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »

Oh no, she drools.  He just wipes it off for her...lol.  He has spoiled her rotten.  He just doesn't like the independant nature of the cat who only does what they want to do when they want to do it.  I like cats better.  I can't help to love the dog too :)
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1962 on: August 20, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »

Gotta raise a cat from a kitten like a dog I guess. Our male cat acts more like a dog and loves attention, sometimes to much...lol Licks up water as loud as a dog too...lol

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1963 on: August 20, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »

Cats can be just as affectionate as dogs - they just want to cuddle on their own schedule, not yours! 

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1964 on: August 21, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »

kitkatz - what a beautiful cat ou had. As others have said you can just tell he was loving in his own special way... he will be missed.. some gorgeous pictures there....

and as one door, painfully (but lovingly) closes, another opens with poppy (and bloke's) new kitten so the cycle of love and support continues....

Chris your dog looks very sweet and a great bond is obviously forming and that's really wonderful.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1965 on: August 24, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »

I am waiting for the universe to bring me another cat.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1966 on: August 24, 2012, 02:55:50 PM »

It won't be long.      :pray;

CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #1967 on: August 26, 2012, 08:14:48 AM »

It won't be long.      :pray;

If you are like me, there's an invisible sign on the road saying, "Strays. stop here!   :rofl;

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
Sweet Blood

« Reply #1968 on: August 26, 2012, 08:36:24 AM »

a beautiful black cat named Tabitha :2thumbsup;
Clara

« Reply #1969 on: August 27, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »

I had a kitten that chose me.  His name was Pouncer.  I will try to find a pic of him.  He would nap with me anytime I laid down.  He greeted me everytime I came home.  He used to steal my hairbands and carry them around meowing.  He would wake me up in the middle of the night to bring me a hairband.  The turkey would climb into the bathroom cabinet and reach up into the drawer from inside to get them out.

I loved him to pieces.  When he was about four years old, he began having unstoppable seizures.  After a week in the vet hospital, we thought the meds would control them.  It didn't.  I ended up putting him down on Halloween.  One of the hardest things I have ever done.
MaryD
Elite Member

« Reply #1970 on: August 27, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »

Ed the Magnificent, Prince of Darkness and Emperor of All He Surveys would like to meet Tabitha
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1971 on: September 09, 2012, 08:11:10 AM »

I had a kitten that chose me.  His name was Pouncer.  I will try to find a pic of him.  He would nap with me anytime I laid down.  He greeted me everytime I came home.  He used to steal my hairbands and carry them around meowing.  He would wake me up in the middle of the night to bring me a hairband.  The turkey would climb into the bathroom cabinet and reach up into the drawer from inside to get them out.

I loved him to pieces.  When he was about four years old, he began having unstoppable seizures.  After a week in the vet hospital, we thought the meds would control them.  It didn't.  I ended up putting him down on Halloween.  One of the hardest things I have ever done.

*hugs* I'm so sorry :( my little ladyis curled up on the bed right next to me and I will give her a big cuddle with thoughts of your Pouncer. What a sweet adorable kitty he obviously was with such a strong attachment to you (and your hairbands-because of course they smell of you!)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Sweet Blood

« Reply #1972 on: September 09, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »

Ed the Magnificent, Prince of Darkness and Emperor of All He Surveys would like to meet Tabitha

Tabitha would like to meet him to.
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #1973 on: September 16, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »

I had to say good bye to Cairny last month, they think it was his kidneys. He stopped eating and then drinking. It was all pretty terrible. That's him in my  avatar photoshopped with the 'gator, not sure if I'll change it - it is still a good idea to think about what will happen after you achieve your goal.

I still miss Cairny everyday but I have to have a dog and I like Australian Shepherds so much that ... well meet Banjo. He was seven weeks old yesterday. He has already been to work on Thursday and Friday. Productivity has taken a hit.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1974 on: September 16, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »

Productivity has taken a hit.

I bet!  He's darling.  So sorry about Cairny.  I love my two new fur-babies, but I still miss my Fuzz-butt.  Dora and Murphy have filled the empty space in my house, but no matter how much I love them, they can't fill that hole in my heart that held my girl for 12 years.

I'm also missing the space in my bed.  Fizzie was a mere 7-1/2 pounds, full grown with a middle-aged pot belly.  The twins are already 8-1/2 and 9-1/2 pounds at 7 months.  I saw their slender, delicate Russian Blue mother, and was assuming their father was a black and white street cat, since they certainly didn't get their mom's coloring.  I'm starting to wonder if their grandfather was Maine Coon, though. 

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »