I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 01:31:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413278 times)
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #1775 on: July 14, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »

An old photo of our dog, Pookie laying in the floor in front of our first grandson (age about 6 months).  I really miss Pookie, good dog.  Very protective of everyone in the family.  When I got hurt and lost my kidneys, she would sleep on the floor by me and keep an eye on me all night.  My wife called her "Florence Nighten dog".   
She was 2 when we got her, a "rescue dog" from a shelter.  She had been abused. We never knew what had been done to her but we knew she was afraid of men wearing basebal caps.  She would growl and stay away from anyone wearing one. A schnauzer poodle mix, known as a "schnoodle".  She lived to be 14 before we lost her in July of 2008. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:23:24 PM by fc2821 » Logged

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1776 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:43 PM »

Looks a good old girl.

Galvo
fc2821
Elite Member

Just another hamster on the dialysis W.O.F.

« Reply #1777 on: July 14, 2010, 09:29:30 PM »

Looks a good old girl.

Thanks Galvo, she was a great dog! 

In center hemo dialysis since Feb 14, 2007. 

If I could type properly, I'd be dangerous!

You may be only one person in the universe but you may mean the the universe to someone else.
crickiepoo

« Reply #1778 on: July 15, 2010, 10:50:39 AM »

Single photo is NOEL (chihuahua/cogi)
Double photo SANDY (big - chow/akita) DOMINO (chihuahua) :D

Well, I cant find them on my computer. baha
You can look at them here http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i128/ecsdavis/ ....plus a few other photos (me, my nephew, graphics ive made, etc..)
The goofy animal photos w/weird hair was just being goofy one night with a friend (we were really hyper) haha
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #1779 on: August 25, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »

Since there are many cat lovers here I wanted to know what is the youngest age a kitten can be introduced to chicks. I used to have cats back in Chicago but since I've moved here I've got my my pet chickens.I heard if a kitten is introduce to puppy she wouldn't bother with it as she grows up. I would keep it out coop itself due to all the nasty stuff on the ground. I am hoping that the kitten growing up with the growing birds would keep her thinking of them as dinner. Any info would be useful to me.

As I was coming out the Nephrologist office, I thought the sky was falling.
Knew I was going on dialysis since November 1999.
Had a fistula put in January 2000.
Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

Maria hasbeen on hemodualysis since January, 2005
natnnnat
Elite Member

« Reply #1780 on: August 25, 2010, 10:36:23 PM »

Such a cute profile pic by the way.  On the subjects of cats and chooks (chickens)... I had chooks in my backyard in Brisbane, where we lived with three cats and a dog, and 6 chooks.  I kept the chooks in a dome in the back yard.  We were a share house, so none of the animals grew up together except for my two cats. When I got the chooks, they were already grown up, I rescued them from a farmer who claimed to keep free range hens, but the poor girls had their beaks cut short and their claws cut off, and they were kept in cages or let out into a large barn.  So much for free range.  Anyway, I brought them to our place, and let them out of their dome to scratch around in the grass in the sun every day.  The other animals would observe, but did nothing.  This beast you can see here in my profile photo, Akbah, he would just sit and watch.  Now he and Hannah, a similar sized girl cat, are good ratters, active hunters, consumers of rats and possums.  Maybe grown chooks seemed "too big" for the cats to get their heads around.  possums are big too, but the possum hannah caught was a baby.  Sorry, animal lovers, sorry, people who will be enraged about introduced species decimating the native wildlife!  They also ate lizards too, what can I say?  I love lizards, possums, rats and all, and it seemed the efforts of my two energetic moggies didn't make much of a dent in the native population in the area.  To reply to chickenlittle's question about chicks and kittens, I don't really know, but cats and chooks were a stand off at my place.  The dog, by the way, was a mad border collie mixed with some other form of sheep dog, and all he wanted to do was "herd" "his" chickens.  Even when he wasn't there, the cats never made a move.  But I did once find Akbah's collar hanging from the middle of the chook dome.  I guess he climbed up there and slid off, half strangling himself on the way down till his collar came off and let him fall and run away.

Natalya – Sydney, Australia
wife of Gregory, who is the kidney patient: 
1986: kidney failure at 19 years old, cause unknown
PD for a year, in-centre haemo for 4 years
Transplant 1 lasted 21 years (Lucy: 1991 - 2012), failed due to Transplant glomerulopathy
5 weeks Haemo 2012
Transplant 2 (Maggie) installed Feb 13, 2013, returned to work June 17, 2013 average crea was 130, now is 140.
Infections in June / July, hospital 1-4 Aug for infections.

Over the years:  skin cancer; thyroidectomy, pneumonia; CMV; BK; 14 surgeries
Generally glossy and happy.

2009 - 2013 PhD research student : How people make sense of renal failure in online discussion boards
Submitted February 2013 :: Graduated Sep 2013.   http://godbold.name/experiencingdialysis/
Heartfelt thanks to IHD, KK and ADB for your generosity and support.
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1781 on: August 25, 2010, 11:46:47 PM »

That's a scream of a story, Nat!

Galvo
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #1782 on: August 26, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »

Thanks for for the info and the story Natnnnat. I also have to mixed breed dogs but I wouldn't trust them hanging around coop. I've discovered some hens missing one day. Looking around I noticed some feathers around the dog house. Now, I could have blamed the wind for blowing incriminating evidence from the coop house to the dog house but the wind was blowing the other way.  :shy;So, sad to say, up went the gate and they are now banned from the other side of the fence. I hope that get some ratters because of all the feeders around. Lucky I haven't had a problem with rats but a neighbor several down the road was having that kind of problem. Nothing like living in a rural setting where the dogs are sitting on the porch sleeping or keeping an eye on a few rogue chickens in the front yard scratching at the ground looking for some morsels to eat. I would like to complete the picture with a cat or two. :)

Been on 4-1/2 hour dialysis since August 28, 2001. (They took out 35Kg that single week)

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #1783 on: August 26, 2010, 12:13:05 PM »

Worms...500 worms.... :embarassed:

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #1784 on: August 29, 2010, 11:31:16 AM »

Here are two pictures in front of Chef Fred's place. Here he is the master of his own domain. The first picture is me holding Fred and the second one is my sister Lil standing in Fred;s place. I had to convince her to stand in there because she is afraid of chickens. If any outsider hen decides to roost in there well she has to deal with fred frist and then with the other hens. If a rooster decide to take a stroll in there well,  Fred is just going to have to take care of business. There just might be some feathers a flying. :boxing; :boxing; As in life you start at the bottom of the pecking order. :rofl; :rofl;
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 11:39:40 AM by ChickenLittle56 » Logged

kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #1785 on: September 14, 2010, 01:07:12 PM »

Here's Pup getting brushed with the "Fur-Minator".  We could have made another dog with all the hair we got off of him.

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Dianejt

« Reply #1786 on: September 17, 2010, 04:35:25 AM »

This was written by our son Erik.

The Loyalty of a Dog

The love and connection between a man and his dog is like few others. Frank & Diane brought home Jelly with the intentions of naming her "Jackie". Franks mother, who only spoke a few words of english had a difficult time saying Jackie, she kept saying Jelly. The name immediately stuck. Jelly & Frank could be seen together all over town. Jelly & Diane were often together at the South Gardner Mini Mart, where Jelly was quickly beloved by all. If you knew Frank or Diane, you also knew Jelly.

Eleven years, ten surgeries, two grandchildren, and a daughter's wedding later, Frank lay in bed in renal failure, Jelly lay on the floor next to Frank, also in renal failure. On the morning of September 11, 2010, Frank succumbs to his illness. During the evening of September 11. 2010, Jelly also succumbs to her illness. It is clear that Frank & Jelly had a connection like few others had. Frank & Jelly were two of a kind. Both enjoyed the outdoors, full of energy, always ready to play & have a good time. Both were also very protective of their families. Was it the heartbreak Jelly felt from the loss of her master? Or was it the strength of Jelly to hold on just long enough to be there for her master when he passed on? May we all be lucky enough to find someone or something in our lives that we can be as connected to.

caregiver to husband Frank

bladder cancer 1994
renal failure April 2009 due to blocked right ureter. Left kidney 20% function
November 18 2009 surgery to remove right ureter.
April 3, 2010 removal bladder, prostrate, left kidney.
June 11, 2010 started Hemo @ hospital
July 2, 2010 Embolized right Kidney due to hemoraging of tumor
September 11, 2010 RIP my love
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1787 on: September 17, 2010, 04:59:26 AM »

Beautiful.

Galvo
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1788 on: September 17, 2010, 05:50:56 AM »

oh that made me cry.

beautiful is right.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
ChickenLittle56

Chickenlittle and Maria

« Reply #1789 on: October 24, 2010, 08:23:15 AM »

Although these dogs aren't mine I thought I would put them here. I seen this picture at They look so cute with the baby pacifiers. :flower;
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-pod-pix,0,6615505.photogallery

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:25:48 AM by ChickenLittle56 » Logged

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #1790 on: October 24, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »

Reese, my bedwarming buddy...

He was given to me by a lady who's daughter was trying to save her animals from an abusive boyfriend.  I feel bad sometimes that I didn't take Reese's sister too, but she wasn't fixed.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1791 on: October 26, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »

Aslan

Missy

Buck- my friend Sue's dog. Sue is staying with us for a while. Her pets moved in, too.

Pumpkin- Sue's cat

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1792 on: October 26, 2010, 08:59:36 PM »

My Pumpkin, aka Fuzzbutt is presently lying behind me in that upside comma shape with her head cocked to the side.  That's the "I'm soooooo cute you must want to give me cat nip" pose. 

So far, it's not working - I want to go to bed in a few minutes, and sleeping with a stoned, hyper cat in the room is problematic.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

vcarmody

« Reply #1793 on: October 26, 2010, 09:19:40 PM »

This is our dog Jade, she really is our pride and joy, and probably the best dog I have ever owned. 

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1794 on: October 26, 2010, 11:45:02 PM »

vcarmody, Jade looks a beauty.

Kitkatz, Asian is the spitting image of my late Ginger Mick.

Riki, Reese looks one tough dude!

Galvo
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #1795 on: October 27, 2010, 06:29:12 PM »

Riki, Reese looks one tough dude!

He's protecting his turf in that shot, which happens to be the back doorstep.. *L*  He'll sit on that railing and wait for me to get up on the step, which can be difficult, because when Dad built it, he figured that since he could climb up on the deck no problem without a step, the rest of us should be able to do it too.  There's a makeshift step there that's a little tippy, so he waits to make sure I get up ok, then jumps down to go in when I get to the door.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #1796 on: November 23, 2010, 01:36:22 AM »

Our Maltese has just had 4 tiny white pups. She is a devoted mom and keeps them nice and warm.   

aaaaaaaaaahh! they are too cute for words.

Mom and all four pups are resting after a very busy 24hours.

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
YLGuy
Elite Member

« Reply #1797 on: November 23, 2010, 09:42:31 AM »

:bandance;  :pics;
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1798 on: November 23, 2010, 10:01:42 AM »

Our Maltese has just had 4 tiny white pups. She is a devoted mom and keeps them nice and warm.   

aaaaaaaaaahh! they are too cute for words.

Mom and all four pups are resting after a very busy 24hours.
Awww ... yay!  Can't wait to see photos!

I've recently discovered that my newish cat Mog (it's his first birthday tomorrow - I've forgotten to buy cake) likes to visit a neighbouring house.  I only know this because the conservatory sales lady said she'd seen a weird looking fox-like cat going in another house, and then three hours later (do sales people ever go away?!) he returned home and we discovered he was the weird looking fox-like cat.  I'm a little miffed that they let him in their house (I chuck cats out who sneak in my house) and so I hope he chews all their electric cables up and leaves deep scratches on their arms.

;D

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Des
Elite Member

« Reply #1799 on: November 23, 2010, 11:25:18 PM »

Go Mog go!

Drama drama!
We had to rush Snoekie to the emergency room last night. The labour pains continued even after the pups were born. It turns out that one pup were stuck. They removed it with an emergency operation. (very animal planet) She is home now, doing very well. Oh and the last little pup didn't make it of course, because he was in a "bridge" position.

Ps it cost us an arm and a leg but it was worth it.

All is well again.

Please note: I am no expert. Advise given is not medical advise but from my own experience or research. Or just a feeling...

South Africa
PKD
Jan 2010 Nephrectomy (left kidney)
Jan 2010 Fistula
Started April 2010 Hemo Dialysis(hate every second of it)
Nov 2012 Placed on disalibity (loving it)
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »