I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  talk me out of killing him
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: talk me out of killing him  (Read 11727 times)
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 07:07:19 AM »

This should be illegal!  It is pure billing issues and money but at your expense!  I would think medicare or SOMEBODY needs to hear this!  I am so mad I can't stand it.  They can't bill for nothing, insurance should be informed.  Then maybe  the stupid doctors will get their butts out of their ass and start actually caring for their patient! :boxing;

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
Psim

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 07:40:25 AM »

My mouth is hanging open at the pettiness and lack of care and concern. But you and Marvin were brilliant -- a great team. Congrats on keeping your temper -- that can't have been easy.
The Wife

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 08:57:59 AM »

I don't know what to say Petey, except what everyone else has said.  Is there a CEO that runs things?  You could always call their office.

Good for you for keeping your cool though.  Don't know if I would have managed to keep my mouth shut.  Isn't there some oath that states 'do no harm'?   Oh yeah, that's the doctor's oath...but still, Marvin needs care...there has to be someone high up that can take your complaints.  How can they leave you alone with this?  Absolute BS if you ask me. 

Big hugs to you Petey... :grouphug;...you're doing a great job taking care of Marvin.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2008, 09:09:15 AM »

kill the guy with kindness and next time he tells you you're just being overprotective, IGNORE him and call the doctor yourself. and if you really can't keep your hands off him, i'll pitch in for the defense fund.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Slywalker

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2008, 09:38:15 AM »

Oh Petey - what a mess - story about the doctor "blessing" him for continued dialysis - how big of him.  Geesh.

recently I have been charged $119 for a doctor who never even saw me, but a doctor had to sign off authorizing a home health nurse that was required because another doctor created a wound on my stomach.  I haven't paid the bill yet and I'm probably not going to. 

Marvin is one lucky guy to have you by his side looking out for his best interest. 

(((((Petey)))))))

Sandyb

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »

Hi Petey,  What a mess!  The day I came by Duke to meet you, I had been at the NxStage dialyisis clinic, meeting with the regional manager and the nurses there.  They were marvelous. I got to meet two gentleman who were there for their monthly labs,etc.  My local neph isn't too excited about NxStage, but he isn't that familiar with it.  The regiional manager has offered to meet with him and the other doctors in his office.  My neph is willing to learn and listens to what I tell him.   Re:Wilmington vs. Duke---- all hospitals seem to have this problem.  UNC hates Duke, Duke hates Winston-Salem---it makes no sense.  Duke is Marvin's transplant center, of course you need to go there.  I am so tired of the politics that goes on in the medical field.    Boy, I leave town for a few days, and come home to find you on your way to prison!!  Romona, thanks for watching Petey's back. And Sluff would have jumped on that bike and rescued you in a heartbeat!  You have some strong people behind you now.    I have more to say, and this is a little disjointed--took the red eye and am a LOT sleep deprived right now. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2008, 03:22:46 PM »

Paris -- which clinic were you at?  If it's Durham, we probably know the nephs there.

I was so glad to see a post from you.  Glad you're home.  I want to hear about the trip; it was so, so sweet of you to go say good-bye to Goofy for us.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2008, 07:13:51 PM »

It is a new facility, north of Duke, off of 85.  The neph I met was with Capital Nephrology and they said my own neph could easily have access. It is attached to a Davita dialysis center , but strictly for NxStage.  They were really helpful and anxious to show me everything. Everyone gave me their cards; training nurse,managers--anyone who had a card!  I am fortunate I have time to reseach my options.

I am glad to be home, too --but even more glad I could go. 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 04:17:47 AM »

Paris, reading back through my posts here, I think I may sound negative (YA THINK?). But, I just want to make it clear -- I'm not negative about home hemo or about NxStage -- they are wonderful!!!  Switching to home hemo is the BEST thing we've ever done.  Also, when you have any trouble with your NxStage machine, you can call their support folks 24 hours a day -- 7 days a week (We know because we've called them a couple of times at 3 in the morning  -- and they didn't even laugh or make me feel stupid because I had forgotten to make one little step in a process).  And, unlike the greedy doctors, the folks at NxStage didn't bill our insurance for the calls!

Even with everything that has happened in the last two months, Marvin and I would still choose home hemo.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2008, 06:13:07 AM »

Epoman always praised NxStage and everyone here loves it, so it is between that and PD.  I have learned by everyone's posts that I don't think I want in-center and I want as much control as possible. Now I have to work on the needle thing!!

Yeah, Rookie Girl!  We will plan on a summer event!  Wilmington is an easy drive for me.  We'll keep planning and make it happen. 

Petey, so glad you didn't kill the nurse.  But, it is absurd how they treated you and Marvin.  Someone needs to be accountable. How is Marvin feeling now? He has been through so much in the past few months. What a fighter he is! And you!   And, Petey, I don't think you could ever sound negative.  Strong and capable-----not negative. (but I don't ever want to be on your bad side :rofl;)

petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 06:32:24 AM »

(but I don't ever want to be on your bad side :rofl;)

Oh, you know me too well, paris!
The Wife

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 11:13:01 AM »

Strong and capable-----not negative.

I was just thinking the same thing. 

Hugs to you and Marvin, Petey.  You have been through so much and are doing a great job! 
PMP

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 02:20:19 PM »

Petey, you KILL me!  You have a way with words that I haven't seen in, well, FOREVER.  You crack me up like I can't even believe and, at the same time, get me SO PISSED OFF at the medical community that I can't believe that either.  It's so frustrating, isn't it?

You should write books!!!!!!!  Better still, you should go to congress/the senate and get those guys involved in dishing out $$$ to NIH (and others) for medical research on kidney disease.

You and your husband make a great couple...the ying and the yang (or whatever that is). 

Pat

petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »

Pat, You're too kind.  How's your dad?
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2008, 03:35:27 PM »

petey I really don't understand the medical system in the U.S.  In Canada under MCP treatments and stuff like that doesn't even go to insurance. All our home hemo stuff is covered by MCP. Doesn't cost us anything.  Doesn't even go through my insurance.  By the way Petey. I am a teacher too!!!  My students are a little younger though - Grade 2's!!

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »