I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 12:23:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Viral bronchitis
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Viral bronchitis  (Read 13199 times)
anja

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 10:05:26 PM »

Oh, Bajanne, it takes a big person to admit to misplacing anything!  ( It seems to be one of my new hobbies, misplacing that is, not admitting to it...)   Sure hope your wallet shows up soon ~ hey, have you asked Christopher where it might be?  Never know about those little sweetheart thieves !     :-X     You've got to get those tests!   Do you sound like a seal when you cough?   :o That is not a good sound to come from a person ~ someone may throw you a fish!   ;D     :clap;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 10:06:37 PM »

:beer1; here's to quick recovery of that wallet.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 10:25:36 PM »

Well, I did get my battery of tests.  And Anja, you hit the nail on the head!  I do have a sound like a seal!  (And I don't like raw fish!)  Nothing has changed really.  I don't feel at all bad.  Right now it is just the cough.  Two of the tests I have had are for sarcoidosis (first time I ever heard of that), and tuberculosis (scary!)
I have the gross task of collecting sputum, as they call it.  Three containers, once every three days.  So I will take in the three containers on Thursday to the lab, and then I will go over to the public clinic to find out if I have TB (they did was was called a Mantoux test).

Still haven't found my wallet.  However, coincidentally, the last time I used my driver's licence (a convenient ID card) I forgot to put it back in my wallet and so it was in my hand bag. At least one card I will not have to replace.

The jeep is still down.  A friend wants to do it without going to a garage where they will charge an arm and a leg, and is waiting until a friend comes with tools for them to take out the head and take it to the machinery place to get fixed.
Thank goodness, I am on holiday.  I would have had a difficult time with all the tests and the jeep being down.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:28:52 PM by bajanne2000 » Logged

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
anja

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 11:04:11 PM »

So glad you got the tests run!  Bet you are on pins and needles!  I know I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that you do not have T.B. or anything that drastic!    It is truly great to have such good friends willing to help out with your jeep!  Yes, good you are on holiday!  Don't sweat the small stuff, those cards from your wallet can be replaced, even though it may be an inconvenience.  Take care of you!    :grouphug; 
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 07:33:54 AM »

I hope your tests come back and it's nothing more than an infection. Hopefully it will go away soon. The jeep well i hope your friends know what they are doing because it's awesome that they are willing to help. Here's praying that everything will soon pass and become normal again, whatever normal is.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 08:15:13 AM »

Dear Bajanne,
Thinking about you all the time!
Hope you're better soon girlfriend!  :cuddle;
Take care!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 08:30:19 AM »

I hope you test comes back ok.

I hope your better soon.

Amanda xxoo
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 11:08:26 AM »

Glad to hear you had those test Bajanne, and that you are feeling better as well.  :2thumbsup;

Were there any credit cards?  Did you call them to cancel them?  I hope they do turn up though, just recently my mom lost her little credit card holder and low and behold it was in my purse :P  She must've slipped it in there without me noticing (eh, cards were all maxed out anyways) :P  j/k.

I hope your friends are able to fix your car, i am sure that will save you some $$$ by letting them do it.  Take care Bajanne and please keep us informed, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers my friend  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2007, 07:22:24 PM »

Bajanne you should have a great deal of time to help with the story on here. Hehehehe! I hope you are feeling better.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 12:06:24 AM »

HALLELUJAH!!!!!  The tuberculosis test came back.  It was negative!! Which is POSITIVE!!  However, I had a call on my answering machine from another of the laboratories, telling me I have to come back on Saturday and get another set of containers as the specimens I gave were not adequate.  If they only knew how I felt spitting up in those containers!  I didn't even want to look at them!  Now I have to do it all over again.  Three days!!
Praise the Lord!   Found my wallet!!  It had fallen down between a couch at a home where I fellowship on the Lord's Day!!!

I still feel very well.  It is just the awful cough.  I also had the best dialysis session ever yesterday.  The room was freezing cold!! I slept for the entire time - just opening my eyes once or twice to see how much more time I had, and then back to sleep.  It was so cold, I asked for a sheet, but they had no fresh ones.  I didn't mind too much - just my hands were cold, so I held my lines and went back to sleep!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007, 12:48:20 AM »

That is great new Bajanne,  :clap;  Thank you Jesus.  and thank you Jesus for leading her to her wallet.   :cuddle;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2007, 05:20:29 AM »

Glad you found your wallet!  :thumbup;
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2007, 05:14:35 PM »

Hi Bajanne,  Just checking in to see how you are feeling these days?  Do you still have that persistent cough?  I hope it is easing its way out and you are getting some peaceful sleep again.  Hope to hear from you soon.

XOXOXOX
Susie

www.kidneyoogle.com
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 11:25:49 PM »

I still have the cough.  It is not often, but it is there.
I found myself with another situation (does it ever stop?).  I had an underarm absess.  Had to have minor surgery in the ER.  Although I was given 2 shots of lidocaine, I still felt ever bit of the cut, and the squeezing out!!  But it is all much better now.
I am doing quite well now.  I am having good dialysis sessions, thank the Lord.

Kathleen

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 01:13:49 AM »

bajanne2000

You must be one tough cookie, bronchitis and now a nasty ole absess. Gosh I know that hada hurt. you get to feeling better. :cuddle;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 05:28:36 AM »

Aurora I'm glad you are starting to feel normal again.
nextnoel

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 08:57:24 AM »

Bajanne, I hope you get a break from troubles now!  :cuddle;

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2007, 07:28:41 AM »

Well, all of the tests (some had to be sent to Puerto Rico) are in, and they are all NEGATIVE!!!!  i was tested for some conditions I can't even spell!!   But i still have the cough (though very slight).  My doctor is saying that it must be an asthma-related condition or a bronchial condition.  well, both of those are in my family.
I am relieved that it is not tuberculosis or anything like that.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2007, 08:51:41 AM »

Fantastic but I wonder if there is some kind of nebulizer treatment you can do at home.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2007, 01:23:38 PM »

It must be that terrible Bahama weather :P, you should come to California where its nice and smoggy  ::) ::)  So glad to hear it is all negative girlfriend  :clap; :yahoo;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »