I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 07:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  A special thank you to IHDers...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A special thank you to IHDers...  (Read 7866 times)
Savemeimdtba

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 12:36:46 PM »

This is a great post :) I'm sending you good vibes for next week, Dan! IHD has helped me a lot over the past month as well.. I came here scared to death about PD and now here I am giving other people advise!  It feels great to be able to help someone and keep it going instead of always needing the help.  Makes me feel productive!

-Kristi-
12/2008 - Began Hemodialysis
03/2009 - Began P.D.

"You gotta swim, swim for your life, swim for the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive"
Wenchie58
Elite Member

Always carrying the big silly grin!

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 12:52:23 PM »

Dan,
   Best of luck with your fistula and catheter....you'll breeze through it.  Keep your sense of humor and your chins up!
   Of course you're family....you're that crazy Uncle that we all laugh at...errrrr WITH!
   I'll be thinking of you!!! (but don't tell Richard).   >:D

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says "Oh s**t, she's awake!"

Right nephrectomy 1963
Diagnosed ESRD 2007
"Listed" summer 2007
Transplant 3/6 match  10/24/08
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »

Thanks for the sentiment, Wenchie, but I don't want to be anybody's crazy old uncle or grandpa...  Can't I just be your handsome, sophistocated older brother?????

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 03:34:05 PM »

Older brother might now work for me...What about a handsome, sophistocated sugar daddy? ;)

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 07:03:21 PM »

Older brother might now work for me...What about a handsome, sophistocated sugar daddy? ;)

I thought that was my job??? oh hold on he has to be handsome and sophistocated.... damnit :(  :rofl;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 07:46:40 PM »

I thought that was my job??? oh hold on he has to be handsome and sophistocated.... damnit :(  :rofl;

Don't be silly Richy.... your too young to be a Sugar Daddy........

But not........... Stud Muffin   :)

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »

No see Richard you are my overseas sugar daddy, I need to find one in states *smile*

Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.

paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »

We're glad that you came here dw!  :grouphug; This is a wonderful support group. IHD was absolutely great when  I had to start dialysis 2 months ago (even though I've been a member for a year and a half!). And don't worry about the pain. I had both a graft and a chest catheter placed at the same time and they barely hurt. Yeah they hurt if you poked them, but just don't do that! My doc gave me a vicodin rx, but i never even used it. tylenol worked fine. As far as for during dialysis, you won't feel anything when they use the catheter. The needles may hurt though. They don't actually bother me. It feels like a slight prick to me. Which is strange considering i have almost no tolerance for pain.  :waiting;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 04:06:37 AM »

We're glad that you came here dw!  :grouphug; And don't worry about the pain. I had both a graft and a chest catheter placed at the same time and they barely hurt. Yeah they hurt if you poked them, but just don't do that!   :waiting;

Thanks Paddabear,,, That's what I need to hear...

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
PMP

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »

Dan,

I don't know how old you are, but I bet you're not as old as my father.   He's 85.  Started dialysis when he was 82!  Still going strong.  He drives himself to and from dialysis.  He's really doing quite well with the whole thing.  Now, I'm sure he'd rather play golf than go to dialysis (so would I), but...

Pat
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 11:52:38 AM »

Dan,

I don't know how old you are, but I bet you're not as old as my father.   He's 85.  Started dialysis when he was 82!  Still going strong.  He drives himself to and from dialysis.  He's really doing quite well with the whole thing.  Now, I'm sure he'd rather play golf than go to dialysis (so would I), but...

Pat

To you and your dad.
 :beer1;

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 11:59:13 AM »

no, pmp, but going on 69 here in July.  Driving is one of the things I'm worried about.  I'd hate to be house bound...

MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »

Dan there is a pretty good chance that I won't get to be on to much this weekend if at all. And just in case I don't make it back, I want to wish you good luck.  You will be in my thoughts. Let us know  how your doing when you get a chance. Talk to you soon.  :cuddle;

dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 01:05:28 PM »

thanks mandy... i'll try and not scream too loud when that stick that tube in me.  talk to you when I get back.

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 02:34:17 PM »

Dan,
Add my thoughts to all the others. I'll be thinking about you!!!

Just think of ALL the wonderful warm wishes (WWW) coming your way to help you through any of the rough spots, and let us know how you are doing ASAP!

Best,
Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »