I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  how did you decide on your avatar --- and why do you change it
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how did you decide on your avatar --- and why do you change it  (Read 12476 times)
Dan.Larrabee

Dialysis Dan

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 09:04:35 PM »

Ok, I know that no one has posted in this thread for a while, but more than one person has asked so here it is. When I started home dialysis, by daughter was asking questions and one she asked was why the tube ran into the sink from my NxStage machine. I told her that was dialysis fluid waist and my fluid waist. She said “so you are peeing in the sink”, she is so smart.

I like the idea of being able to see members and agree that the 88 page member’s photo post is a little long. I wish we could click on someone’s name and go to their profile and see a picture there.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:21:02 PM by Dan.Larrabee » Logged

AKA Dialysis Dan
Feeling the best I can because of Home Hemo
Doing it the best way I can by making it Nocturnal
Sharing it to help everyone feel they best they can
www.youtube.com/dialysisdan
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 11:39:42 PM »

I never change mine. Jenna is my reason for being here (plus I love this photo of her!)

I love that photo, it makes me smile every time I see it, so glad you won't change it.  Mine is boring, I'm Rose and it's a rose!!
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 12:11:14 AM »

I love your photo Rose, it's not at all boring.  I love roses I think they are one of our best flowers and some of them smell wonderful. When we moved into this new bungalow there where at least 20 different type roses here I had to take a picture of every one of them for an old lady friend of mine back home. 
I often change our photo the one at the moment is of John and I when we first got together and had a holiday in Torquay.  This was a photo taken in the stocks in Cockington.  Yvonne

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - January Renal failure
2007 - March Diagnosed with a Horseshoe kidney and bladder cancer.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 07:17:50 AM »

Yvonne, I love seeing all the pictures of you and John. 

Mine is the Eiffel Tower as a nod to my screen name (and my favorite city) and the tiara honors our own Goofynina (our  IHD princess) and the green ribbon for organ donation.   AlohaBeth designed it for our kidney walk team.   Not sure if I could ever change it now. 

Dan, I love the sink and your daughters statement! 

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
pinkrose

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »

I like the idea of being able to see members and agree that the 88 page member’s photo post is a little long. I wish we could click on someone’s name and go to their profile and see a picture there.

The photos are shown on the profile of members (their chosen avatar anyway!)

A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 03:49:48 AM »

I love my avatar,  Buster has helped me get through #@@$ kidney disease every day, he gets me off my butt, we walk all the time, and when I am down he brings me up...
Have I ever told you all I love ma dog!

xxooxxoo

http://www.kimhoben.com
MiSSis

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 08:58:27 AM »

I should probably change the picture in my avatar since that one is getting a little old.  It was taken when my hubby and I were up in Milwaukee seeing the Cubs clobber the Brewers about 4 years ago.  I always seem to take my best pictures when I've got a little alcohol in me.  And that's usually the only time I'll let someone take a pic of me.  I hate having pictures taken because unfortunately I actually look like the person in the picture!  Pictures add about 20 or 30 lbs to you, don't they?  Even if they don't, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!           

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."  Helen Keller
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »

I am a little late on this, but I just changed mine.  And manly just cause I change a lot. Mood and all. Its like my music and stuff on my myspace. I change it all the time. I feel like I need to show people every side of me there is and theres lots! *smile*  So yeah that is why I change mine.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »

I've not been around IHD too long and I don't know much about any of the people -- other than a few who've been kind enough to chat with me.  Recently people were discussing their avitars.  I didn't have one.  I asked why you did them (and what exactly an Avitor is).  Someone told me to find a little figure that looked a little like myself.  The next day in regards to a post someone called me a SMART ASS...I thought this would explain me as well as most things.  That's why...

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 02:45:56 PM »

Well how many times do you see an ass in a museum?  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;
Of course they would have to be a smart ass! :rofl; :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »

I love your's Chris, because it looks just like you!

dwcrawford,  You picked a good one.  Love it!  See you in the chat room!!   :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
MandaMe1986
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 03:29:07 PM »

I've not been around IHD too long and I don't know much about any of the people -- other than a few who've been kind enough to chat with me.  Recently people were discussing their avitars.  I didn't have one.  I asked why you did them (and what exactly an Avitor is).  Someone told me to find a little figure that looked a little like myself.  The next day in regards to a post someone called me a SMART ASS...I thought this would explain me as well as most things.  That's why...

Haha thats great! I love it!

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theres is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they whohunger and thirst for righteousness, for theywill be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Matthew 5:3-9
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »

dwcrawford          if you are a smart :sir ken; and I am not saying you are - be proud of it
                          a smart ass is interesting and never boring  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »

did you read what I put under my ass?  That's what I really am...

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »

some of us are already there  :clap;
dwcrawford
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 05:56:25 PM »

twirl's dinner (yuk)

twirl's husband's dinner (yummmy)

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 05:57:25 PM »

so funny      :2thumbsup;
that is the very same thing my husband just said   :beer1;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »

I love Twirl's twirler!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 05:37:49 PM »

I changed mine because I just think my baby is really cute.  All mother's think that about their own children though!!
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 11:06:27 PM »

Lucinda that is an adorable little puppy!

I change my avatar because I have so many pictures of my husband- he is the love of my life- and I just want to share a tiny bit of who he was- its my way of talking about him a little- without boring people to tears- plus it makes me happy..  :)

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »

Glitter, I love seeing new pictures of Jack.  I look forward to them.  Thank you for sharing Jack with us.   :cuddle;

pklipe57

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »

My avatar is a picture of my brother's restored 57 Chevrolet pickup.  Since his daughter figured out that the pickup and I were born in the same year it has been a family joke. 
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 09:33:25 PM »

I wonder if I can find Garfield with phaser.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2009, 08:16:03 AM »

hey teach, do you mean taser :clap;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;  It was a Star Trek flashback I was having.

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »