I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 11:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  hey caregivers!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hey caregivers!  (Read 8500 times)
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »

Ricard: *hugs* *hugs* hugs* hugsd* hugs* hugs*hugs*hugs*hugs hugs*

caregiver to husband using in-center dialysis 4 years
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 10:00:57 PM »

TS ty for all those hugs.. very nice :)

re Mike and barfing etc... it wouldn't surprise me one iota if a good part of that is caused by his wayward eating - ie: potassium is high so eat more chocolate and nuts etc - I mean if you're piling on the crap that you're not taking out enough of is it any wonder your body wants to find other ways to expel it? At the very least, as we all know too well, he's NOT doing himself any favours......

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 07:43:10 AM »

I often ask what it looks like (I know..gross! lol), but I heard that if it is food substance than it is probably from food intake & if it is foamy then it means the person has a lot of fluid build up. Have you heard or know about that? Since 3x a week the vomiting has subsided quite a lot. Before then was when it was everyday. It was a normal part of dialy life and I know it shouldn't have been that bad.

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 11:16:32 AM »

To him it's just "normal"  and actually, that's how our life has become.
I know you're actually talking about your hubby throwing up here, but that aside, isn't it ridiculous that we start to view all the things that happen as 'normal'?  I forget sometimes that some people don't live with my 'normal' and I become surprised when they give me funny looks because they just can't comprehend what I'm wittering on about! 

*huggles* for everyone (because you can never have enough ...)

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »

Yes it is! lol but there is a difference between someone has has REAL issues & tries and does their best. Such as a person in a wheel chair and will never be able to get out. Yet they are optimistic, take care of themselves, and "accept" the situation so they can make the best of it. Now let's compare that to a poor me attitude, non-compliance, going against doctor's orders, I'll do what ever I want and when the crisis finally comes well then, gee it's just on you.

-Lady Noir-

Where's your will to be weird?

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »

Mikes never slept well at night. There are nights when he desn't sleep at all. It's really quite normal for him though, since he was a child [and they assume his kidney failure started wen he was 3 or 4]
Now that he's had his TX, everything has changed, except his sleeping!

Ps. We both have a Mike tex  :P

Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free

..Nik..

Fiancee to Mike
Mikes 'history'....
Born September 12 1983
Seizure July 2003 [Unrelated to kidney]
Diagnosed with 'Polycystic Kidney Disease' July 2003 (Wrong diagnosis)
Diagnosed with  IgA Glomerulonephritis April 2004
On active transplant waiting list 2006
Hyperparathyroidism developed gradually
Parathyroidectomy May 2009 (Affected kidney function)
Hospitalized for hyperkalemia June 2009
Catheter inserted June 2009

Started CAPD June 2009
Stared APD September 2009

ABO Incompatible transplant 01 December 2010
Donor = Mikes father Greg
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »

oopss.... I cut off too early!  Anyway, sometimes our not normal is frustrating because we feel so alone with and like we're not getting any help from our partners at times. At least in my case. Life itself is not normal and I know you know that. Urrgghh.. I get so frazzled with all this i don't even know how to put into words! Let's face it, no one gets it except us involved and they never will. I'm glad we've all got each other. Oh yeah, it's really starting to get on my nerves when people always ask about HIM over and over. Hey! Look, I'm here too. And when they say "Oh, he looks so good" and I just say to myself "lady, if you only knew'. Ok, how'd I just end up getting myself so angry? lol. Time out-I need to hug MYSELF!

texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »

Oh dear,  3 or 4 seems so young. I can't imagine. At Mike's D unit the nurses said that probably the way he would start sleeping again at night is if he got a transplant. I wonder what is exactly is that interefers with the sleeping. A horomone or something. Does anyone know he answer to this? Lady Noir and I really need to know! lol (and others). My home has no real sense of day or night anymore. It's getting crazy. It's all involved in that "normal" thing. The ady/night deal at our home is waaaaaayyyy NOT normal though lol.

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 02:06:17 AM »

all I can say is that I used to sleep pretty well on D. I sleep better post tx, but even when on dialysis I could sleep 8 hours a night without problem. My body usually wanted more of course. So I guess that  is one aspect of "the experience" I was spared. Maybe because my name isn't Mike????:rofl;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »

Haaaaa Richard! Tell that to Joe, Bob & Pete! LOL

looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »

Well, hubby's name isn't Mike either and his sleep patterns have been wacko for years. 

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »

Looney, poor sleep patteren? I'm sure if you investiagte you fins a MIke some where in his lineage lol. Lady Noir and I both agree lol. Hope you having a good weekend!

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »

Oh yeah, it's really starting to get on my nerves when people always ask about HIM over and over. Hey! Look, I'm here too.
It's irksome isn't it?  I do know a couple of people who actually go out of their way now to ask how *I* am rather than Blokey, but I think they just do that for show! 

My Blokey isn't a Mike, but his sleep patterns seem to go in phases.  For eons he can sleep exceptionally well and then suddenly he'll suffer with many nights of ridiculously poor and interrupted sleep. Then, for no apparent reason, he'll start sleeping well again.

*sigh*

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
texasstyle
Elite Member

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 11:26:06 AM »

Let's see, a half good half poor sleeper. Mike just the middle name is Mike lol. And if it's not that there is in "M" in his name somewhere.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »