I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  My dad passed away
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My dad passed away  (Read 7989 times)
Yvonne

Yvonne

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 12:09:35 AM »

:grouphug;
I am so sorry for your loss
Yvonne

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - January Renal failure
2007 - March Diagnosed with a Horseshoe kidney and bladder cancer.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
Earlinda

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I know what pain you are experiencing as my father passed away 5 years ago the 26th of December.

Lots of love being sent your way!!!   :grouphug;
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »

I am sorry to hear of your dads loss. As a previous caregiver there are some things that you can't control. My sympathy to you cant your family. Hug them for me.

Lori/Indiana
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »

phew I think this brings it home for us all just how serious the fluid overload can be and they don't put us on restrictions for the fun of it!

It can be very tough to keep to those restrictions but I know I am doing my body and future life by enduring "pain" (as in not living the way I'd like) for the future "gain"

I am so sorry your father was not compliant and passed away. I guess though it is our own choice how we wish to live. I know another patient who seemingly does not follow the renal/dialysis diet and drinks a fair amount and every time I see him I think he's destined for a unhappy end.. but that's the way he wants to live (in some sort of denial it seems) and well he's got nobody to blame but himself. In the same vein your mother should not blame herself. While she could oversee what he was doing she really couldn't stop him, and he would have been informed of the likely consequences and seriousness of what he was doing time and time again by the staff, docs and you(family)... Maybe he got sick of being told and just wanted to enjoy *something* - who knows? I don't think your mother should shoulder the blame though. As adults we make life choices and decisions every day. He made choices in the way he lived.. your mother is not responsible for that.

I am sorry you all are going through this...

:grouphug;

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »

Losing a parent is always difficult no matter what the situation is.  The diet (especially the fluid restrictions) is what scared me most about dialysis.  I may have ended up in the same boat as your father.  God bless him on his new journey.   :cuddle;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 06:58:20 PM »

I'm really sorry about your father passing away.  I hope your Mom learns that it wasn't her fault in any way and she shouldn't burden herself with the extra guilt.  It will eat away at her soul if she allows it to.

I hope others can learn how detrimental kidney disease can be to the remainder of our bodies and how important it is to be as compliant as possible.

Take care and my best to your family.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
Roxanne610

I just dont know anymore!!!

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 07:23:36 PM »

Just wanted to let you know Im thinking of you and again im sooooooooooooooooo sorry for your loss....

My DAD:
Cirrohsis at 32 from Hepatitis C,,,,50 Liver Failure from Hep C, 52 Liver Transplant, 2000 Lymphoma from Anti Rejection Meds treated and has been fine. 
Present:  Kidney failure from Meds for the liver transplant
Hepatitis C is very very active which is damaging the liver they are worried that he may need a liver transplant to, but until he is strong enough to get the liver biopsy.  And now he is hit with blood infection that he caught in the hospital ( i feel from nurses being not gentle enough with him)....
Started Dialysis Nov 08...Just waiting to see what the miserable Hep C disease is doing to our liver before we can even think about a kidney transplant!!!! :(

Roxanne  :(
My prayers and thoughts are with everyone!!!
idahospud

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 01:38:15 AM »

so very sorry for your loss  :grouphug; :grouphug;
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 11:58:52 AM »

So sorry for your loss  :cuddle; Don't blame yourselves. Your dad was an adult who chose to live life the way he wanted. Nothing you or your mom would have done would have changed that.  :cuddle;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
paul.karen
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »

So So sorry to hear this sad news.

may God bless your father and your family.
 :cuddle; P&K

Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back

Operation for PD placement 7-14-09
Training for cycler 7-28-09

Started home dialysis using Baxter homechoice
8-7-09
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 11:20:10 PM »

My caring thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.  The hardest part of living is dealing with death.  I pray that the good memories will supersede everything else.   :grouphug;

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »