I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 04:20:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I hate my President
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate my President  (Read 6858 times)
George Jung

« on: June 20, 2007, 09:18:05 AM »

I can't stand this A-hole.  What is he doing for the people he is representing?  Sure as heck doesn't represent me.

Bush to veto stem cell bill today
AP - 58 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - President Bush has chosen to use his veto pen three times — twice on the stem cell issue where politics, ethics and science collide. Pushing back against the Democratic-led Congress, Bush plans to veto a bill Wednesday that would have eased restraints on federally funded embryonic stem cell research, White House spokesman Tony Fratto said.

EDITED: Thread moved to back to "General discussion"-kitkatz,moderator
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 08:46:41 PM by kitkatz » Logged
tweetykiss

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »

I can't stand this A-hole.  What is he doing for the people he is representing?  Sure as heck doesn't represent me.

AP - 58 minutes ago
WASHINGTON - President Bush has chosen to use his veto pen three times — twice on the stem cell issue where politics, ethics and science collide. Pushing back against the Democratic-led Congress, Bush plans to veto a bill Wednesday that would have eased restraints on federally funded embryonic stem cell research, White House spokesman Tony Fratto said.

The one percent of respect that I had left for him is now gone because of this.....

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
LightLizard

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:49 AM »

i saw an interview with the author Gore Vidal, and he stated that he believed that Bush would become the most hated president in history. a well-deserved title, i'd say. i feel for the american people, and the rest of the world he is and has decimated with his moronic stupidity.
tweetykiss

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »

Him and Clinton both....they are two of a kind.....

stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:45:25 AM »

When  you block life-saving medical advances for realpeople who will die without them, just for the sake of preserving stem cells which may potentially be people some day, you murder real people to preserve potential people, which is a foolish trade-off to make if you value human life.  If you paid someone to transplant an oak tree onto your front lawn and he brought you an acorn, telling you that someday that would become an oak tree, you would refuse to pay him.  What is only potentially X is not X and does not have the same value and rights as X!  If blocking potential life is murder, then my two meddling old aunts who interfered with and prevented my cousin from marrying her boyfriend and having a family with him are abortionists and murderers!

Why are Republicans so stupid while Democrats are so smart?  Just compare Rondald Reagan, Dan Quayle, and George Bush II with Jimmy Carter (Annapolis graduate, nuclear submarine commander, and author), Bill Clinton (Yale Law School graduate, Oxford graduate, and Rhodes scholar), Al Gore (Harvard Law School graduate) and Hilary Clinton (Yale Law School graduate and valedictorian of her undergraduate univeristy, Wellesley).  It has to make you woner.
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 10:47:10 AM »

He's only veto'ing embryonic stem cell research, right? 

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
tweetykiss

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 11:17:33 AM »

Yeah that is all he ever accomplished in the Oval Office.....the war and now this.......

livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »

Yeah that is all he ever accomplished in the Oval Office.....the war and now this.......

Oh are you forgetting amnesty for 12-20 million illegal aliens? 

Yes, our dear President wants that as his legacy. 

Do you think you are getting Social Security after you retire?   The Social Security payout alone to the illegals Bush wants to become your legal neighbors is estimated to run about two trillion, 600 billion dollars by 2040.

There are so many reasons to love this dear man and his party.

The next President whoever he or she may be will definetly not be a Republican.
st789

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 12:54:21 PM »

We went from Clinton to Bush.

What an upgrade or should I say downgrade.
George Jung

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »

Is it his morals?  Is it morally okay to take life and to put life at risk in a war but immoral to prevent research which could very possibly help with kidney disease and other illnesses?  What kind of logic is this jack off using?  Health care and the well being of it's country's citizens should be number one priority for any leader.  If you do not have the people to follow there can be no leaders.  Let's put a stop to this science, I mean hell............  where has it gotton us anyhow?  Guess I will continue with my treatments and wait for the next president of the United States say it's okay to let medical science look for a way to keep people off of dialysis and avoid transplantation.
Chicken Little

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 01:28:43 PM »

I've never liked Michael Moore, but I laugh every time that Sicko commercial comes on and our fearless leader spouts, "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."    :o

:rofl;  What an idiot.
tweetykiss

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

Oh are you forgetting amnesty for 12-20 million illegal aliens? 

Yes, our dear President wants that as his legacy. 

Do you think you are getting Social Security after you retire?   The Social Security payout alone to the illegals Bush wants to become your legal neighbors is estimated to run about two trillion, 600 billion dollars by 2040.

There are so many reasons to love this dear man and his party.

The next President whoever he or she may be will definetly not be a Republican.

Thanks for reminding me that not only he keeps illegals here but that there will be no social security when I retire so let me be a bum on the street when the illegals are living in a mansion since they will have social security since obviously not only they get the first pick on jobs (well after all the companies don't have to pay them much so why in the blazes hire a US citizen or someone who came here legally), and then they get all the benes of living here while we are the ones paying the taxes........

Yes, this and the war is really what he wants people to remember him by and let us not forget he never did anything with Katrina.....

tweetykiss

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »

We went from Clinton to Bush.

What an upgrade or should I say downgrade.

Let's just say it is like the hoverboard those two ride......

BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 05:23:16 PM »

AP - 58 minutes ago

As of 2004 at least there was over 20 years of study using embryonic stem cells and not one cure had been found with them.  All cures had come from the use of adult stem cells.

That track record speaks for itself.  Otherwise considering the huge amount of profit that could be realized, big business would be dumping their money into that line of stem cells overseas where research could continue unabated.
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 11:48:03 PM »

This thread, got me thinkin about Pinks new song Dear Mr President

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDJ3cuXKV4

i think that sums him up pretty well.

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 01:27:26 AM »

This thread, got me thinkin about Pinks new song Dear Mr President

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDJ3cuXKV4

i think that sums him up pretty well.

Great song.   :boxing;

I would gladly donate eggs for stem cell research. I have two children that need improvement in the treatment of renal disease. I would do anything to have this nightmare STOP with me.

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
George Jung

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 06:45:26 AM »

I would appreciate it if this topic would be moved back to it's appropriate location in the "general discussion" or the "articles" section.  It is clearly about renal failure and talk about dialysis and transplantation is intended.  Just because there is a political tone does not make it an off topic posting.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 07:40:45 AM »

This article was printed in 2005 in NewsMax Magizine-there are many many published opinions from scientists that agree. Seems to make the embryonic debate pointless. They are already getting the results you want and need using adult stem cells- using embryos is, in fact, not as effective. Make sure you read the end of the article.

Scientists at Australia's Griffith University have engineered a breakthrough in the field of adult stem cell research that's so significant, say experts, that it could render the debate over embryonic stem cell research moot.

The results of the four-year research project showed that olfactory stem cells can be turned into heart cells, brain cells, nerve cells – indeed, almost any kind of cell in the body – without the problems of rejection or tumors forming, a common side effect with embryonic stem cells.

The poorly funded Griffith University team – which conducted its research with a mere $200,000 in grants – appears to have found a direct and non-controversial alternative to the use of stem cells derived from leftover embryos created during fertility treatment, reported the Australian newspaper.

"Our experiments have shown adult stem cells isolated from the olfactory mucosa have the ability to develop into many different cell types if they are given the right chemical or cellular environment," research team leader Alan Mackay-Sim told the paper.

Mackay-Sim's team of scientists managed to grow nerve cells, glial cells, liver cells, heart cells and muscle cells from cells harvested from the human nose.

The breakthrough, first announced two months ago, has been largely ignored by the U.S. media, which has focused on embryonic stem cell research as the only option to cure debilitating ailments like Hodgkin's, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease.

As a result of the lopsided press coverage, California voters passed a $6 billion referendum to fund embryonic stem cell research last November, with similar programs proposed around the U.S. - though embryonic stem cell research has yet to show any significant medical progress.

In Australia, however, the medical community is excited over Mackay-Sim's adult stem cell breakthrough.

Brisbane neurologist Peter Silburn, a member of Australia's National Health and Medical Research Council, said the fact that researchers have been able to take adult stem cells from patients with Parkinson's disease and turn them into neurons shows great promise.

"We can now learn about the condition in ways we never could before," Silburn told the Australian.

Unlike embryonic stem cells, which reportedly can trigger tumors in one in five cases at the point of injection, adult stem cells grow in a controlled fashion and don't revert to their original tissue form.

Another significant benefit: Because adult stem cells can be harvested from the patient, there's no risk of the body rejecting them as alien, eliminating the need for immune system-suppressing drugs.

Still, two months after Australia's adult stem cell breakthrough was first announced, it has played little or no role in the ongoing U.S. debate over government funding for embryonic stem cell research.

"One of the complicating factors is that a lot of people have a lot of money tied up in embryonic stem cells," noted Australia's Catholic Archbishop George Pell, who helped secure funding for the Mackay-Sim project.

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »

I would appreciate it if this topic would be moved back to it's appropriate location in the "general discussion" or the "articles" section.  It is clearly about renal failure and talk about dialysis and transplantation is intended.  Just because there is a political tone does not make it an off topic posting.

However it is not on the topic of dialysis treatment. It is a side bar conversation about stem cell research and the president.

kitkatz,moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
George Jung

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 08:44:02 PM »

However it is not on the topic of dialysis treatment. It is a side bar conversation about stem cell research and the president.
kitkatz,moderator

However, if you read just under the "off-topic" heading it is clearly stated that if your post has the word "dialysis" in it, then it does not belong here.  Here it is ...........

"Talk about anything here that's not about Dialysis. Keep it clean please. If you want to debate a off-topic subject, this is the place for you. If your post has the word "Dialysis" in it, then it does not belong here."
George Jung

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 05:48:34 AM »

We are not going to move every post because 9 posts into a thread someone says the word Dialysis. Kitkatz is right to have moved this thread because the original intent of this thread had nothing to do with Dialysis. I suppose it could be moved to this location: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0.

Sluff/ Admin

Well I should know what the original intent was.  I did start the post it in the general discussion section.  The stem cell research has a direct relationship to renal failure which affects all of it's treatments, and that was the intended discussion. 

It is and was my understanding that Epoman wants to keep the "off-topic" section free of ANY dialysis discussion.  Am I wrong?

I see no reason why it couldn't go here ..... http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 10:29:25 AM »

Topic moved back to general discussion area per admin request. Sorry for the mix-up.

kitkatz,moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »