I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:17:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  i've been violated!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: i've been violated!  (Read 5224 times)
keefer51

« on: June 08, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »

I have to rant i hope y'all don't mind. I go to dialysis today my normal time. I had to wait around fifteen minutes for a chair. My fistula is in my left arm so they put me in a chair where the machine is on my right. I am also against the wall. The nurse or tech has to move this chair at a weird angle. The tech who stuck me has only been successful once or twice in 2 years. So she puts the first needle which goes down a little to high. The second needle which goes up she puts in but it is in the wrong spot nfg! She started to twist and turn it but it didn't work. She kept it in and called a nurse. The nurse twisted and turned it but only for a minute she could see i was going to pass out from the pain. When she pulled the needle a clot came out. She put another needle in and it seemed OK. she hooked me up and started the machine. I screamed my arm blew up like a golf ball. She in infiltrated me. Another tech came over with ice and applied pressure. That hurt like hell. So they wait and decide to pull both needles. Once i hold the sites and still in bad pain. They say; "Take a few aspirin and come back in the morning." wtf!!!!!!!

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
LightLizard

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 02:15:56 PM »

man! that sounds like it's time fer an ass-whippin!!
where'd they get these people? do they know they're dealing with humans?
hopefully, that's as bad as it can get for you. but i hope you can find someone to hear this that can talk some sense into these brutes!

love

~LL~
Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:21:49 PM »

I have to rant i hope y'all don't mind. I go to dialysis today my normal time. I had to wait around fifteen minutes for a chair. My fistula is in my left arm so they put me in a chair where the machine is on my right. I am also against the wall. The nurse or tech has to move this chair at a weird angle. The tech who stuck me has only been successful once or twice in 2 years. So she puts the first needle which goes down a little to high. The second needle which goes up she puts in but it is in the wrong spot nfg! She started to twist and turn it but it didn't work. She kept it in and called a nurse. The nurse twisted and turned it but only for a minute she could see i was going to pass out from the pain. When she pulled the needle a clot came out. She put another needle in and it seemed OK. she hooked me up and started the machine. I screamed my arm blew up like a golf ball. She in infiltrated me. Another tech came over with ice and applied pressure. That hurt like hell. So they wait and decide to pull both needles. Once i hold the sites and still in bad pain. They say; "Take a few aspirin and come back in the morning." wtf!!!!!!!

keefer that sounds so #@*! painful. Whats the mater with them DAMN!! :rant;  Dumb-asses..
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 03:15:25 PM »

Not very compassionate people!!  Infiltrations happen sometimes but if that person has had trouble needling you should not have even tried.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 03:47:14 PM »

Awww Keefer, sorry that had to happen to you, you take care buddy  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
st789

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »

WTF............damn....

Feel your pain Keefer51.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »

God, All I can think of is ...how to plot your revenge.
I believe that each incident needs to be reported to whoever the hell is in charge.   :banghead;   :banghead;   :banghead;
Some techs should just find another line of work!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »

hey kieth can't believe your bad luck are you doing buttonhole if so do they use blunts  hope things go better next time take care

cheers charee

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
keefer51

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 05:28:10 PM »

I have been putting on ice and the pain is not as bad. The tech who started the whole thing felt nervous and should have never tried. Believe it or not they made some changes and promoted some people. As i was leaving i was handed a letter. On it said the nurse that inflitrated me was going to be the new manager! Thank you all for your kind words if i couldn't rant on this site i don't know what i would do. No one else really understands. My fistula is a rare one according to the experts. It starts at the crease of my arm and continues up and under my arm. The first one isn't hard the second they have to feel for and then it's a guessing game. I have to twist my arm in a way that is most uncomfortable. Charee, I thought of you as soon as it happened. My God charee would be so pissed she would scream.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 05:48:27 PM »

Charee, I thought of you as soon as it happened. My God charee would be so pissed she would scream.

scream kick and cry !

Home Hemo  18 months
from my beautiful sister

Live donors rock
Duane

I'm glad to be here.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 05:55:44 PM »

Some may say I feel your pain. I say i don't want to feel your pain :grouphug;

infiltration, well that will happen and knowone wants to see that day, yet when it comes, o' boy brace yourself.

upper inner arm fistula, hear nothing but bad and pain about this spot

thinking back to the beginning the surgeon gave me a choice, upper or lower arm, etc, asked to explain pros and cons of all acceptable placements, from my wrist to forearm seemed best location for me and turned out to be the right choice for me so far.

thanks for sharing your experience with us, it helped me a great deal.

1 Corinthians 9:24  In a race, everyone runs but only one person gets first prize. So run your race to win.
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 05:57:33 PM »

:rant;  Keefer you are NOT a test dummy. Don't let that Tech near you again and put a complaint in.     :boxing;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
keefer51

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 06:06:04 PM »

Charee, Thanks, About the button hole. I have asked them about that but i really have a feeling they don't communicate with each other. I don't think they even know what a blunt is. Everytime i get a tech or nurse they always say the same thing "Now where are we sticking you?" so i show them but they always go someplace different. I don't know why. I have to tell you my friend i don't trust any body there. I did have to laugh when you mentioed a blunt. The only blunt i know are the ones the kids buy and cut open and put pot in! Now if they would offer me that when they are hittting the nerve with each stick i wouldn't mind!

charee
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »

lol  haven't heard of that being a blunt.. the reason i ask about buttonhole is that my pain has got better using blunts with sharps it was everytime now its every second or third time on..

Home Hemo  18 months
from my beautiful sister

Live donors rock
tweetykiss

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »

I actually feel this pain......now I am just learning what a fistula is and what is graft is and if not for this site, I would not know all this....you are not a geuani pig (misspelled) and I sure would not let that tech near you again.....I think you should file a complaint...I also don't think you should have missed a session since you need them....now do you have an appointment for tomorrow?

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »

Oh keefer! I feel your pain!  I hate it when they screw up sticking the arm. After all, it is you gets to go home and be miserable not the person who did it to you!  I agree, someone neeeds some whoop-ass put upon them next time you go in!  Do you want to borrow my big stick?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 12:05:45 AM »

Hey Kieth Just wondering how they went at your next session hope it went ok  :2thumbsup;

Cheers Charee

Home Hemo  18 months
from my beautiful sister

Live donors rock
keefer51

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 08:06:57 PM »

On Saturday i went back to dialysis and everything went on with out any problems. No problems today either. If i see the tech who hurt me i will take two pieces and wood and make them into a cross and say; "Be gone Satan"

tweetykiss

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 08:52:52 PM »

On Saturday i went back to dialysis and everything went on with out any problems. No problems today either. If i see the tech who hurt me i will take two pieces and wood and make them into a cross and say; "Be gone Satan"

Yeah.....there you go, I like that....

brenda

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 09:03:38 PM »

Glad everthing went good. That really sucks when stuff  like that happens. Maybe you should consider learning to needle yourself. I found it's way less painfull and way less aggravation.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
keefer51

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 02:29:43 AM »

Brenda, I think that the day when i do that is getting closer. I am getting over my fear for now. Thanks.

tweetykiss

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 12:00:29 PM »

Brenda, I think that the day when i do that is getting closer. I am getting over my fear for now. Thanks.

That will be great since you won't risk them messing up....

larry781

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 11:42:46 PM »

If someone at your center isn't doing it for you (or in your case IS doing it TO you), tell the charge nurse to work out a solution. There is one nurse at my center who would just not ever get it right, at least with me. She would let the needle "float", sometimes they would actually float all the way to a 45 degree angle. So one day after rinse back, I took the charge nurse aside and told her that I like this nurse, but she is not sticking me ever again. She never has.

Remember, it's your body and you are the boss when it comes to making decisions about it.

Larry from Long Island

"You want to stick WHAT in my arm?!?"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »