I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:34:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Games/contests in your unit???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Games/contests in your unit???  (Read 2230 times)
devlinswife

« on: November 28, 2006, 03:20:38 PM »

I was wondering if any of your dialysis units have contests or games for you to do? Like before I started they had a contest at my unit to try to get the lowest phosphorous levels the winners received gift certificates for a local grocery store. I've heard of Bingos, but am not quite sure how they do them. Can you guys give me any ideas on things to not only pass the time, but to better our health, and get people interested in their health, and other people in their unit? Thanks in advance-----Rebecca

Live each day as if it will be your last!
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 07:12:38 PM »

Well my unit had a "Melbourne Cup Sweep" for the horse race that "stops a nation" (well, here anyway). I got in too late and missed out on a horse selection I was most unhappy.

Actually the funniest part of this was when the race was on at 3pm ALL the nurses and staff rushed to a TV to watch the race and they were all screaming and yelling for their horses - it was the funniest thing to watch (luckily nobody alarmed or anything during the race :) ).

I understand a paitent won!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:21:34 PM »

we played bingo once.  i missed out on that.  im trying to get them to do it again.   :banghead;  not working
they have several hand held games.
when tonya and i had our chest catheters one of the nurses brought us coloring books.  LOL   i actually liked coloring.   ;)

the dietician made a little bet with me and tonya.  said if we both have our phosphorus under control the same week she would bring us extra treats.  that was about a month ago....sadly to say...no such luck, i cant seem to do it.   :'(

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »