I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:21:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Graft Surgery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graft Surgery  (Read 1678 times)
angellady07

« on: June 19, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »

I'll be having graft surgery on the 26th.My GFR right now is 12.I've been doing quite a bit of research but it's not the same as living this illness.I'm concerned about general anesthesia because I'm experiencing frequent nausea.I may opt for a nerve block although, my surgeon is against it.I'm feeling pretty miserable right now.I walk a couple of blocks and it feels like a marathon.Fluid retention is the pits too.I know this sounds crazy but I'm almost looking forward to dialysis.Hopefully,I'll feel better.Thanks again for being here.I love this board.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:44:45 AM »

Angellady, by any chance were you given the choice of doing PD?  they will still have to do the surgery but it would be to place a catheter in your stomach.  I am sure if you let the anesthesiologist know of your nausea, they can do something about that.  Take care and please keep us posted.  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angellady07

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 08:29:56 AM »

Thanks for the question.I was told PD was not a good choice for me too many exchanges too complicated for me to adjust to.Dialysis equipment would take up too much space.I really think the docs push hemo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »