I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 11:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Establishing Buttonholes, finally getting our way
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Establishing Buttonholes, finally getting our way  (Read 1799 times)
silverhead

« on: June 09, 2007, 08:54:16 PM »

Sharon is still on the "plan" to start NxStage training on the 7th of July, as part of it she is supposed to establish 2 each entry sites (arterial and venous) this makes sense to us cause you can alternate sights each day, she has a really good working  fistula on the lower arm for arterial and another on the upper arm for venous, but as she is now on 3x weekly dialysis it makes no sense to us to try for 4 sights right now because each sight will only be used each 4 days, not enough time to establish a good working buttonhole at each, so last night the Neph came in and we voiced our concerns and he agreed and ordered that the best looking sights be used from now on, until they are working good, then when we get on the NxStage at 5 to 6 days a week it makes sense to work on the other 2 sights, anyway, does this sound right to you folks?

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 08:09:13 PM »

Rob wanted to establish button holes with his center before he started Nx Stage training, but his nurses weren't comfortable with it.  They said that because he doesn't get the same nurse or tech each time, it is hard for them to gauge where to go.

This past week Rob has had issues with his fistula and had to go in-center for his treatment (his on-call nurses were both on vacation,  >:(, that's a whole other story).  The nurses/techs were not comfortable using his button hole access because they weren't familiar with him and his access (new center due to the Nx Stage).  So, his arm looks like a battlefield once again.

Hopefully Sharon's center is different and can start this before the Nx Stage training.  It will definitely help.

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 05:11:43 AM »

Just for you...http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=965.0
keefer51

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:36:47 AM »

i was curious about button hole. But when i brought it up they didn't want to go that way. I got the feeling that they weren't interested. It would help me out a great deal. I think i should really push the idea a little more.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »