I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 07:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Switch off your machines
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Switch off your machines  (Read 2219 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: June 16, 2007, 10:48:29 AM »

Yup thats all you need to do and come over to where i live. We are all going to be healed! I just got a flyer through my door inviting me to a nearby church , where next weekend a guy is going to be praying for us all and healing us all, its seems he can cure most things including the kidneys! (not bad for a guy who claims he was a heroin addict for 12 yrs) WHY oh WHY  do people do this ? Offering hope to the most vunerable , its borderline cruel. He isnt charging for this service , but i fully expect a catch somewhere. If he is so good, then modern medicine is a waste of time , we only need an ex-junkie.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
larry781

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 11:25:47 AM »

Unfortunately, this type of thing is motivated by nothing more than profit.

"You want to stick WHAT in my arm?!?"
tweetykiss

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 12:03:13 PM »

Yeah leave it to the dope addicts, dope dealsers and pollyanna peeps do the CURE ALL.....then life would have no problems and there would be no wars and no poverty and no starvation and while we are at it, let's not forget global warming as well as natural disasters like tsunamis and Hurricanes (especially Katrina).......now wouldn't that just be naaaz if THOSE people can solve all our problems....I am not even worried about the FREE part since everything has a price tag on it.........

*sarcasm and another vent post since those types of people sicken me to all ends of Earth*

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »

I am most definitely a man of faith, but these "faith healing" services really bother me. Apparently these "healers" and the people who support them don't seem to realize that God gave us modern medicine and medical technology. I thank God all the time for the wisdom and knowledge He gave doctors. I have a friend who is a strong supporter of faith healing, and she has said that I shouldn't listen to doctors and I should even stop my dialysis. She was kind of upset when I told her that because I'm using a dialysis machine doesn't make me any less of a Christian. We're still friends, but I've basically told her to not mention the idea of me stopping my treatment. All that being said, I do agree that God can perform medical miracles, but He isn't going to do that if we just stop our treatment just because some one told us to.

Adam

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 05:16:38 PM »

Yup thats all you need to do and come over to where i live. We are all going to be healed! I just got a flyer through my door inviting me to a nearby church , where next weekend a guy is going to be praying for us all and healing us all, its seems he can cure most things including the kidneys! (not bad for a guy who claims he was a heroin addict for 12 yrs) WHY oh WHY  do people do this ? Offering hope to the most vunerable , its borderline cruel. He isnt charging for this service , but i fully expect a catch somewhere. If he is so good, then modern medicine is a waste of time , we only need an ex-junkie.

Ever watch that guy Benny Hinn?  (I almost wrote Benny Hill) What a scam artist!  People give them millions and millions though.  I don't know--I do believe faith can heal you and I believe in miracles.  Maybe it's like a placebo to some people.
You need something to believe in and if it helps your mind and soul to pray for a healing then I guess it's okay but realize that God doesn't answer every prayer the way you want him to, he has his own plans for you.

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »