I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Christmas letters?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas letters?  (Read 3930 times)
Nan

« on: November 30, 2006, 09:20:19 PM »

I have never sent out a Christmas letter in my cards, but this year has brought such new changes to my life, with ESRF, dialysis and being put on the transplant list.  There are many people, mostly those who live out of town, that I have not told about my new life style.  I would rather send out a short letter than spend such a lengthy time writing in each card.  But here is my problem....I don't want it to sound "waa waa"...poor me. I am a person with a good sense of humor and would like to use some "light humor" in telling a short story. How about it guys....got any good suggestions for me?!  Happy Holidays!

No matter how your heart is grieving....as long as you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true!
Diagnosed with PKD in 1994
Started HEMO dialysis June 2006
Started Home Dialysis on cycler February 2007
Had Live donor transplant February 2008
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:18:31 PM »

I think you should take your cue from kitkatz- "The Adventures of Dialysis Woman and Her Quest for a Kidney..."   :D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:22:32 AM »

LOL.  Dilaysis Woman is going to steal that line for her Christmas Card this year!

I usually silip in a letter to tell peopl ehow nuts things have been in my life for the year.  I think people like a well written humerous letter to keep up with your family and the doings.  Besides if it sucks we can always make fun of it. LOL

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 08:21:23 AM »

I have a friend who does this every year at Christmas time. I think you have to have a way with words and some kind of writing ability to make people really feel and share your thoughts. This friend of mine is very good at that.  I could not write like that without people questioning what I'm trying to say.

People like things to sorta be in a story format where my writing is like just facts with no real story line. Hope you know what I mean. this answer is a good example of how not to write a Christmas letter.  :-\ ;)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 09:43:55 AM »

You could say " the bad news is that I am on dialysis; the good news is I have made some nice friends on ihatedialysis.com!"

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 12:10:26 PM »

Greetings! 

I hope you all are having a great Holiday Season.  Here's a short letter about my families goings on in the past year.
My son Ronald has moved out of our house into his own place.  It's small but he has wonderful roommate named Bubba and he should be coming home in about 18 months (with good behavior, of course).  My daughter Emily has just had a new edition to her family!  This is number 7 for her and I'm sure she'll have a wonderful Christmas with all her babies daddies around sharing Christmas cheer.  Grampa and Grandma are doing great, they just got back from the annual Harley Biker Fest where they showed those youngens a thing or two about riding a hog!  Grandma just loves to show off her new boob job  :o in those tight little leather biker vests.  We're so proud of her!
Cousin Joe just got back from his honeymoon with his new wife Anthony.  They make such a cute couple!  Not that there's anything wrong with that... :2thumbsup;
And me?  Well, I'm still on dialysis.  I just love going!  It really brightens up my whole day!  I feel so energized and refreshed when I'm done!  I have been known to leave dialysis doing handsprings and backflips!   :clap;

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 01:01:03 PM »

Greetings! 

My daughter Emily has just had a new edition to her family!  This is number 7 for her and I'm sure she'll have a wonderful Christmas with all her babies daddies around sharing Christmas cheer. 
Donna

As your grandchildren sit around the christmas tree singing " we're a rainbow of gods children"  >:D :rofl; shame on me. I hope you see the humor.
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 01:06:15 PM »

Greetings! 

My daughter Emily has just had a new edition to her family!  This is number 7 for her and I'm sure she'll have a wonderful Christmas with all her babies daddies around sharing Christmas cheer. 
Donna

As your grandchildren sit around the christmas tree singing " we're a rainbow of gods children"  >:D :rofl; shame on me. I hope you see the humor.

I sure do!   >:D   ;)

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 07:31:02 PM »

:bump;

Just curious if anyone recieved any letters this season.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 07:53:38 PM »

I wrote one. It was almost six pages long and covered half of our year.  Teehee!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 08:07:24 PM »

I received 2 this year. Ones that I normally receive.
One is always good and I enjoy reading it.
The other is like a bad news letter.  Every year it is full of the bad news
stuff that happened the past year.  I always read it but never look forward
to it.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 08:58:23 PM »

My Mom's family does a Family Journal that everyone is supposed to write into to update the family on how they are doing.  It reads like who's who of the jet set.  I am just the poor broke relative who struggles along.  They are on vacations to here and there and life is good for everyone.  I think I shocked them with a six page reality check this year!

lifenotonthelist.com

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 09:00:05 PM »

My Mom's family does a Family Journal that everyone is supposed to write into to update the family on how they are doing.  It reads like who's who of the jet set.  I am just the poor broke relative who struggles along.  They are on vacations to here and there and life is good for everyone.  I think I shocked them with a six page reality check this year!

Maybe it's about time, but wait and see you probably won't hear from them for awhile.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »