I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2024, 03:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello der
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello der  (Read 5015 times)
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »

I don't think you're a screwy old lady Mimi.  One neat thing about the internet is no one knows your age unless you tell it and as for screwy, well you just fit right in with the rest of us here.   :cuddle;    :rofl;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
southyard

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 08:24:56 AM »

:flower;

I guss it time I added more about myself, I am he last in my family thats a full blooded BOHEMIAN. Grands and/or great grands came fom Bohemia. 

I have been called honky, bohunk, gypsy bohemian jew amongst others during my life time.  None of these ever got under my skin tho.  I have been married 3 times the last since 9/6/1969  a very good marraige  SHe is taking all this in stride(at least on the outside)but I know she is not 100% happy with it.  She shows it when we talk of things we used to do.

Number 2 wife was taken from me by the LORD#1 decided that a close friend was more appealing even to the fact she broke up his home.  He could not get a divorice being catholic and she had trerminal cancer.  They wedded and both passed on in 1968 3 weeks apart

Each wife gave me a child 2 daughters and a son.  All 3 know my feelings and future and will abide by what I do. After this thanksgiving  my 85th BD I will make my final decision.  Dont know yet what it will be but it will be permenant
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 11:49:54 AM »

Southyard, sounds like you have had a fascinating life.  And you have survived many difficulties.  It must be the bohemian heritage that gives you great strength.  Keep posting, I am enjoying hearing about your life.    :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 03:17:26 PM »

Welcome Southyard.  I love your pics I have seen in other threads on the site.  I hope I am as brave as you are right now at the age of 84. 

kitkatz,moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 06:10:27 PM »

a belated hello from me!  :welcomesign;

Interesting, you being a Bohemian.  I'd like to know more about that - cultural traditions, food, etc.

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
southyard

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 10:57:35 PM »

Welcome Southyard.  I love your pics I have seen in other threads on the site.  I hope I am as brave as you are right now at the age of 84. 

kitkatz,moderator

Its not that I am brave, but realize what I desire out of life and can no longer attain. My need for dailysis was one big kick in the butt. It was one thing I never thought I would be involved in. I was the strong on

Thanks for your concerns.
southyard

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »

a belated hello from me!  :welcomesign;

Interesting, you being a Bohemian.  I'd like to know more about that - cultural traditions, food, etc.

about 25-30 years ago Honky was a favorite sying for the colored folk One day on the job the colored laborer called me a HONKY. I came down off the ladder and asked to shake his hand for knowing I was a Bohemian.  We had a very good chat about it and he stated he never had heard of the nationality.  He was not a very literate peron and I explained that maybe he should take some classes to understand where the various terms came from.. On my last job he was the laborer foreman.  He said what I told him changed his life. He needed more than a GED to move on.  We all need to be prodded at one time or other

I personally would not have gotten to where I am had I not been forced to listen to my mother. SHe would not let me quit school, and during those years we listened and obeyed parents
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »

What a great anecdote southyard.  I got a real chill reading about the lesson and the prodding.  Very cool. :thumbup; 

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 06:01:06 PM »

Southyard - you sound like my father! "Work hard and you'll get far!"   :flower;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »