I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:09:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  How is the weather situation treating you?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How is the weather situation treating you?  (Read 5763 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« on: August 03, 2006, 02:08:48 PM »

We just had the threat of a tropical storm.  It is named Chris, and since that is my grandson's name we were looking for a lot of action.  All we got was some rain during the night.  Guess it wasn't my Chris ;D.
What I really want to find out is how this heat that I have been hearing about is treating you guys in the US.  And what is the weather like in Canada, in Australia, in Britain, and in Brazil?  And wherever else we have members.
Those in the heat wave, what are you doing to deal with it?  On TV I saw people putting their faces in icecream!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 02:44:08 PM »

Doesn't bother me here.  Every year it gets hot here for several weeks in the summer.  90's-100+   Soon enough winter will come and it will hit the streak of -30, thats bearable until the wind blows.   ;D
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 03:27:58 PM »

We had broken a record here in SouthWestern Ontario (Eastern Canada) this week. Finally today the "cold front" came ;) We are finally out of the high 30's/high 90's! Phew!!!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Mom3

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 06:23:23 PM »

Being fifty plus and having lived here (SC USA upstate) as a child, I know the weather has changed! It got hot in the middle of the day when I was a kid but it would be cool in the evenings. Now the nights are a lot hotter and it doesn't ever really cool off to be cool at night-- or rarely.

If you have air and you are able to stay inside it is not awful, though it may not cool down lower than 78 or 80. It is livable. If you have to be outside it is hard. Our dog doesn't even want to walk! It feels really weird for this to be the start of school. I'm sorry this is MID summer and it is too early to be starting school. Plus a waste of tax money. Those buildings will cost a fortune to cool and if the air goes out...THAT will be truly miserable.

My hope is that we don't brown out and lose dialysis clinic time!

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
sandman

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 07:52:40 PM »

We had broken a record here in SouthWestern Ontario (Eastern Canada) this week. Finally today the "cold front" came ;) We are finally out of the high 30's/high 90's! Phew!!!

Still no relief here in Philadelphia.  It's been in the mid 80's ( night ) to low 100's ( day ) here.  And that's not including the heat index from the unusually high humidity!  We have broken all time high temps here for the past 3 days and the news channels keep saying relief is on the way.  I CAN'T WAIT because that so-called "relief" is past do and it's still cooking here!
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 02:09:14 AM »

Well we are nearly at the end of our winter, its been pretty good some days are like spring 17 but we have had a few weeks of frosts - 4 mornings with 9 during the day . Not that I 'm complaining summer is just around the corner and we are still in drought so its not looking real great , back on water restrictions and very hot days 40+

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 03:33:52 AM »

Well we are nearly at the end of our winter, its been pretty good some days are like spring 17 but we have had a few weeks of frosts - 4 mornings with 9 during the day . Not that I 'm complaining summer is just around the corner and we are still in drought so its not looking real great , back on water restrictions and very hot days 40+
Just a note for you farenheit users.  40ºC = 104ºF

N.B. There is an excellent website which does all kinds of conversions for you.  It is one of my favourite bookmarks.  It is www.onlineconversions.com

[will the US ever go metric?]

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 04:40:39 AM »

Here where i live it has cooled down ALOT, thank God too.  We had record breaking temps of up to 115 and a electricity bill of $500.00,  Yah, i know, lol,   It has since cooled down a bit, we've been in the high 90's so it is a little more bearable.  Needless to say i do not run my a/c anymore unless extremely necessary (or we have company) anyone want to come and visit??

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Angel1954

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 07:08:11 AM »

The weathe here in Wv is so hot the last week its unbearable to me.But they say a cool front is coming in so we will see.

Kathy

LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND ALWAYS LOVE YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.
MY DAUHGTERS FIRST BABY BORN JULY 6,2006 6LBS 5 OZ 17INCHES LONG. NAMED LEVI SCOTT CONDARD JR.
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 06:24:46 PM »

Just a note for you Fahrenheit users.  40ºC = 104ºF

N.B. There is an excellent website which does all kinds of conversions for you.  It is one of my favourite bookmarks.  It is www.onlineconversions.com

[will the US ever go metric?]

Thanks  for that Bajanne

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 06:56:11 PM »

This heat wave has been a killer for me. BUT, The days at the clinic, I freeze to the bone, blanket and all. Never a happy medium  ::)

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 07:06:07 PM »

Life just ain't a beach, huh!

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 08:55:29 AM »

117 degrees out here in sunny Southern California, but this past week it cooled off into the lower 90s for awhile.  It was so hot out here it was actually melting pavement is some places.  117 just makes you hot no matter where you are.  At the dialysis center,which is usually set a freezer levels, the air could not keep up with the heat.  They had fans going in the unit.  Even I was hot.  I am hardly ever hot under my thick blanket when on the machine.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Angel1954

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 02:45:47 PM »

Today in West Virginia it was still Little bit hot to me but to other people it was really hot i know it was nice yesterday the humidity wasn't so bad so who knows i hope it will be over with soon and fall gets here soon then we will all complain about the bad winter weather we are having.

Kathy

LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND ALWAYS LOVE YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.
MY DAUHGTERS FIRST BABY BORN JULY 6,2006 6LBS 5 OZ 17INCHES LONG. NAMED LEVI SCOTT CONDARD JR.
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 04:38:42 AM »

We just had the threat of a tropical storm. It is named Chris, and since that is my grandson's name we were looking for a lot of action. All we got was some rain during the night. Guess it wasn't my Chris ;D.
What I really want to find out is how this heat that I have been hearing about is treating you guys in the US. And what is the weather like in Canada, in Australia, in Britain, and in Brazil? And wherever else we have members.
Those in the heat wave, what are you doing to deal with it? On TV I saw people putting their faces in icecream!!

Just reporting in for Australia, I live in Melbourne and we have pretty much had a normal winter for us, the mornings are cold, getting frosty and foggy but then turning out to be alright days. Today was 19 degrees Celsius (66.2 F).

I hate winter,it is so depressing-Roll on Summer!!!!!

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »