I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:45:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  NO its not fluid
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NO its not fluid  (Read 2721 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: September 01, 2008, 04:26:21 AM »

I am still awaiting some form of treatment to help with my low hemoglobin, no one from the hospital has got back to me yet , so i have rung again today. I was given to understand that hemoglobin took oxygen around the body ? Well at the moment im having problems with my breathing , im not breathless like in fluid overload , but more like i need to take deeper breaths , so much so , i ended up sitting up last night in bed to try and help with it . I have tried to explain this to the hospital but they say ..your probably fluid overloaded ( i dont think i am) I dont understand why they dont know that with low hemoglobin i would be having these problems , i just want to  :Kit n Stik;  I am waiting now to speak to someone who im hoping i can make understand this.  If any of you had this problem with low hemoglobin , what did you do ? Did you just put up with it till they sorted your levels out? I have been told this could take ages for me.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 04:59:54 AM »

I have had this problem too from time to time, it seems to go away after a  bit. I did not know about low hemo.

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:41:02 AM »

Do you have a Kidney Doc if so I would be calling him for some action...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:42:36 AM »

Hey kickstart, Otto's hemo was as low as 3.8 but I don't remember him saying he was short of breath, he just was REALLY tired and his body felt like everything was sleeping he said. They gave him several bags of blood over a few days and that helped. Hope they figure out whats is going on and get you better soon. :grouphug;

KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:37:11 AM »

Hi lola ..yes i know how Otto felt !!! but it sounds like they acted quickly with blood transfusions , my problem is they arent really doing anything about this , i had one lot of iron over 2 weeks ago and thats it ! It is hemo that carries oxygen round the body and i know its not fluid overload , usually my legs are the first thing to fill up if it is , so i use them as a gauge!

I have just rung for the second time today asking to speak to someone , seems like my call this morning was forgotten!!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:41:36 AM »

UPDATE.. well someone decided to ring me back from the unit to see if they could fit me in on thursday for some more iron , so i went a bit mad !! :banghead; I said that i didnt feel a 'bit of iron' was going to be the answer. They have now agreed that i go get my bloods done tomorrow and depending on the results i may possibly have to have a transfusion ..

Marley

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:31:29 AM »

So glad for you that someone FINALLY listened to you, I know how frustrating that can be, but you persevered and it came through.  I hope your feeling much better soon! 

Marley
 :guitar:

Marley
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 09:42:22 AM »

:thumbup; Finally someone paid attention to you. Why do we have to go off on these people to get them to listen? Hope you get to the bottom of it soon and start to feel better.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 09:54:10 AM »

hope things go better this go round, kickstart and you're feeling better soon.  :grouphug;

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 10:00:58 AM »

Good going kickstart...finally got someone to listen...hope they will find out quickly what can help you and keep at them.....

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
RobinM

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...or something like that.  Good for you for keeping after them.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »

Glad you pushed the issue till you got a response.
Hope things will work out well for you soon.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »