I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 12:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Off on holiday...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Off on holiday...  (Read 4090 times)
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« on: July 31, 2006, 12:47:14 PM »

Heph & I are off on another camping adventure. We leave on Thursday and this time we are taking Boris (the cycler)! We are going for two whole weeks, and with the current heat wave in the UK at the moment it should be great. Should be interesting. We will have an electric supply this time as we will be joining up with my parents who are in a caravan and we will be running electric from there. I just hope it all works out OK as we are not taking manual bags as we can't fit that in the car too!

It will be really nice to be away and have our days free of manual exchanges. We have tons of tegaderm so we can swim every day if we like! We will tell you all about it when we get back and hope to get some pics of the cycler set up in the tent!

(I didn't know whether to post this in off topic, especially as I have mentioned dialysis! Please can Admin or Mods move it if need be. Thank you.  ;))

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 12:52:48 PM »

Good luck to you both! Don't forget to bring that camera along, so we all can share in your fun. Have a great time, see you when you return, Joe  ;)

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 01:17:54 PM »

I would think it is relavant to everyone on dialysis so that others know they can go on vacations as well on dialysis! Please keep us informed how it goes (I know I was too scared to go camping on PD but I DID travel and LOVED the freedom!!!)

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 02:24:45 PM »

Good luck to you both! Don't forget to bring that camera along, so we all can share in your fun. Have a great time, see you when you return, Joe  ;)

Indeed, please take your camera and post pics of Hephs treatment. Others can learn so much from those pics. Learn that travel and camping is very possible.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 04:06:24 PM »

You go guys,,, Enjoy and have a blast, looking forward to seeing those pics,,,,

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 06:01:07 PM »

Hope you have lots of fun.  Can't wait to see pics.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 07:16:43 PM »

Have fun and good luck. 

Please just stuff a couple of manual bags somewhere!  (I'd feel better)   ;)

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 10:20:37 PM »

Have a great time you all!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 11:37:17 PM »

This is a very good place to post.  We need to see our options on dialysis, and how we can still lead interesting lives.  Enjoy yourself and give us full reports!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 01:10:20 AM »

Have fun and good luck.

Please just stuff a couple of manual bags somewhere! (I'd feel better) ;)

Don't worry, I have planned on taking a few manual bags, I just can't take enough for the whole time just in case something goes wrong with the cycler. But lets not think about that huh!  :D

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
Mom3

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 06:02:20 AM »

Inspirational!!! Have fun! ;D

Mom3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
MiSSis

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 05:31:36 PM »

I'm curious ... have any of you PD patients flown with your cycler?  My husband and I have taken quite a few trips while I've been on PD but each time I've been able to make arrangements for Fresenius to ship the dialysate and a machine to our resort.  When I'm finished with it at the end of the week, Fresenius has always provided a shipping label for the machine to be returned by FedEx.  Now we're thinking of driving down to Florida from IL which will take several days and then fly home.  (We are delivering a car to my parents who live in Naples, FL.)  Anyway, I'd like to take CY (my cycler) with us on the trip down but wasn't sure about how to get him back home with the new security measures in place.  I definitely wouldn't want to put him into checked baggage but wondered if the airlines would let us check him at the jetway, like parents do with strollers, carseats and the like.  Anyone had any experience with this?

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."  Helen Keller
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 06:41:15 PM »

I would do some serious checking before I went anywhere with a cycler.  Airline security is so strict now after the terrorist threat in Britain.  You can't even bring on a small container of hand disinfectant.  I read somewhere they will allow insulin as the only fluid or gel aboard a flight from the U.S.  When I go I make it a rule to carry all my meds, insulin, syringes, meter, test strips etc. on my person at all times.  If I can't do that I just won't go.  I don't like the idea of being seperated from any of that stuff.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »