I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:58:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  WOOHOO!! MY NEW VEHICLE CAME TODAY!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WOOHOO!! MY NEW VEHICLE CAME TODAY!!!!!  (Read 5992 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« on: March 03, 2006, 02:36:47 PM »

I drove myself home from dialysis - the first time since December!!!!  I have a jeep - Mitsubishi RVR - good for this kind of terrain!   I will not have to wait on anyone anymore!!!!!!!
Praise the Lord!!!!  Praise the Lord!!!!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
susie q

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:23:22 PM »

Whooo Hooo for you Baj..... congratulations..  :) ;)
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 06:03:02 PM »

Cool!  Post pics if you can - I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »

Good for you!!  Not familiar w/ that vehicle -- what does it look like and what color did you get?

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:06:20 PM »

I bought this second hand online, from Japan.  It is black.
I have never posted a picture before, so here goes

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »

WOW! :o  Never seen one before -- that is soooo cool, and really cute too.  Looks like it would be fun to drive.  Lots of options -- love that grill on the front, the luggage, rack and step.  Looks like the paint job is in good shape too.  Looks like a winner to me.  (good photo too)

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 09:41:05 PM »

Congrats! I like it. It is nice when you are able to drive yourself to the center I did it for many years. It sucks when you have to wait for a ride.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kevno

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 04:48:54 AM »

Nice car Epoman! Over Here in England 4x4 have a bit of a bad name. But most of my mates have them.  It's me who has had a change this time, Astra Easytronic Design 55. mines 6 month old. not happy with it >:(  300mls gear linkage went. It's a petrol not a diesel and only getting 35mls to the gallon.At gas at 90 pence a litre. which works out about 90p x 4.52 = £3.82 a gallon or $6.69 a gallon.  Thats why I have change to a smaller car. Already got the thing stuck in the snow! Twice ::) At  least you will not have that problem with a Jeep :)

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »

Nice car Epoman! Over Here in England 4x4 have a bit of a bad name. But most of my mates have them.  It's me who has had a change this time, Astra Easytronic Design 55. mines 6 month old. not happy with it >:(  300mls gear linkage went. It's a petrol not a diesel and only getting 35mls to the gallon.At gas at 90 pence a litre. which works out about 90p x 4.52 = £3.82 a gallon or $6.69 a gallon.  Thats why I have change to a smaller car. Already got the thing stuck in the snow! Twice ::) At  least you will not have that problem with a Jeep :)

Kevno

It's not my car, it's "bajanne2000"

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 08:17:36 PM »

Not only that, but I could never have a problem with snow!  Last time it snowed in this latitude was during the Ice Age!
I need to tell you guys about this.   I live in the British Virgin Islands, an interesting place.  This place is a mixture of British and American culture (with a big Caribbean input, of course).  We drive on the British side of the road, but the cars have the steering wheel on the American side.
I am from another island which is more British, so I was very pleased that this vehicle has the steering-wheel on the British side.  My students are appalled at the sight of me on the right side (which is the right side)!

Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 12:32:20 PM »

Congrats! I like it. It is nice when you are able to drive yourself to the center I did it for many years. It sucks when you have to wait for a ride.

- Epoman

I'm sure you probably already know this Epoman, but I'll say it anyway.  There are adapter pieces made for cars and other vehicles so that a person without use of their legs can drive.  It costs a bit to get them and have them installed, but it greatly increases the freedom you have.  My little brother has a set on his car, the only problem he has is getting his chair in and out.  He has to get someone to do it for him.  A guy I went to High School with that was in a chair had a convertable, so he would just let the top down and heave his chair into the back seat.  I believe there are other options that are much more intense and technical than these to.

It's not easy being green.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 02:52:43 PM »

- Epoman

I'm sure you probably already know this Epoman, but I'll say it anyway.  There are adapter pieces made for cars and other vehicles so that a person without use of their legs can drive.  It costs a bit to get them and have them installed, but it greatly increases the freedom you have.  My little brother has a set on his car, the only problem he has is getting his chair in and out.  He has to get someone to do it for him.  A guy I went to High School with that was in a chair had a convertable, so he would just let the top down and heave his chair into the back seat.  I believe there are other options that are much more intense and technical than these to.

??? Who says I don't drive? I drive all the time. My hips are broke but I can still move and have a lot of strength I just can't walk. In fact the last time we drove to San Francisco from Los Angeles I did all of the driving, on the way back I drove 7 hours back non-stop it was great. I guess you thought that because I said "it sucks to wait for a ride," well we only have 1 car and my wife drives it to work.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 06:38:25 AM »

- Epoman

??? Who says I don't drive? I drive all the time. My hips are broke but I can still move and have a lot of strength I just can't walk. In fact the last time we drove to San Francisco from Los Angeles I did all of the driving, on the way back I drove 7 hours back non-stop it was great. I guess you thought that because I said "it sucks to wait for a ride," well we only have 1 car and my wife drives it to work.  :)

My mistake, I guess I read more into "it sucks to wait for a ride" and your hips being broke than there was.  Well then that was embarrassing, at least anyone out there who may have not known about other options now does.

It's not easy being green.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 03:28:33 PM »

congrats! I wish I had a car :( It is nice :) Air conditioned eh?

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »

Yes, it is, and it only cost me $6000 and that includes shipping, tax, customs, everything.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »