I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:30:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  florida and fay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: florida and fay  (Read 2037 times)
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« on: August 19, 2008, 05:08:53 PM »

It turned out that Fay, happily, has been a nonevent here in Tampa.

How about for the rest of the "family"? It came ashore to the south of us, near Marco Island. I know we have members south of Tampa on the west coast. It crossed the state and is about to enter the Atlantic in the Melbourne area where I know there are other family and friends. Crossing the state, how about Mysty and Keefer in Miami - did you feel it? As for tomorrow and Thursday, it is expected to circle back and make another landfall, stronger, between Daytona and Jacksonville. Again, more members live in that neighborhood.

As for us , we are supposed to take Rolando's daughter back to school (go Gators!) in Gainesville Thursday evening, but we may need to wait for the storm to pass.

Alene

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:19:58 PM »

Glad to hear it gave you no trouble in Tampa.  It passed over us in the early stages when it was just a tropical depression.  We got lots of needed rain and nothing else, but it left us and strengthened and did some damage in Haiti, I hear.  Hope it just dies down now.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »

No problem in Wisconsin.  :rofl; Glad you weathered victoriously.
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 05:19:40 AM »

Turns out we couldn't wait and had to take Rolando's daughter back to school in Gaineville last night. A trip that usually takes less than 1 1/2 hrs took 3 hrs going and 2 1/2 hrs coming home. The east coast and now northern FL are/will be swamped.

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:04:21 AM »

Glad you and Rolando made it safely. We could sure use some of that rain up here.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 09:42:20 AM »

The town north of me West Melbourne has historic flooding- many houses have a foot or more inside,remembering most of the east coast is a sandbar and doesn't flood easily. My little town has very full canals and just a bit of yard flooding- I dont think any houses here are flooded. South of us 5 miles is Barefoot Bay, a twister severly damaged 9 trailers and damaged about 50 more. No-one was hurt.  Its actually raining again right now but I am glad to see most of Fay is gone-this is the last tail peice of cloud.

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:50:29 PM »

I am so sorry for those who have been flooded.  It is a horrible thing to have happen to your home (I know by personal experience).  I had no idea it was that bad as I haven't been able to watch much news the last few days.

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »