I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Anyone thinking what I am thinking?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone thinking what I am thinking?  (Read 4566 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« on: July 27, 2006, 11:54:54 AM »

I am not a gloom and doom person by nature, but this new thing between Israel and the Hezbollah is getting to me.  What if this is the start of WWIII?
What I worry about is the fact that everything we use nowadays needs fuel - especially electricity.  What will happen if hostilities break out worldwide?  We depend on oil so much.
I always feel that one of the first casualties of any such global war will be dialysis patients, or anyone needing fuel to keep them alive.
Sorry to be such a wet blanket, but .......

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Mom3

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »

When Israel hit the power plant in Gaza, dialysis patients were gravely impacted. I had a friend over there doing Christian Peace team work and I am so thankful she is back in the states safe.

So much loss of innocent human life!!

Mom3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 01:45:28 PM »

Wow, I want to pray for them. I am so worried. My mom emails a lady in Israel and it is terrible over there right now. Mom3, have you gotten a reply from my mom yet? You could ask her about the lady she talks to who lives over there. I am just glad I am not over there .. but yes, I do worry about WWIII. I mean ... if any of you read the Bible .. it is scary about how things will eventually be .. and sad to say .. us with this health .. we are really dependent on money and everything that comes from oil and other resources. It is scary to think what could happen if all the things we depend on are jeopardized.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 02:05:12 PM »

What is going to happen, is going to happen,  i am going to enjoy my life, how i can, when i can and as much as i can...If i sit here and think about what the future holds, the present will pass us by, so i am enjoying each and everyday and taking what God has given me, AND THAT IS MY PERSONAL OPINION,,,, and i am sticking to it ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 02:12:05 PM »

But I am with you on that, as well.  So I have feet on both sides of this particular fence.  Even though I am concerned about what could happen, I am living one day at a time, and giving the Lord thanks for each wonderful day.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 02:17:39 PM »

That is the only way to live. My cousin just called me up and I hadn't heard from her since Christmas so she asked me about dialysis and everything. I think she thought I was still on PD and I haven't been for a year. She said, "Wow you have a lot on your plate!!" and I thought about that. You know, I don't think I have that much. I mean yes, on dialysis, go to the unit 3 times a week, but I haven't worked all year and I live on my own. I don't have kids and not a lot of responsibilities. Just the usual crap. I just take each and every day as I live them. We all have worries .. money .. when will we get a kidney .. how will we be able to afford everything .. adjust to it all .. but we know we will get through it some how. I remember when I had my first transplant as a teenager. All I wanted was to be a normal kid.

Now all I want to do is live as a normal adult. And I appreciate every day that I can drink a drink, taste the drink, eat food that I love, even if I can't have everything, and am thankful for phosphate binders. A lot of people think "poor me" and my cousin seemed to feel that she would if she was in my shoes, but we have it better off than those dialysis patients in Israel.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 06:24:13 PM »

Ou principal has family who live in the area  Huzballah(sp.)  has taken over and where the bombs are dropping.  They managed to get 13 people in his family with American passports out through Cypress and Damascus, he said.  It is terrible.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 10:19:29 PM »

I think Israel needed to protect herself.  We cannot let these terrorist take over.  They would not take pity on dialysis patients. 

Yes, the Bible says it will get worse.  Our only salvation is in Jesus Christ.  Accept Him and don't worry.

Israel is God's chosen people.  Don't mess with her.  (MY OPINION)

Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 05:39:11 AM »

I worry about that too.  I try not to think about it too much at this point.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
jdat

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 06:48:21 AM »

I have been all about the news since this started.
Not that this isn't the case on a regular basis as I am an avid newspaper reader.

I am also baffled by the amount of anti-semitism coming out of this conflict. I'll just blame that on ignorance.

Yet at the same time it's important that everyone remember, NO ONE IS INNOCENT  :-\
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 08:21:45 AM »

Personally I think Israel is doing the right thing.  Take action and take action hard.

Currently Iran and Syria are the biggest state sponsers of terrorism.  They no longer commit the acts themselves but pay and fund other groups to commit such acts for them. 

Also that the EU refuses to call Hezbollah a terrorist group shows just how much they wish to appease terrorist groups.

After all Hezbollah is the same group who murdered 241 Marines in 83.

There is no such thing as too much force when dealing with terrorists.  If civillians are in the way they need to get out.

Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 10:40:59 AM »

I think Israel needed to protect herself.  We cannot let these terrorist take over.  They would not take pity on dialysis patients. 

Yes, the Bible says it will get worse.  Our only salvation is in Jesus Christ.  Accept Him and don't worry.

Israel is God's chosen people.  Don't mess with her.  (MY OPINION)
I agree and couldn't have said it any better

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »