I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:16:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What if...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if...  (Read 14155 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 08:39:16 PM »

What if "goofynina" never joined.  :o *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)

I second that!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 06:30:21 AM »

What if "goofynina" never joined.  :o *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)

I second that!!

I 3rd that!!!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 09:59:21 AM »

I 4th that.  ??? Wait a minute, I 4th that sounds crap.  :-\ Probably better for me to say, woohoo, really happy you're here Goofynina!!!!!  ;D

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 10:03:15 AM »

Thank you there Little-Lady but your probably not as happy as i am too be here...and to have met all of you wonderful people,,,you all are AWESOME!!!!!  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! Love to you all today, tomorrow and Forever......

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »

Thank you there Little-Lady but your probably not as happy as i am too be here...and to have met all of you wonderful people,,,you all are AWESOME!!!!!  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! Love to you all today, tomorrow and Forever......
Goofy nina makes me smile! As well as Heph's little lady and Baj  ;D

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kevno

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 02:50:17 AM »

What if...

Always been thinking about that. If :-\ the Doctor had found out when she should have done that I had Reflux. The kidney not could, would have been saved. Then I would have lived a so called normal life. But the road I have been on as been very interesting, painful at times got to know a lot a great people. Lost a lot of dear friends too. I supposes I would have been like all the other people. Kidney failure never even thought about.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 03:08:27 AM »

What if...

Always been thinking about that. If :-\ the Doctor had found out when she should have done that I had Reflux. The kidney not could, would have been saved. Then I would have lived a so called normal life. But the road I have been on as been very interesting, painful at times got to know a lot a great people. Lost a lot of dear friends too. I supposes I would have been like all the other people. Kidney failure never even thought about.

Kevno

Me too. I think about "what if..." a LOT!

Why? Because I missed out on 16 years of my life! People can't understand unless they were sick right from birth. Those 16 years I was so out of it I didn't make any friends and never learned how to get along with others and I see the effects of that to this very day! If they had found the reflux I had then I was even TOLD that I very well could have had full kidney function still to this day and led a very normal life. I would not have felt like a burden growing up. I might not have the depression I have. I might have been a normal part of society instead of how I am now (I am not like everyone else .. I don't fit in.. I am extremely insecure .. easily hated by others .. told I am annoying and talk to much and that no one cares but me ...) and who knows .. I might have been able to go farther in school and maybe even been able to buy a house .. car .. even get married by the age of 32 ...

but instead I feel eternally trapped 16 years behind my actual age and get along best with people a lot younger than me unless they are adults who are patient enough and understanding enough to realize that I need more patience than most my age.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant .. but I have a lot on my mind and am in 100% agreement with Kevno. I know there are a couple of us that have had these similar experiences of undiagnosed reflux when we were real young, so I know a few of you can relate.

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kevno

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 03:57:44 AM »

I know how you feel Angie. Looking back now I was lucky, always had a lot of friends. The Doctors wanted to put me in a special school. But my Mum said no way. So I went to normal schools. Never missed out like the other renal kids on the unit with my schooling. I was mad at the time, did not know why I had to have a tutor whilst on the machine, and on weekends. My Mum and Dad paid for one so I kept up with all school work. Most of the other renal children went to special schools.

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 04:01:54 AM »

I know how you feel Angie. Looking back now I was lucky, always had a lot of friends. The Doctors wanted to put me in a special school. But my Mum said no way. So I went to normal schools. Never missed out like the other renal kids on the unit with my schooling. I was mad at the time, did not know why I had to have a tutor whilst on the machine, and on weekends. My Mum and Dad paid for one so I kept up with all school work. Most of the other renal children went to special schools.
I didn't get a special school so when I was in the hospital during when they were teaching everyone long division I didn't ever learn it. Then they passed me and then in the next grade the teacher refused to teach me saying, "you learned that just the year before! What is wrong with you?!" Well.. I used to be okay at math but ever since then I have been behind and still even at my age have a very hard time with math.  I used to puke all the time at school and none of the kids wanted to be my friend. I was often laughed at and picked on and as the years went on I was beat up after school on a daily basis.

I would have LOVED to have went to a special school ... maybe I wouldn't have issues today of worrying that people hate me lol

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Mom3

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »

It is just unspeakable that the school allowed you to be treated so badly and that your teachers had so little compassion, Angie. It's infuriating. I'm curious as to what sort of special schools kidney kids go to in Britain and Canada?

I work at a "special school" myself.

Angie you seem very wise to me and both of you express yourselves really well! Probably in spite of your education experience Angie and with credit to yours Kevno.

WHAT IF science finds another major medical advance for kidney disease SOON!! That's optimism.

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 07:15:47 PM »

It is just unspeakable that the school allowed you to be treated so badly and that your teachers had so little compassion, Angie. It's infuriating. I'm curious as to what sort of special schools kidney kids go to in Britain and Canada?

I work at a "special school" myself.

Angie you seem very wise to me and both of you express yourselves really well! Probably in spite of your education experience Angie and with credit to yours Kevno.

WHAT IF science finds another major medical advance for kidney disease SOON!! That's optimism.

Mom 3
Don't know what special schools are here in Canada .. I know there is special education. My brother went to a special school because he is dyslexic (more severe case than mine .. I didn't get to go but wish I did since learning that untreated dyslexia gets worse with time .. but as long as I take my time I do okay). Other than that .. I don't know.

It wasn't just the students that were harsh on me. One teacher actually took me out into the hallway and kicked me in the butt (yes, you read that right) because she felt that I was a "bad" kid who "obviously wasn't being punished at home for my bad behavior" ... because I was weak and fell asleep in class all the time and had a hard time paying attention with my lack of energy...

Angie you seem very wise to me and both of you express yourselves really well!

You are the first besides Sandman who has said that to me. I am only that way because I spent so much time on the side lines tryin to understand what makes "normal" people tick. I really wanted to fit in and somehow never seemed to be able to. I knew I was different than others since very young. I always felt misunderstood and so I tend to explain myself to others .. even if they really couldn't care less. My own brother has told me to shut up and said, "No one wants to hear your life story!!" ... so I didn't think anyone really cared how I communicate.  But I see how misunderstandings happen and find it is helpful how I am at times. Thanks for your complement! It does mean a lot to me as I am not used to hearing that  :) :-[
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:42:06 PM by angieskidney » Logged

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2006, 10:11:11 AM »

What if??

If it weren't kidney disease it would be something else...right??? Not trying to sound negative but I believe we all have our destiny.... ours happens to be kidney disease.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 05:11:08 PM »

What if...
    you got so into the messages on the board and then had to send a link to a friend, then had to email stuff to another person, then had to sit and read and respond to your email, then had to go look up a site, then had four phone calls, then forgot where you were on the message boards, then had to go back and start all over again reading the message boards, then had to write a silly message to the boards explaining all of the mess you have been through just to say hi?

HI FOLKS! >:D

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 07:25:13 PM »

What if...
    you got so into the messages on the board and then had to send a link to a friend, then had to email stuff to another person, then had to sit and read and respond to your email, then had to go look up a site, then had four phone calls, then forgot where you were on the message boards, then had to go back and start all over again reading the message boards, then had to write a silly message to the boards explaining all of the mess you have been through just to say hi?

HI FOLKS! >:D

What if ...

You had to check your 50 emails from your mother that she forwards because she joined a bunch of yahoo groups and msn groups and had to answer the phone and talk on Skype to your long distance boyfriend who then had to answer his phone and keep you on the line while you are checking the new posts on IHD in a sweltering room because you airconditioner broke down! lol! And what if every time you posted it would say "someone else just posted while you have been editing .." and you could never keep up? lol :P

What if there was no IHD? Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 07:33:49 PM »

What If....

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 08:48:25 PM »

What if....
    Epoman, you forgot to post up there!   What happened big guy?  Get poster's fright?  Get frigid fingers?  Get nxs stage blues? Did you find a penguin and have deliver it back to Antarctica?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006, 10:56:07 PM »

What if....
    Epoman, you forgot to post up there!   What happened big guy?  Get poster's fright?  Get frigid fingers?  Get nxs stage blues? Did you find a penguin and have deliver it back to Antarctica?

I didn't forget, what if... I didn't post then you never would have made that comment.  :o DEEP huh!

;)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2006, 11:00:09 PM »

What if....
           my knees bent the other way?  Could I sit in a chair?

lifenotonthelist.com

kevno

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2006, 07:04:56 AM »

I thought they did thats why you have that Big Stick >:D

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 10:29:56 PM »

No, no, the big stick is why you can't sit in a chair anymore, Kevno!

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »