I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:37:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Ever get jealous
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ever get jealous  (Read 7565 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 01:44:31 PM »

pelagia the beauty of IHD is the diversity within this disease. Your posts are as imporant as anyones post be it pre dialysis or post transplant. Every stage inbetween has it's own level of importance, which depends on where you are in your progression. Transplant is not a cure but probably the closest thing to it.   
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »

Good news is always good to hear and encourages us and gives us hope.
If it was all bad news it would be so depressing,.
We want to be happy for those who have good things happen.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 11:43:57 PM »

I get envious on a weekly basis.  It is human nature to desire. 

Vacations and spontaneity get me the most.
My kids would love to going skiing again this year (most of our friends go).... but it is impossible to get all my PD supplies onto the mountain. I take it the hardest when I think the kids are missing out on things.

Like Meinuk said... It is human nature to desire.

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 05:58:13 AM »

here is something petty
I am jealous of my own twin sister
she can pee
and she complains and complains about her 2nd grade teaching job
I told her at least you can teach
I miss it so much
and she has two good kidneys
she can pee
she can pee
she can pee
and did I mention----- she can pee
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 10:00:55 AM »

I am super jealous of my sister's 65 ounce soda cup she carries everywhere with her.  She must fill it two to three times a day!
Damn! I have threatened to throw it out her truck window in the middle of nowhere.  She says she has another one!  Damn!
She can pee, too.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 05:04:18 PM »

65 ounce soda cup
I did not know they made them that big
size does matter
Robby712

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 10:09:13 PM »

Jealous...uhhhh yeah.  But for me some of the trips, a float trip an hour away, a trip to Chicago (4-5 hours) on my weekend off, even just a day trip type of thing are all doable, but I just can't get over the mental barrier of "Oh man I'm away from home what if I start feeling bad or what if I can't make it back for my treatment, or what if zombies attack and there is a mass exodus from this city and the roads are all blocked and I have to walk back home + fight zombies..."  Anybody else feel that way?

On a slightly more positive side I find myself trying to get my parents or friends that aren't big travelers or wouldn't normally spend money on travel to be a bit more open minded about taking trips.  "Hey, at least you CAN go somewhere...DO IT!"

...I guess I should take my own advice.  :oops;
st789

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 10:32:29 PM »

People would not understand us or would not take the time to understand.  Too distracted with materialistic world. :banghead;
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 05:14:58 AM »

I have more trouble getting past other peoples mental barriers and perceptions of kidney disease especially ones who don't take the time to learn...ex: when I lived in ND my one sister was only 8 hours away and she would not let me come to visit because "I might bleed to death?"...where? from my little toe? so needless to say I didn't see her and now live several states away and she doesn't even call....ignorance...hate it.  I love going on day trips, always have and do whenever possible....I miss miss however being able to just go on any day I choose (D) days....yes, that's a mental issue for me.

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 06:21:19 AM »

I know Rob is jealous of not being able to do the things he used to do.  He feels bad when our son wants to go out and toss the baseball around, but Rob is tired from a full day of working.  He's also jealous that we can't go away as much as we want to, or have to limit the activity of a vacation.  He pushes himself more than he should because he hates being sick.  I hate seeing this.

Rob is one of the coaches of our son's little league team and right now they are both on the All-Star team.  Over the weekend we had a slew of games, at one of them we overheard someone talking about someone they know being sick and that you would never know it if you looked at them.  This person just kept commenting on how great he looked, but how sick he was.  Rob and I both looked at each other and sorta smiled, we know about that all too well.

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »