I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  1st day back
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1st day back  (Read 4072 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« on: July 24, 2006, 01:53:50 AM »

Kitkatz, I hope your first day back is a good one. Joe

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 06:18:03 AM »

Good luck Kat! 

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Mom3

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 03:16:22 PM »

WOW :o

School starts early some places...

Hope it was a good day...

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 10:36:24 PM »

Thank you for well wishes.  I start officially with the teachers meetings Wednesday. Then kids on Thursday. Went in to my room today.  They DID NOT even vacuum the room over the break!!! They DID install a new whiteboard, which I promptly hugged.  My four trashcans disappeared, to came back today.  Looking for the other two.  Interesting....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:57:00 AM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 08:43:53 AM »

Once more into the TEACH, dear friends, once more... (apologies to Shakespeare!).

My best wishes are with you for this new term.  I am aware of all of the personal challenges along with those of your students, but then you are our favourite superwoman.  YOU WILL MAKE IT!!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:57:16 AM »

Good Luck Kitzkat hope your new students are as good as the previous ones.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »

You know, they still have NOT vacuumed my classroom yet!  WTF? Are they waiting for more dirt? I would think they would have vacuumed at least once in SIX weeks.  It looks like the Dyson and I will have to pay a visit to my room tomorrow.  I am NOT starting the year with a dirty room. EEEWWWW!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Mom3

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 06:21:21 PM »

In a way today was my first day back too. I was called in for a special training on handling behaviors including restraints etc. Do they still put you through that stuff?

If you complain will maintenance not vacuum? You shouldn't have to start the year that way. There is more than enough to do without "housework"!

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 10:26:02 PM »

The room was finally vacuumed sometime yesterday afternoon.  It looks pretty good even if I do say so myself.  I am ready for work tomorrow with the students. Computer is out with the projector for a presentation of my rules and standards.  Should be fun!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:57:32 AM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 10:34:26 PM »

Well folks I made it through the first two days of school with the kids.  The kids are pretty quiet and I have developed some new discipline to use with them this year.  It shut up the noisy ones real quick today and yesterday. LOL.  I also found a way to track tardies in class.  I have a class referral page to mark down problems we have with students.  I just hand them the page and make them put their name on it and then I write what happened.  One boy threw paper from his desk to the trashcan and I told him not to do it and wrote it up for him. I think he will remember not to do that again.  It just kills them to have to write their name on that paper.  It also gave me a way to track what I have done in class at each step. It also reminds me of the discipline procedure to use.  Then when I write a referral on a child I can attach copies of the classroom referrals to it.  Proof is there.
    The classroom is set up. My aide will be getting reading levels on them next week, then she will begin reading groups.  I have math tests to give them on basic skills for next week.  Lots of work for us to do.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 11:14:35 PM »

So glad you started school before me!!  You just gave me a great idea!  I hope you don't mind if I borrow it from you.  Is it patented or anything? ;)

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »