I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 02:19:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  A Sad Day For Me
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Sad Day For Me  (Read 5650 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »

Kitkatz's tip for all patients:

Document everything.  If something is done and you do not like it write it up. Give it to your head nurse of the unit.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
IUNurse

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 06:13:33 PM »

I used to work for an awesome company that was bought out by one of the top dogs.  What I found was, you can change the name and change policies, but the staff will only work with what they are comfortable with.  If the staff in your clinic provide top notch care- that will not change.  I would say that if the Unit Administrator is not changing than the quality of your care hopefully will not change either!

It is not what you say to a patient that he will remember, it is how you made him feel.
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »

I'm already seeing changes in the staff because they know that they will be replaced by techs at some point in the near future. I really don't forsee any major changes right off the bat but a gradual change.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »

gradually going down hill
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 03:29:06 PM »

Now take the bull by the horns and make sure you document anything you do not like! Turn in this documentation to the head nurse.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 08:15:30 PM »

I revived this post because Davita has started with their changes. Today they told the machine techs that they would no longer be needed. All our machines are Fresenius 2008K and our techs have been working on them since they first arrived. They do an excellent job so why arbitrarily replace them with new people unless it's the money. I'm not sure I want someone working on my machine that makes minimum wage.

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 08:18:32 PM »

is the nurse still blowing in your ear ::)
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 08:32:49 PM »

barely....she's an LPN with 20 yrs.dialysis experience but Davita has told her that they don't use LPN's.

G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 08:34:01 PM »

:bandance;  I Like Davita....Sorry guys but I hope Davita buys the private clinics in ND.....if Davita reads this, contact me and I'll tell you which one.  I went to a private clinic for almost a year and always was sick, then transferred to a Davita out of state and no problems, feel great, they are very attentive, have a RN for each group of chairs and well trained techs and machine techs so give them a chance.  The RN's are the greatest.

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »