I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Do you collect anything?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you collect anything?  (Read 16449 times)
Sara
Elite Member

« on: July 17, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »

Have to stop collecting pets and focus on something else.  LOL  (Side effect of working with animals, unfortunately.  The sick little puppies and kittens go home with me and sometimes stay there)

Anyway, I found some really pretty Depression Glass at the antique store today, I might start collecting a bit of that.  Also been buying old/vintage religious items lately - medals, statues, etc. 

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »

Well, seems like since i have been sick i have enjoyed collecting: spider webs, dust, dust bunnies and old newspapers,,, when i was well, i was collecting anything and everything Native American, from plates, dolls, mini figurines, you name it, i have it, now,  hubby has taken over and his collection is nothing but OAKLAND RAIDERRRRRRS..... all over the freaken house,  one good thing is he has to get rid of the spider webs whenever he wants to hang a new banner or poster, lol, see, not so dumb after all huh? ::)  (shaddup Epoman)  lol  :-\

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:35:14 PM »

I used to collect stamps.  I still have a large collection which will be worth something one day, but I lost interest after some kids who came to our home, ramsacked my collection.

I used to collect phonecards.  Still have a large collection in albums, but I do not collect anymore.

I used to collect postcards, but once my brother and sister decided they were cleaning up the house, and my collection was a casualty.

I collect keychains - but just the plastic, glassy, souvenir kind with the name of the locality, or flag or stuff like that.  My collection is in three parts - 1.  countries I have been to      2. countries that someone I know has been to     3.  keychains as advertisement, from businesses, etc.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 08:52:47 PM »

I collect classic video games, I have not for a while though I have my mind on other things (like this site)

I collect websites.

I want to collect old 45's

I collect DVD's

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 09:00:11 PM »

Epoman collects Tito's Taco's  wrappers......:P

www.kidneyoogle.com
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »

Epoman collects Tito's Taco's  wrappers......:P

Yeah so!  >:(

titostacos.com

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 10:38:43 PM »

Yeah. I will have to go to Tito's Tacos. Looks and sounds good. Culver City is not that far in West LA.  About 2 hours depending on traffic. I had to laugh at the music in their website!

I think I collect restaurant coupons, but I keep using them!

I was collecting light houses. Thomas Kinkade lighthouses.  But once people know you collect they get you all kinds of weird stuff.  So I have kind of stopped.

I had a collection of over 500 cartoon and Disney dogs.  It got really expensive to collect them.  One piece was getting towards 100 bucks. I auctioned the collection off for far less than it was worth.

Katherine
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 10:46:44 AM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 11:02:55 PM »

YEAH SO, YEAH SO, blah blah blaaaaaaah........your just mad cuz i ratted you out :P;)

(your just lucky i didnt tell them about the matching cups and napkins)    oooooopsie,  my bad!!! >:D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 11:46:29 PM by goofynina » Logged

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 01:16:33 AM »

My kids tried to collect a set of Outback steak knives.  I was so embarrassed that they would get caught and there was no stopping them.  I also had a friend who decided to collect an Outback drink mug. As we were leaving I offered to get the napkins and salt and pepper shakers so she could have a complete set.  She told me to shut up.

See the people I hang out with!!!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 01:31:15 AM »

Heph & I seem to collect people. We have had several homeless or really needy people sleep on our sofa, sometimes for over a year. All of them managed to sort themselves out some and have places of their own now. We stopped last June when Heph got sick though, it was just too much. I (not so) subtly told the last one it was time to move on.

Heph started collecting people before me though, in fact thats how we met, I went and stayed on his sofa!  :D He just kept me.  ;D

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
girlfriend

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 01:39:14 AM »

Hey goofynina, I collect spiderwebs and dust bunny's to. but once a week they all seem to disappear.  I think there is  a gremlin here that keeps taking them...
I have collected a few things then i just gave up.. to much junk and junk collects dust. so seems I had more dust then anything....
At one point i collected spoons.. angels.. pins (from all the provinces and then from anywhere.) had a whole drawer full..
I have moved to a smaller place and figured i don't need all that useless stuff around anymore. time to move on to something else.. soooooooo.. now i collect all  the gadgets i can get my hands on to work with on my puter.. keep checking out all the sales.. LOL psssssssst.. don't tell no one cuz once they know your collecting then you get that for every birthday or Christmas  or any occasion cuz they now know what you like. (and soon get sick of ) LOL

Barb / girlfriend

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff........
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 01:46:09 AM »

shhh, very true huh,

HEY EVERYONE, I AM COLLECTING MONEY!!!!  (just in case you have a hard time shoppin) ;)

Can i borrow that Gremlin, i'll just wet it, let it multiply, give it back and VOILA, my house is CLEEEEAN... :P

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 02:04:24 AM »

Hey that was my collection first!  The money one!

lifenotonthelist.com

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 06:01:27 AM »

Speaking of money, I collect the "State Quarters."  I've got 2 books going for my great nephews and one for myself.  For myself, I have collected from both mints (D and P).  I love to see each state come out.  Nebraska was the last one out and Colorado is next.

For those of you outside the United States, you can see them at:

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/index.cfm?action=50_state_quarters_program

Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 06:22:34 AM »

I mostly collect music.  I'm a vinyl man myself, but most artists stopped releasing anything on vinyl years ago.  I have tons of album's(78's and 33's), 45's and Cd's.  Most people think it's weird, but I love the hisses and pops from vinyl.  I just need to get all the album's and 45's transfered to the computer and I will be a happy man.  I already have all the Cd's on there.  I also have a large DVD and VHS collection.

It's not easy being green.
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 06:26:55 AM »

Dont remind me,  we had a large VHS collection too, all in boxes, taking up valuable space (i am now on PD) and i can surely use the space now.  But since we have switched over to DVD, we gave them away.  They better not come up with something other than the DVD for a long time cuz we've got a pretty good collection also...

www.kidneyoogle.com
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 07:13:58 AM »

For those of you outside the United States, you can see them at:

I am outside of the United States, but (a little trivia) the currency of the British Virgin Islands is the US dollar.  When it came time for this little British territory to think of a currency, they decided on the US dollar, which makes a lot of sense. We can see the United States Virgin Islands from here.  A moderate swimmer could swim from a point in Tortola (BVI) to a point in St. John (USVI).  They also have lots of family ties between them.  A BVIslander never needs a visa to go to the USVI (unlike me, who needs a new visa every 10 years).
Also, the BVI gov. is very protective of their economy and has not allowed any multinational corps to start here, so when we want KFC, KMart, OfficeMax, etc., to the ferry we go.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 07:19:14 AM by bajanne2000 » Logged

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 01:50:45 PM »

Dont remind me,  we had a large VHS collection too, all in boxes, taking up valuable space (i am now on PD) and i can surely use the space now.  But since we have switched over to DVD, we gave them away.  They better not come up with something other than the DVD for a long time cuz we've got a pretty good collection also...

To late.  ;D Ever hear of HD-DVD or Blu-ray? Google it you'll see, they already started selling the Blu-Ray DVD's at major electronic stores.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 02:04:31 PM »

I checked Blu-Ray out.  At least it is backward compatible so she will still be able to see her old DVDs.

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 02:41:51 PM »

I checked Blu-Ray out.  At least it is backward compatible so she will still be able to see her old DVDs.

Of course it is, but once you see a HD-DVD on a HD TV, your old DVDs look like crap.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 11:40:56 PM »

I collect money and dust bunnies ;)

No seriously I collect cats :P

but I am never clicking on that titotaco's link again! I closed it cuz the music and it wouldn't shut up even after so I had to hit mute on my keyboard :(

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
jdat

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 06:59:11 AM »

Cds, Dvds, and shoes ....

I can go in hiding now while you all mock me for owning way too many pairs of shoes especially considering the fact I am of the male type  ;D
hyperlite

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 02:10:22 PM »

I used to collect hockey cards when I was little. I have 2 Mario Lemieux (the greatest player ever) rookie cards....I think they're worth something like 400-600$ each...
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »

Cds, Dvds, and shoes ....

I can go in hiding now while you all mock me for owning way too many pairs of shoes especially considering the fact I am of the male type  ;D

Yes, but frenchy frog types do that, don't they?   (I mean that in the nicest way, hopefully you take it like that)    :-*

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
deej

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 05:10:44 PM »

I collect tiny glass animal families.  But I can´t find my favorite animal - the zebra!  :(  Also have a big collection of VHS films and hubby just started a DVD collection.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave
safely in a well preserved body, but rather
to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »