I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Do you collect anything?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you collect anything?  (Read 16538 times)
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2006, 03:12:30 AM »

I love pretty Mikasa glass and bowls and things.
What is that? I like those small glass figurines that catch the light so perfectly! If I wanted to collect anything in the world it would be those little pretty glass figurines!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Angel1954

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2006, 06:34:20 AM »

I collect what knots especially my ANGELS and my CATS and DOLPHINS.I have allot more ANGELS then i do the other

Kathy

LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND ALWAYS LOVE YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.
MY DAUHGTERS FIRST BABY BORN JULY 6,2006 6LBS 5 OZ 17INCHES LONG. NAMED LEVI SCOTT CONDARD JR.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2006, 07:22:14 AM »

I used to like collecting anything radio controlled. I have, in my collection, 3 - 4 wheel drive trucks (1 of which is in my pic there) and 2 radio control airplanes. I haven't flown the planes, or driven the trucks since Ive been on dialysis , my reflex's aren't what they used to be. Last time I did fly, it cost me 700+, I lost the plane upon a rough landing,and before I knew why I was sick. All together I have around 4000.00 into the planes & trucks, and like I said, too scared to take them out and use them anymore. Like to sell them, but things like these are to hard to recoup the cost, so they sit here looking pretty.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2006, 11:11:36 AM »

I used to like collecting anything radio controlled. I have, in my collection, 3 - 4 wheel drive trucks (1 of which is in my pic there) and 2 radio control airplanes. I haven't flown the planes, or driven the trucks since Ive been on dialysis , my reflex's aren't what they used to be. Last time I did fly, it cost me 700+, I lost the plane upon a rough landing,and before I knew why I was sick. All together I have around 4000.00 into the planes & trucks, and like I said, too scared to take them out and use them anymore. Like to sell them, but things like these are to hard to recoup the cost, so they sit here looking pretty.

That is sad, you should use them, because when you die someone WILL use them and mess them up, so why not let it be YOU.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2006, 07:27:22 PM »

I agree with the Epoman.  I could come and help you smash them up! LOL

Mikasa is a dish company. They make all kinds of plates, sets, and glass dishes.  I think Mikasa.com will lead you there, maybe.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2006, 07:30:51 PM »

Mikasa is a dish company. They make all kinds of plates, sets, and glass dishes.  I think Mikasa.com will lead you there, maybe.
Those are nice!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2006, 07:40:48 PM »

I have a tulip design candy dish and a bowl to match. Reddish to pink tints.  I think they are pretty.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »