I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  I've decided to put my trust in.........crystals
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I've decided to put my trust in.........crystals  (Read 6622 times)
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« on: October 24, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »

don't know how I got to it, but ended up on a site about crystals. Healing crystals naturally. I had to laugh out loud when I finished the (long) article, and felt happy. So decided they gave me a positive feeling. So I ordered quite a few from several sites, and besides placing several ones around the house, will also make parcels with specifically choosen ones for Xmas presents.
I will not become a witch as that looks like hard work to me.

Anyone else into crystals?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:06:58 PM »

Anyone else into crystals?

I am. Prograf (Tacro) comes as a powder in crystalline form.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »

I've not heard of healing crystals before. I believe that the mind is a powerful thing tho and very susceptible to suggestion. Additionally, I believe in positive affirmations and the healing effects of endorphins. The crystals may produce a positive effect for you. Would certainly be interesting to entertain! I just looked them up online and saw that you can buy them in small healing bags. Would make great stocking stuffers for Xmas!

I use to have a set of mini "worry dolls". The idea was to give your worries to the dolls, put them in a small box or under your pillow and they would take your worries away while you slept. Made me feel good to do that. And altho I don't believe in voodoo, I use to get desperate and make mini voodoo dolls that looked like the people who hurt me and stick pins in them or worse, well...you don't want to know what I did to them. Now I'm not saying these dolls worked but sometimes things would happen to these people that I cannot explain. I've always believed in "what comes around goes around" so couldn't help but wonder that these people got what they deserved. Let us know how your crystals do. Hope they help to heal you.   

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »

Watch the youtube videos of the giant crystal caves in Mexico.

Researchers have built a cool room where they can take breaks and cool off as the cave is a geothermal hot spot and cannot be tollerated without very special cool suits.

AMAZINGLY HUGE crystals you have to see to believe.

Since becoming 'Clean' in Sep 81 I still miss the occasional use of a little 'crystal'.
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 10:38:53 PM »

Watch the youtube videos of the giant crystal caves in Mexico.

I love it  :cheer:

I'll keep y'all informed  :angel;

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 10:02:24 AM »

No, I am not. 

UkrainianTracksuit

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »

Yes, I've heard about healing crystals! First, it was a crazy guy on The Hills (not to say crystal people are crazy, just he was) and then one of my cousins got really right into it. So much into it that she went off to learn about those crystal singing bowls and creating tones that "heal" certain things. You're right that in that reading about them or having them around simply makes you feel happy and how could that be bad? Some of them are so pretty that they are just nice to have around.

Another cool thing is nephrite. A natural healer told me about this when I went to see him as a joke. "Heal my kidneys, please, mister" when I knew it couldn't happen. There's a belief that they specifically help kidneys which I know is fooey. Anyway, when one of these jade jewelers get nephrite pieces, my husband buys whatever they have to create "kidney armor" for my new little bean. I have earrings, necklaces, bracelets, some rings and he wants to commission a headband.  :lol; :lol; 

Renal Xena to the rescue!
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 10:02:39 PM »

Uh oh. You might have got me started on something, Cas.  :rofl;   I found this online crystal quiz. It's accuracy kind of gave me goosebumps.

Crystal Test: What Crystal Do I Need? Click on the link below and find out.  (I chose Rose Quartz, Sodalite and Blue Lace Agate). 

https://www.energymuse.com/crystal-test/

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:04:52 PM by PrimeTimer » Logged

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 03:25:51 AM »

I like that site PT thanx

:cheer:

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

UkrainianTracksuit

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 04:59:19 AM »

Prime Timer, thanks for sharing that site. It’s SO fun!

I chose rose quartz, rhodochrosite, orange calcite, green calcite, aventurine, jade, ocean jasper, fluorite and moonstone. Yeah, it’s pretty obvious I couldn’t stop and thought “oooh look at all the pretty colours!” Pretty much, I’m a lover that needs to chill out, get things done and love myself. Sounds pretty legit!

I forgot to say there’s a jewelry company that uses a lot of these for basic pieces so I blame this place IF I buy things.  :2thumbsup;
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:01:28 AM by UkrainianTracksuit » Logged
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »

Uh oh. You might have got me started on something, Cas.  :rofl;   I found this online crystal quiz. It's accuracy kind of gave me goosebumps.

Crystal Test: What Crystal Do I Need? Click on the link below and find out.  (I chose Rose Quartz, Sodalite and Blue Lace Agate). 

https://www.energymuse.com/crystal-test/

Many thanks PrimeTimer for sharing with us this fascinating link ! I chose Red Jasper (The Stabilizer), Fluorite (The Rainbow Keeper) and Clear Quartz (Crystal Clear).  Strangely enough my character always aims for stability, tranquility and a crystal clear mind and these stones emphasize exactly that, but the odd thing is that I chose these stones without knowing anything about their meaning ... a little eery, is it not ?

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 09:58:32 AM »

I use to have a set of mini "worry dolls". The idea was to give your worries to the dolls, put them in a small box or under your pillow and they would take your worries away while you slept. Made me feel good to do that.

When I was a kid in the children's hospital, one of the crafts we did was worry dolls  I made two of them.  I still have them around here somewhere.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 12:47:50 PM »

Nice stones.  I wonder if the site set a cookie and will remember my choices.  Some are pretty neat.

I was surprised how many of the descriptions fit my personality

But I've always known I am in no way near 'Normal'.

Strange indeed.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 01:35:00 PM »

My feelings abut this are mixed,as a replacement for dialysis I would think it’s crazy but as a adjunct to dialysis I think irs a great idea.  If it makes you feel better it’s a marvelous idea.  Enjoy I hope they do wonders for you. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »