I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  I Hate Delivery Day!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Hate Delivery Day!  (Read 13463 times)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 08:01:28 PM »

i dont think i've ever used a 1.5 (yellow)  its always red and green for me...(hiccup) i guess they think i have a prink...prink....(hiccup) a drinking problem,,,, :-\

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Panda_9

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 05:30:42 AM »

Our delivery guy is supposed to put them wherever we want but he is always so flat out with dialysis deliveries that I'd rather him plonk them straight in the garage. Everything wont fit straight into the room where the machine is anyway, I have to open boxes and sort them all out, so its easier the way we do it now. Plus if we arent home, he just leaves them at the garage door for us.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 03:30:57 PM »

Our delivery guy is supposed to put them wherever we want but he is always so flat out with dialysis deliveries that I'd rather him plonk them straight in the garage. Everything wont fit straight into the room where the machine is anyway, I have to open boxes and sort them all out, so its easier the way we do it now. Plus if we arent home, he just leaves them at the garage door for us.
My apt manager would let him in and I didnt lock my door to my apartment since it was on the top floor so he could get in and he knew the room I wanted them in.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 03:49:30 PM by angieskidney » Logged

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 01:17:24 AM »

Heph is changing over to the night cycler next week which I think should be really good for us, all that extra freedom.  :D

??? I was just wondering, is there more "stuff" to be delivered than on CAPD?

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 02:08:01 AM »

Heph is changing over to the night cycler next week which I think should be really good for us, all that extra freedom.  :D

??? I was just wondering, is there more "stuff" to be delivered than on CAPD?

been so long since I was on CAPD ... I don't think more stuff .. just different stuff.

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2006, 08:57:47 AM »

HI H-L-L,  Well, the dialysate bag  for the cycler are alot bigger so the boxes only carry 2 per box so i usually get delivered 30 - 40 cases of that alone, plus we get the cassettes, drain bags, extensions (be sure you get those) drain line (in case it doesnt reach the bathroom or wherever you place the line to drain)  and all the other stuff as normal.  But girlfriend, let me tell you, once the Hephman is on that cycler, your not going to care what they send you,  you will notice how much freedom you have and your going to L O V E IT.............Good Luck to ya both.....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Hephs-little-lady

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 09:45:03 AM »

Hi Goofynina,  :D

:-\ I was kind of thinking that the bonuses were going to far out do the negatives on the cycler so I guess even if the delivery takes over our small apartment, we'll only have to sleep here as soon as Heph gets on the cycler next week as we can be out having fun and causing as much trouble as possible in the big wide world during daylight hours!  :o  ;D

Thanx for your help.

Hope you are having a good weekend.  :P

H-L-L  :)

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
Panda_9

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 05:54:33 PM »

I was living in a one bedroom flat (double garage made into a flat) when I was on the cycler. The boxes were a bit of a pain but if the cycler works for you then you are not going to care. I used to get fortnightly deliveries which made it a heap easier. No way I could of fit a months worth into the flat. And on the times they didn't deliver a months worth by mistake, it had to stay outside until I had used half of it, which I didn't like doing, and in laws didn't like them being there either, mustn't of matched their decor  :-\
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 07:43:03 PM »

I was living in a one bedroom flat (double garage made into a flat) when I was on the cycler. The boxes were a bit of a pain but if the cycler works for you then you are not going to care. I used to get fortnightly deliveries which made it a heap easier. No way I could of fit a months worth into the flat. And on the times they didn't deliver a months worth by mistake, it had to stay outside until I had used half of it, which I didn't like doing, and in laws didn't like them being there either, mustn't of matched their decor  :-\
Ya when you put in your order you can ask for more often deliveries so they can be smaller ;)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Hephs-little-lady

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 12:09:02 AM »

apartmentyour help. We do already get fortnightly deliveries, but it is a small appartment and even with two weeks of supplies it looks like a warehouse. They delivered for a month once, once was enough, we could hardly get into the bedroom.  ::) But like you say Amber79, if it works for us we won't care!  :D

Thanx again amber79 and angieskidney for you help and advice.

Hope you are both doing well.

H-L-L

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 12:16:41 AM »

Hi H-L-L,   What helped me alot was we bought a heavy duty shelf from the hardware store, about $30.00 and as the supplies came, we open the boxes and stacked them on the shelves,  It makes it sooo much easier when it is time for hookup, they are all right there ready and waiting,  not all of them will fit on the shelf but a majority of your shipment will, then you can get rid of those boxes (my hubby cuts the bottom and flattens them all out then binds them) and as that supply dwindles down (and it does fast) you just open the other boxes and stack those up, by that time, you will be getting ready for another delivery,  i will try and take a pic of my supplies on my shelf so you can see what i mean.   Let me us know how your doing ok,  i am really excited for you and the Hephman,   ;)

www.kidneyoogle.com
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2006, 11:47:33 PM »

Hi Heph and his Little Lady :)     Just wondering how PD training is going for you guys?  Dont forget to let us know, i am sure i am not the only one wondering,,,, hope to hear from you soon,,,,,

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 12:33:05 AM »

Hi H-L-L,   What helped me alot was we bought a heavy duty shelf from the hardware store, about $30.00 and as the supplies came, we open the boxes and stacked them on the shelves,  It makes it sooo much easier when it is time for hookup, they are all right there ready and waiting,  not all of them will fit on the shelf but a majority of your shipment will, then you can get rid of those boxes (my hubby cuts the bottom and flattens them all out then binds them) and as that supply dwindles down (and it does fast) you just open the other boxes and stack those up, by that time, you will be getting ready for another delivery,  i will try and take a pic of my supplies on my shelf so you can see what i mean.   Let me us know how your doing ok,  i am really excited for you and the Hephman,   ;)
I would have found that hard to be able to tell how much to order if I took them out of the boxes. But when the boxes were empty I had my friend Dave come by to break down the heavy duty boxes.

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 12:47:49 AM »

If i am delieverd 30 boxes, 15 boxes goes on the shelf and the remaining boxes are stacked up against a wall, so when it is time for me to order, i look how many boxes are on the wall and how many bags i have, no problemo, easy peasy lemon squeezy....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »