I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2024, 01:36:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  relationships
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: relationships  (Read 31510 times)
annabanana

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2008, 10:47:48 AM »

"RichardMelt-my-heart"  GOOD ONE, Paris!  :rofl;

He certainly won't be lacking for romance when he visits!!!

caregiver to Randy:
HepC and stage 4 ckd
1 kidney removed (cancer)Aug07
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2008, 11:20:26 AM »

Well, Anna, sounds like if we can get RichardMelt-my-heart to come over, we can promise him a really good time!! We will have the ladies lined up and waiting!

This RichardMel guy is just the hottest thing - he likes to cuddle  :cuddle; , he always says just the right thing, and he loves and is loved by Celeste  :guitar: . This guy is one special guy.

RichardMelt-my-heart (like your posts so frequently do), count me in as one of your (not so) secret admirers !  :waving; :-*

Alene

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2008, 11:40:46 AM »

That girl (the booter) eeds to have her head examined!  :sir ken; to her!

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »

RM...how do you feel about acquiring a "harem" of cuddlers????   :rofl;  :rofl;

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »

I have to give credit; I think Lucinda called Richard that first.  It just seems so appropriate.  Such a sweetie!!   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Robby712

« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2008, 05:24:15 PM »

Richard Mel is the Don Juan of I Hate Dialysis.  This man has you all wrapped around his little finger...good work man.  :clap;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »

Wait a minute!  >:( Do I have to ban Richard Melt Mel to get more attention around here?  ::) geeeeez and I thought I was popular  :'( :'( :'( What did I do so wrong  ??? oh boy oh boy wait til I get my hands on RM....  :boxing; And I suppose he thinks I'm going to share doesn't he. Well maybe for the right price in AMERICAN dollars I must remind you.     ;) >:D       :rofl;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2008, 07:32:57 PM »

Sluff, maybe is was your mighty weapon you mentioned in another post that scared them all off. I TOLD you to cover it!  :rofl;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2008, 08:42:36 PM »

Hoss has always been my HERO........do you cuddle???   :waving;

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
GOD IS GOOD
highlite36

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2008, 08:43:08 PM »

Sluff baby, all you need to do is tell everyone that you've been in the hospital and you need all of the wonderful beautiful ladies of IHD to "help" you feel a little better!!!  

ESRD February 2002
Transplant from living non-related donor November 7, 2002
Lost transplant April 2005
Diagnosed with Heart Failure February 2006
Currently on Peritoneal Dialysis, awaiting to be well enough to FINALLY get placed
on the Transplant List.  :-)  I can't wait!!!!
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »

hmmmm a cuddle (or three) in every state... I could handle that. Is that the flirts version of "a girl in every port"??? uh oh I could get a very BAD reputation out of all this... Maybe I should just stay single and far away......

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2008, 08:46:15 PM »

Gosh darnit and the Aussie dollar just lost about 20% against the US Dollar in the last little while :( This is going to cost me big time... and to think I just saw United now fly non stop from Melbourne to LA (well will do over the new year,anyway). hmmm...

Anna has a daughter???? uh oh that could get real dangerous. Paris I am waiting for the full resumes and photo folios!! If they're going to fight over me perhaps Sluff can provide the bikinis and jelly???

OK that's just gone a bit wrong !!! >:D >:D >:D

*blush at everyone's kind words and I love the melt thing.. clever whoever came up with it*

Really, I am not worthy... I mean there's flip and sluff and joe paul and zacb and heck even Staufenberg!!!

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »

Sluff baby, all you need to do is tell everyone that you've been in the hospital and you need all of the wonderful beautiful ladies of IHD to "help" you feel a little better!!!  

You have a point there..hmmm..I did manage to get 2 threads over that hospital stay didn't I.  :)  >:D
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2008, 10:21:56 PM »

Sluff, we are just giving you a little rest time.  We want you stong and able, so just let us know when you are up to speed :rofl;   We don't want your BP skyrocketing again :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2008, 12:09:23 AM »

Yes my BP has been a little high thinking about Paris' daughters and now Anna's daughter!

>:D >:D >:D >:D

G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2008, 05:52:42 PM »

Yes sluff...work that hospital stay..... :clap;

ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
GOD IS GOOD
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2008, 08:36:10 PM »

Richard---- what kind of jelly?
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2008, 08:57:59 PM »

When I think about Australia, Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter) comes to mind. Richard may be hunting something other than crocs.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2008, 08:22:38 PM »

"Be vewy vewy quiet... we're hunting daughters...."  :urcrazy;

Oh no wait it's duck season isn't it? no, rabbit season... DUCK SEASON!!

Oh you know how that goes....

:Kit n Stik;

Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2008, 02:30:55 AM »

RichM.....I am devastated.  How long have I been calling you RichardMelt my Heart?  I can't believe you forgot where it came from.  I said that to you the first night I met you....That's how much our date meant to you....I am just going to have to cry into my pillow every night now.  That's it.....I am loving Sluff from now on.  And to think I was considering coming down to see you next week to cheer you up!!!  I have been traded in for all these gorgeous young women on the other side of the world.  I feel SOOOOOO Old right now.

Seriously though, anyone who gets RM is getting a really special gorgeous guy.  I am proud to call him my friend - even if our date meant nothing to him!!!!

I met my husband three years ago and to say we did it tough in the early stages is an understatement.  I haven't started dialysis yet but he has watched three of my family members including my father pass away from renal disease since I met him.  Although he was aware of the future, he has now witnessed the reality and if anything it has made him less selfish and more considerate as time has gone on.  I start dialysis in November and we are heading to Europe for the whole of October which is really exciting.  But I say this to everyone.  How a partner or perspective partner handles your problem is not your problem.  If they can't handle it, it is usually because they have their own issues and it is easier to blame it on your issues.  Someone with little or no baggage will have no problems with handling your problems if they really care about you.  I went out with a man once who had shocking scarring....but the most important part of him had no scars at all....his heart.  I adored him but he stopped going out with me because he had issues not me.  Trust me.....the nice ones won't let dialysis get in the way or a loving relationship.  God, if I was 20 years younger, single, perfectly healthy and met RichardM.....I would grab him with both arms and not let him go.  If this disease does nothing else, it makes us appreciate and accept people for who they are.  I have been lucky enough to meet Richard and I just loved him.  I assure you he is just as lovely in real space as he is in cyber space and a really nice girl is going to find that and fall in love with him the way he deserves.  I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Keep you chin up Rich and if you promise to be nice to me, I might just consider coming down to see you soon. xxxx

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2008, 04:09:13 AM »

:p

lol

how can you say our date meant nothing to me??? I cherish it so much... such a special evening... lovely food... lovely company.... if you weren't married and 20... hold on I'm only like 10 years younger than you WHAT THE..>???  :p

So glad your hubby is now being more supportive and considerate that is really great to hear. Europe in October... I am horribly envious!!! :)

well done! :)

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2008, 07:19:10 PM »

RichardMel is now RomeoMel :rofl; :rofl;
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »

Trust me.....the nice ones won't let dialysis get in the way or a loving relationship.  God, if I was 20 years younger, single, perfectly healthy and met RichardM.....I would grab him with both arms and not let him go.  If this disease does nothing else, it makes us appreciate and accept people for who they are. 

Well said Cindy!  :thumbup;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Mariposa

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »

I think with all relationships there has to be alot of understanding. I met my soulmate 7 years ago. I was honest with him and told him about my dialysis as we got to know each other he educated himself on the dialysis process and even surprised me by showing up at my dialysis center to find out more about my treatments and all that I had to go through.
There are days when life is not easy but we make the best of it. I love to garden,  he loves photography I plant and he documents my garden :).
I stopped feeling unattractive the day I showed him my scars and he kissed them. I have been blessed to find someone that is understanding of my situation and is supportive in the good and bad times.
I know both sides of the coin for I was in an unhealthy relationship for 21 years and was reminded everyday of what a burden my illness was.
There is hope and the right person for everyone :)

Love Is Like A Butterfly }i{
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »