I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:00:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What if...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if...  (Read 14111 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: July 09, 2006, 12:27:47 AM »

What if...
     the hokey pokey is what it is all about?
     Star Trek really is out there somewhere?
     What if my tongue could touch my nose?
            Would I use it as a kleenex?
     what if this is it?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 12:39:54 AM »

What if...
     what if this is it?
I can touch my nose with my tongue but I don't use it as a kleenex ;) and I know I will live a long time. I don't know how but I just know .. we all have our time and we must spend it wisely and never assume that tomorrow will turn into another day and another. Live each day like your last .. but at the same time .. don't worry .. all things happen for a reason ;)

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 02:19:12 AM »

What if this is NOT it?   ???

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 04:35:07 AM »

This is not it.  But if we find it during this, we get to fully enjoy it, when it comes.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 07:02:34 AM »

If we find it, why can't we enjoy it now?  ???

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 08:33:02 PM »

Notice I said "fully" enjoy it.  Of course you can enjoy it now.  I am definitely enjoying it. because I found it.  But when it comes, then things will be JAMMING!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 10:14:24 PM »

Is it available on ebay? 
Can you find it on TV?
Just what is it?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
jdat

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 02:14:42 AM »

You need to rename the thread title to:

Unsolved Mysteries!
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 02:53:51 AM »

You need to rename the thread title to:

Unsolved Mysteries!
hahaha

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 06:23:38 AM »

Is it available on ebay? 
Can you find it on TV?
Just what is it?

Definitely not on eBay!
Hardly on TV!

Here is the answer to the mystery -

IT is the purpose of being; the centre of the universe; the eternal plan.
Actually IT is a person.

Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 09:52:15 AM »

Woo Hoo Yeah, I know who it is!  ;D

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 07:43:57 PM »

WOAH,,,WAIT A GOSH DARN MINUTE, I AM LOST HERE (shaddup Epoman)  :P  What the heck are you all talking about?  the joke at the beginning? 

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 09:20:44 PM »

WOAH,,,WAIT A GOSH DARN MINUTE, I AM LOST HERE (shaddup Epoman)  :P  What the heck are you all talking about?  the joke at the beginning? 
I've been lost all along waiting for the punch line ;)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 10:30:16 PM »

Wondered if anyone would get it...at last the people with the sense of humor read the post correctly.
I was just trying to be funny for awhile.  It just did not work, huh?

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 10:32:29 PM »

Ohhhh great, now i feel even more dumber (shaddup Epoman)  :P  WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:24 AM »

Hey Goofynina don't feel stupid.  I was not talking about anything really with the first post in this topic.  Just had a thought and put it down. Dangerous thing to do...think... Just messing with your mind.  I am pretty good at it, huh?

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 01:00:59 AM »

Hell yah you are, i dont know how many times i read them posts trying to figure out who or what IT was,  lol,  had me going girlfriend....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 03:30:55 AM »

What if...
     what if this is it?

Yeah, I took it as you being philosophical.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 10:37:43 AM »

It could be taken either way.  I suppose if you must.

You know the Hokey Pokey is a silly dance.  So if you dance through your life, you must be having some kind of fun.  Shake that money-maker!

Ever think Star Trek might really happen on Earth? Peace and prosperity for everyone on Earth?

If I could touch my tongue to my nose I would make money betting people if I could do it or not.  No, I would not use it as kleenex,  EEEWWW!

I don't believe this is all there is. If it is, then I am in deep kimshi here.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

girlfriend

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 01:32:13 AM »

Kitkatz

I think ya did pretty good getting everyone going.. Well done.. maybe it even took their minds off things to enjoy the  "what if" part of life.. Reminds me of the movie.. "The Butterfly Effect" What would of happened if i did "this" instead of "that".. ahhhhhhh  the paths our lives would of taken!!

Good on ya Girl LOL

Barb

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff........
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 02:36:00 AM »

Kitkatz

I think ya did pretty good getting everyone going.. Well done.. maybe it even took their minds off things to enjoy the  "what if" part of life.. Reminds me of the movie.. "The Butterfly Effect" What would of happened if i did "this" instead of "that".. ahhhhhhh  the paths our lives would of taken!!

Good on ya Girl LOL

Barb
I often think "what if I wasn't born with kidney reflux?" then I would have probably been a selfish rebel who didn't care about others and thought everything in life is unfair. Yet, instead I thank God for keeping me alive and am blessed with this understanding of people with ill health and since I was a home-body I got to meet the man of my dreams on a place I would never have looked considering I had a boyfriend every 6 months ... but where else do home-bodies who are online all the time meet someone? On-line of course :P

Life really did not go the direction I thought it would but it is just like an email I just read about a carpenter who was making wood crates for clothes his church was sending to Africa to poor people. When he got home afterwards he was upset to learn he lost his glasses that he just had bought that morning and was already sealed up and sent. He asked God why did this happen! He just bought them and it was during the depression so not like he could really go out and get new ones so easily. A while later (days? Months? a year?) a priest came back from Africa and talked about how thankful he was for the help with the crates and especaillly this one particular one. He was getting awful headaches and needed glasses but couldn't get them in Africa where he was. He and a bunch of them prayed but thought there was no way. Then teh crate came. He was very thankful. The guy who lost his glasses didn't say anything but realized that we don't always know the reason for things. Everything happens for a reason

Just thought I would say that ;)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
girlfriend

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 03:35:25 AM »

Well said  Angie,

I to often think about how my life may of tuned out if i had not gotten sick.. I got very ill when i was about 20 years old.. just starting to spread my wings so to speak..
Well I tell ya this sure set me back.. But again I am thankful for being here now, I have learned lots and look at the world with different eyes now thats for sure.. I probable would of been a rebel  (hehehehe) well not to sure.. but I have no regrets on how my life has tuned out for the shape it was in...

I try to look on the bright side of things most of the time.. like not bitchin about having no shoes  when i look over and see someone who doesn't need shoes cuz they got no feet...

so I feel very lucky to have what I have and to be where i am in my time of life..
You make a valid point..

Thanks
Barb / girlfriend

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff........
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 05:05:52 AM »

Well said  Angie,

I to often think about how my life may of tuned out if i had not gotten sick.. I got very ill when i was about 20 years old.. just starting to spread my wings so to speak..
Well I tell ya this sure set me back.. But again I am thankful for being here now, I have learned lots and look at the world with different eyes now thats for sure.. I probable would of been a rebel  (hehehehe) well not to sure.. but I have no regrets on how my life has tuned out for the shape it was in...

I try to look on the bright side of things most of the time.. like not bitchin about having no shoes  when i look over and see someone who doesn't need shoes cuz they got no feet...

so I feel very lucky to have what I have and to be where i am in my time of life..
You make a valid point..

Thanks
Barb / girlfriend
Exactly!!!

I realize how lucky I am every time I go to dialysis or to the hospital for any other reasons like tests and such! Last time I had to go to have my fistula looked at, there was a lady there who's son used to bring Jaime and I donuts every Friday until I was moved to the other unit (the "Self Care" unit) and she was in because her fistula stopped circulation to her hand and she had to have all her fingers amputed! I realized then how lucky I am! Then in my unit there is another lady who has lost all her toes on one foot and a toe on the other foot and was telling me how hard it is for her to find the right shoe size!

Yes, we have to be thankful for what we have! And to remember that this is just our body and looks are the most important thing in our lives! We have so much more to be thankful for!!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 04:15:59 PM »

What if....OMG,   :o    there was no internet????  *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)
Whew, but there is..........
What if....OMG,     :o    there was no dialysis???? *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)
What if....OMG,     :o   Epoman never started ihatedialysis.com?????   *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)

WHEW, THANK GOD ALL MIGHTY HE DID AND THERE IS  :)

God Bless you Epoman and Thank You!!!!    ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 04:39:38 PM by goofynina » Logged

www.kidneyoogle.com
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »

What if....OMG,   :o    there was no internet????  *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)
What if....OMG,     :o    there was no dialysis???? *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)
What if....OMG,     :o   Epoman never started ihatedialysis.com?????   *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)

WHEW, THANK GOD ALL MIGHTY HE DID AND THERE IS  :)

God Bless you Epoman and Thank You!!!!    ;)

What if "goofynina" never joined.  :o *THWOMP* (faints at the thought)

But she did and this site is BETTER because of her.  :-*

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »