I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:01:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Wildfire Victims and Evacuees
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wildfire Victims and Evacuees  (Read 3343 times)
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« on: September 03, 2017, 09:36:27 PM »

Been reading about the wildfires in Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho and Montana. Are there more?? Hope any members of ihd are all safe and doing okay. Hope they are getting their dialysis treatments. For those in Washington I can say you have some of the best firefighters because I personally know of a few. This has been SOME weekend!

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 05:13:11 AM »

The fires have been going on for some time now. And SFO was over 100* this weekend!

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 09:58:22 PM »

It is so smokey here in Spokane, WA.  The ash is falling like it was Mount St. Helens all over again.  I have a Rainbow vacuum cleaner that has a mode for cleaning the air.  I have it on continuously.  The sun is orange.  The moon is orange.  It seems the last 3 summers have been ruined by smoke. 

Now to count blessings:

We have power, we have clean water, we have food, we are not having to evacuate.  Dialysis is still open.

:bow; 

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 10:34:45 PM »

I wonder if Ionizers would help clean the air indoors. They also act like an a/c. I have asthma and they have helped me. I keep them on all nite. The blowing sound also helps me sleep and drowns out street noise. Got ours at Walmart, it's called The Curve. Breathing in all that smoke can't be good. Maybe keep a damp cloth handy to act like a mask or filter over your nose and mouth whenever you have to step outside. Ask about eye drops like artificial tears to soothe the eyes. Stay away from drops that include "astringents" in them. Those can burn. Maybe use lubricating eye drops. I really feel for you guys... :pray;

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 04:13:46 AM »

Been reading about the wildfires in Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho and Montana. Are there more?? Hope any members of ihd are all safe and doing okay. Hope they are getting their dialysis treatments. For those in Washington I can say you have some of the best firefighters because I personally know of a few. This has been SOME weekend!
I keep my fingers crossed and hoping that everyone in need of dialysis-treatments is doing ok.
All the best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »