I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Solar Eclipse
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Solar Eclipse  (Read 8300 times)
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »

I am already looking forward to 2024.   Yeah, I know - silly for a D patient to be doing this far out.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 07:53:07 PM »

7 years isn't that far off.  I expect to see it.

I saw the projected path and was surprised.  It makes sense what with figuring the seasonal tilt of the planet the path is going to be from the SW to the NE.

Again, our house will be in the path.  Maybe not full totality this time but still it should be another impressive sight.
Cupcake

a good year for Chevys

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2017, 04:18:52 PM »

I'm vacationing in South Carolina, so Monday I drove back roads thru the 'low country' to totality. Interstate 95 was jammed up so I avoided it.  Happened across a big party in the football stadium of South Carolina state university and saw totality with a big excited crowd, marching band, the mayor, etc. was really fun, beautiful drive.

PD for 2 years then living donor transplant October 2018.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2017, 03:08:20 AM »

Most times the 'Back Roads' are the best roads.

Freeways are fine if you are in a hurry or driving a huge vehicle, like a semi.  But if you really want to see things of interest, enjoy the drive.  Small town America has everything that was left aside in societies rush to get from one huge population center to the next huge city.

The only time the freeway is useful is when I want to really lean on the throttle and let my Big Block El Camino, or my Supercharged Harley, give me that rush of acceleration to a surprisingly quick top speed.  By then I have already caught up with traffic and have to slow it down to a more reasonable (SLOW) speed as I cannot trust the rest of those drivers to exercise sufficient caution not to make an unsignaled lane change and cause an accident.  Still gotta be careful, at any speed.
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2017, 07:59:55 AM »

You were in my part of the country, Cupcake!  The low country is my favorite part of South Carolina!  That and Charleston. 

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »