I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Mood swings
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mood swings  (Read 12697 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: July 05, 2006, 01:05:59 AM »

There is a lot of mention of mood swings on the board lately.  So I thought I would start the topic off.

I just thought I was being a $%&*^ when I get a mood swing.  Instead it could be related to the toxicity in the body or to the meds I am taking.  Sometimes I think I am going to go completely around the bend and not come back!  Tonight is one of those nights.  I am feeling.....crazy, mixed up, and frantic all at once.

Oh well.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 03:26:54 PM »

I am having trouble telling when Joe is having mood swings due to dialysis stuff or is just being an a$$.   ???

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 05:58:25 PM »

I thought "mood swings" were associated more with Transplant drugs.  I'm a bi*** most of the time, so I can't tell.  8)

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:38:45 PM »

I am a B***h too most of the time, so who can tell the difference.  Except when I burst into tears over stupid stuff like a cat food commercial.  Morris was lost and the little girl missed him.  AAAAh!
Or the hubby says something in the wrong way to me and I snap back.  PMS makes it even worse.  Oh Lordy!

Katherine
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:59:59 AM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:30:04 PM »

Hi Kitkatz,  i know what you mean about those darn commercials,   there is one that if i even THINK about it i burst in tears.  I was wondering if you've seen it,  they really dont show it anymore, damn, i wish i would've recorded it,   It was about a man who was talking to a Dr. and the Dr. was explaining how the patient needed a hip replacement or something like that and the guy was all concerned and about the patients well being,   and then they show him carrying his dog,  OMG,  SEEEEE, THERE GOES THE TEARS ALREADY....  those animal commercials really get to me, and those darn Folgers commercials, when he is in the military and he comes home early in the morning and makes coffee and his mom gets up and is all surprised,  blah blah blah,,, WAH WAH WAH, is more like it, lol,   

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 12:09:36 AM »

Oh yes, that Folgers Commercial got me ,too. The movie Message in a Bottle is a real tear jerker, too.
I needed lots of kleenex for that one.  Disney's the Fox and the Hound does me in every time.  I can't watch it without tearing up.  Sometimes I think I am going straight to crazyville.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 12:20:06 AM »

Well, i am sure we will meet there... Have you ever seen Bridges of Madison County,   the most recent tear jerker is The Notebook,  WOW,  that was awesome...

www.kidneyoogle.com
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 11:57:26 AM »

I am having trouble telling when Joe is having mood swings due to dialysis stuff or is just being an a$$. ???

Sara, I wonder this about Heph too! Sometimes it seems too convenient to be blamed all on ESRF.  :o

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 12:33:32 PM »

With all the stress around here, no wonder I am wonder bit**.  Maybe I should change the superhero name to SuperBit**.  Who knows?

Katherine
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 10:00:27 AM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 01:05:05 PM »

With all the stress around here, no wonder I am wonder bit**.  Maybe I should change the superhero name to SuperBit**.  Who knows?\

Katherine

You're allowed to say BITCH!  ;) >:D

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 03:25:52 PM »

You're allowed to say BITCH!  ;) >:D

- Epoman
Did you run that by Aunty Bajanne first, young man?

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 03:56:05 PM »

OOOOOH Auntie Bajanne, Epoman said the B word...

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 10:13:30 PM »

I was trying to keep it PG rated around here.  Being that a nine year old kid is aboard. Ya Know! But since I have permission.....Bitch, bitch, bitch!

lifenotonthelist.com

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 12:11:53 AM »

I was trying to keep it PG rated around here.  Being that a nine year old kid is aboard. Ya Know! But since I have permission.....Bitch, bitch, bitch!

Yeah believe me my son has heard ALOT worse come out of my mouth.  :o My son may be nine but he acts like a 16 year old.  ;D

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
jdat

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 09:40:05 AM »

When I was on prednisone from november 2004 till february 2005 I was the meanest and most honest cat alive.

At my office people learned to stay away from me and I had a couple situations of anger outburst but in the end it brought some of us together because we were more honest so yeah being a b***** can help sometimes  >:D

Not sure if I was just loopy cause of the lack of sleep with the meds  ( 20 minutes a night is tuff to live on  ;D ).

Between the time were I quit prednisone and restarted it couple weeks ago due to the transplant I have remained very honest with people brutally honest! I tell people in line at the supermarket to shut up and learn to be patient if they start complaining about a 2 minute wait. I have become the kind of character who just doesn't give a hoot  :-*

Now that I'm back on prednisone I have been good so far, but wednesday when I came home from the hospital the first thing I heard were people outside manifesting about something ( damn unions  ;) ). I went to the window and yelled STFU  :o
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 06:53:03 PM »

Which language did you use to say that?

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
jdat

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 11:32:22 PM »

Which language did you use to say that?

the STFU was in french cause I'm in France duhhhh  :P
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 12:01:13 AM »

I find I was moodiest when I was on Prednisone. But when I feel crappy after dialysis (HD in clinic) I get grumpy. Also it seems that if I say "maybe it is related to ESRD" I get annoyed when my mom or others say "sure blame it on that! Nice excuse!"  :-[

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 12:13:19 AM »

Yeah, yeah, blame it on ESRD.  Why not?  It probably is the underlying cause of a lot of stuff in our lives.  I try not to go there alot, but sometimes it is just they way things are.  Tell your Mom I said to be more patient with you. lol  Not that it will help a damn thing!

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »

Yeah, yeah, blame it on ESRD.  Why not?  It probably is the underlying cause of a lot of stuff in our lives.  I try not to go there alot, but sometimes it is just they way things are.  Tell your Mom I said to be more patient with you. lol  Not that it will help a damn thing!

Katherine
Ever since my mom saw how hard of a time I was having on Hemo in clinic (my bp dropped to 83/29) she is nicer to me lol :)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 04:50:23 PM »

*bump*

After reading this thread I decided to post something about mood swings .. but then when I looked (searched) for this thread I realized I was the last one to post in it. Sorry for the bump .. but I have something on my mind.

Is it normal for people on Hemo Dialysis to be moodier than people on Peritoneal Dialysis? Is it because it is not done as often. Or are people still very grumpy on home nocturnal hemo dialysis too??

Also .. for the younger ladies ... do you find you are more emotional than normal in general or only at certain times of the month? Just things I have noticed .. I want to know if I am odd..

Lately .. some people may have noticed I am emotional .. or .. dunno .. but I end up feeling bad and I worry I might be too moody for Jeff (Sandman).

When I am so moody I hate myself because I am not normally so bad. Things get to me .. what people say .. what people do .. how people react to me .. to what I do or say .. and just makes me kabo0m! (get mad)

I remember when I used to date this one guy named Jay, I was healthy at first (had a transplant) so he didn't know what he was getting into. Then when I got sick my hemoglobin dropped down to 1/2 of normal for women and I was so weak that when I tried to ride my bicycle I could not ride for more than 1 block (I am serious about that .. NO EXAGGERATION!!) and Jay started telling his friends I was lazy and how he wanted a stronger girlfriend, someone more independent and not so helpless.

I am glad I have Jeff now. But it takes a special person to put up with us moody dialysis folk!  :-[

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
sandman

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 05:21:51 PM »

Here Angie, read this.  It will help explain how and why I am able to with stand your aggressive mood swings.

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=716.msg9256#msg9256

Oh, and not to boast or anything but if you call that "bad mood swings" then my dealing with you and your mood swings will be a walk in the park vs growing up with 4 sisters.  Your going to have to get far, FAR worse if you want to intimidate me.  ;)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 05:47:52 PM »

I get explosive around that time of the month, it has gotten worse since I have been on dialysis, but then what hasn't.   I do notice mood swings are deeper and more to them than before.

lifenotonthelist.com

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 05:49:30 PM »

I get explosive around that time of the month, it has gotten worse since I have been on dialysis, but then what hasn't.   I do notice mood swings are deeper and more to them than before.
Ya! Wow I thought I was the only one! But the last 2 months especially .. I have noticed .. even if I post on those days and people get mad at me I take it sooooooooooooo personally!! And then I end up crying and all emotional .. then afterwards I am like "What the heck was so terrible about that?!?! WHy did I react like that??!?!"

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 05:51:33 PM »

Remeber you are adjusting to being on hemo and for a few months your blood work may be screwed with.  This can affect your moods.  Remember we all are here to support you even if we get off on a tangent at you.

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »