I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  Here, take a pill
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here, take a pill  (Read 8982 times)
AJ1963

« on: June 26, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »

I think my doctor thinks everything can be solved with a pill. And if that pill doesn't work, take this one instead. I got a basket full of half empty 'scrips I could probably sell on the street ( I would never).He doesn't seem to remember we gotta pay for them too. Anybody???
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 05:57:11 PM »

I think my doctor thinks everything can be solved with a pill. And if that pill doesn't work, take this one instead. I got a basket full of half empty 'scrips I could probably sell on the street ( I would never).He doesn't seem to remember we gotta pay for them too. Anybody???

Yeap, my doctor is very quick to just try new meds if one is not working. I remember when I first started taking BP meds I went through several types before I found the ones that work.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 08:25:07 PM »

My dialysis center doctor likes to give pills out for everything.  My neph wants me off pills.  I follow the nephs instructions.  I got out of my routine today and missed my pills this morning. BP was a little high when I left dialysis.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 08:56:25 PM »

This didn't take the first time.  Hummmmmmm

Anyway, only get a partil fill on your Rx.  That way if it isn't right for you, you don't waste your money and pills.

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 12:09:51 AM »

I am on disability in Canada and my drugs are covered but I have realized I don't need as many BP pills as I am on. I see the Neph so rarely that I lowered my dose myself and am doing fine. I am learning just lately that a lot of people are going through the same thing as me and that I am not alone. Another lady in my unit said she was so dizzy after dialysis she would litterally be crawling up her stairs on her hands and knees once she got home. She was so dehydrated her feet even cracked. Turns out her meds should have been adjusted a LOT sooner and so should her dialysis regiment! I know doctors are busy but it concerns me when our health is severely effected like this!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 01:20:03 AM »

I thought I was the only person collecting a lot of yellow slips (the colour of our prescriptions) in my handbag.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
jdat

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 10:02:23 AM »

I have a nice collection of Epo shots ( different dosages and brands ... I could go gangbusters with the cyclists  >:D ), bp meds and various other things.

Too bad there's no second hand market otherwise I could make a pretty penny  >:D

As I don't pay for my meds here I usually don't hesitate to fill a prescription which means that I end up with tons of unused meds because they get changed. It drives my mother crazy.
Each time she tells me to go bring them back to the pharmacy I keep thinking yeah yeah eventually ( the pharmacy properly disposes of the meds .... but the organization ( and pharmacies who participate in the program ) that handles  has been coming under heavy fire recently for repackaging the stuff and reselling it full price.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 11:31:43 PM »

I have a nice collection of Epo shots ( different dosages and brands ... I could go gangbusters with the cyclists  >:D ), bp meds and various other things.

Too bad there's no second hand market otherwise I could make a pretty penny  >:D

As I don't pay for my meds here I usually don't hesitate to fill a prescription which means that I end up with tons of unused meds because they get changed. It drives my mother crazy.
Each time she tells me to go bring them back to the pharmacy I keep thinking yeah yeah eventually ( the pharmacy properly disposes of the meds .... but the organization ( and pharmacies who participate in the program ) that handles  has been coming under heavy fire recently for repackaging the stuff and reselling it full price.
Ya same here. And now that I have switched to Hemo (in clinic) and they have switched me back to Eprex (Epo) I have all these extra needles (Aransp) since the unit likes to use all the same drugs (version of Erythropoetin) for hemoglobin...

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
jdat

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 01:54:48 AM »

Are these Aranesp shots the Sureclick kind?

Cause the sureclick succccccccccccks! It hurts so hard  >:D
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 05:05:01 PM »

Are these Aranesp shots the Sureclick kind?

Cause the sureclick succccccccccccks! It hurts so hard  >:D
no I don't think they are. They are just regular pre-filled needles with short tips

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
bluedove57

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 05:58:18 PM »

Today you have to tell your doctor what you need because they don't even look at the chart. Most doctors say take this pill and let me know how it works. :thumbdown;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »