I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:47:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Doctors
| | | |-+  I love my neph
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I love my neph  (Read 5896 times)
sugapea

« on: February 23, 2008, 01:46:32 PM »

My kidney Dr is great, I see him once a month for a quick check to go over my labs and how I'm feeling. He is always on time, always very nice and makes me feel like he's really on top of things. I also love my PD nurses at the center I go to once a month for labs. They are very friendly and helpful with all my questions.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:41:47 PM »

Me too! Mine is so awesome.  :2thumbsup;
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:40:01 PM »

Mine too!  He is great.  I see him twice a week while at dialysis.  I go to dialysis at 5 am and he usually shows up at least twice a week by 7 am.  You can tell he really cares about us.

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »

I love mine too!  We spend alot of time talking about everything but kidney disease, so he sees me as a person, not just a patient. He has met AlohaBeth and always asks about her and her adventures.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 10:47:17 AM »

Me too! Just before my first appointment with him, I ended up in the hospital, and was seen by the neph on call - different practice, too. I had to make a decision after getting out of the hospital if I wanted to continue with the one I had seen there or the one I was scheduled to see a week from then. I chose the one I had the appointment with (Dr. J, just to make it easier. Dr F was the one in the hospital).

While in the hospital for the transplant, I saw Dr. F again. I am SO glad I chose Dr. J! Turns out Dr. F has no sense of humor at all. On Halloween, Dr. J came into the room wearing a Conehead (as in the Saturday Night Live sketch); my husband and I told Dr. F about that (the two went to high school together), and Dr. F didn't even crack a smile. Whatever!

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »

I've got to echo the sentiment here.  I've had a number of nephs over the years most of whom have all been great.  I've been with my primary neph for over 9 years now.  He's a great guy and an inspiration as is the rest of his support staff.  They are a major part of why I'm here all these years later.  A good doc who knows what to do and when to do it is key to surviving and doing well with CKD.
Angelicfury

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:49:35 AM »

I love my Neph, but sometimes getting ahold of him is about as easy as a cat getting an ice cube on a porcelain floor. Very concerned and will go the extra step. I was in the hospital for a gram positive perm cath infection over a weekend and it just happened to be his weekend there also. We chatted for a while and had fun.

Has thou felt the fury of an Angel . . . .

In-center 7/7/08
4.5 hrs 3x wk
Formerly 161.8 Kg
Currently 129 Kg (dry)
Wayne

Martin (the snorer) & Mack (cat w/renal failure)

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 01:00:34 AM »

My neph when I lived in Houston was a joke.  I think he knew what he was doing but he never explained things well, even when you asked.  He never told me what my creat was, GFR, or most of the numbers we want to hear about.  Unfortunately, I didn't know anything different so I didn't even know to ask.  But when we moved up to Dallas and I found my current neph, he and the other faculty rocks.  They take the time to explain everything, they are always so helpful, and friendly while doing it.  They typically will give me copies of the labs without even asking.  I wish I would have found some of this caliber while I was in Houston.

Happily Married for 11 Wonderful Years!!! :-)
3/01 diagnosed with fsgs
7/07 listed
4/08 fistula surgery
10/08 pd catheter placed
12/08 started pd
2/09 started hemo
Mariposa

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:03:27 AM »

I sue to live in Virginia and I miss my Neph he was a wonderful doctor and person. Helped me through alot and i have bee through ALOT. I moved to CT 7 years ago not by choice and my Neph is olay but not the same. I see him at the dialysis clinic and he is always in a hurry.

Love Is Like A Butterfly }i{
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »