I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 02:19:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  financial help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: financial help  (Read 2536 times)
Grey Ghost

« on: February 21, 2008, 08:05:45 PM »

I think my social worker need kicked in angus area.  She was supposed to get the american kidney fund to pay my insurance deductible but didn't.  Then file an extension with my( cobra) insurance company and didn't.  Un-sign me to medicare to keep my cobra insurance and didn't do that either ,I had to pay for medicare anyway and couldn't use it.  Now that my insurance is about to expire I have to re apply for medicare.  Today I find out I could have been reimbursed fordrivig expensies and meds if she had told me.  I am impoverished due to this kidney failure and virtually starving,  Is there any way to find out how many other benefits I am not getting because of Davita's greed and neglect.   before the lights go out....getting hungry in houston
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »

Sorry to hear of the problems.  I am in Houston too - what center are you dealing with?

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 04:31:40 AM »

Start with a new social worker. Can you or someone you know contact a local church or salvation army or red cross and get a food voucher for groceries? Something that may work temporary until you get this all ironed out. Hang in there GG.  :grouphug;
angellady07

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 06:26:01 AM »

I'm so sorry about your situation. Traci and Sluff have given you great advice. I wish I had more to offer. Please keep us posted.  :cuddle;
The Wife

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 06:42:43 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this.  You might also want to check with a community centre.  They've helped me in the past but I'm in Canada and don't know what is available where you live. 
Grey Ghost

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 08:25:51 PM »

I am in houston I go to the jacinto city dialysis center on market street
scooter26

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »

I hope things are better.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 03:00:35 AM by scooter26 » Logged
st789

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

Hope things will get better for you.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 06:26:30 AM »

I cant give advice on grants or anything because im in the  :ukflag; and things are different here. I would ask at your renal unit for some help as others must be in your position , i think that would be your first starting point , they must know who you can contact to sort this mess out ..good luck

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
angellady07

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »

Grey Ghost how are doing ?
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »

GG - I haven't been to that center.  I live pretty far from there, about 50 miles.  However, I did train at the Davita Med Center, down by Methodist.  I know the social worker there is very helpful, I think her name is Jane.  Just a thought, there is a great outreach from Bread of Life at St. John’s United Methodist Church.  They offer food there for those who need help temporarily.  You may not need that, but I just wanted to mention it.  Other than that, I would sit on your social worker until they explain to you everything you are entitled to and anything you need to do yourself.  Write it down, there is alot to remember.  Good luck.

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 04:49:42 AM »

Grey Ghost
Sorry to hear what your having to go through. I wish I could help but I live in the UK where thankfully we don't have this kind of insurance beaurocracy. This social worker has a lot to answer for. If you contacted her employer would they be prepared to make amends to you in some way? If not I would say you have valid cause for a court action against the company. In the short term it sounds like you need some kind of social rescue package due to the incompetance of this social worker. Please keep us posted.  :cuddle; 

Ken
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 06:37:06 AM »

Grey Ghost
Sorry to hear what your having to go through. I wish I could help but I live in the UK where thankfully we don't have this kind of insurance beaurocracy. This social worker has a lot to answer for. If you contacted her employer would they be prepared to make amends to you in some way? If not I would say you have valid cause for a court action against the company. In the short term it sounds like you need some kind of social rescue package due to the incompetance of this social worker. Please keep us posted.  :cuddle; 
That is exactly what I was thinking as I read about your situation.  There should be some type of re-imbusement.  it wasn't your fault.  Let us know how you are doing, please.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »