I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  TRIBUTES FOR MEMBERS LOST
| |-+  Tributes For Susie "Goofynina" Trevino
| | |-+  Light A Candle For Susie
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Light A Candle For Susie  (Read 18815 times)
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« on: February 17, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »

Please light a candle for our Susie. I think this is such a nice touch. Cut and paste the link below and towards the bottom of the page is where the candles are. I think these will let Sam and the rest of Susie's family know just how many lives she touched all over the world.

http://jaychapel.com/?p=obituary_view&id=49261

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:10:16 AM »

Your comments could be a comfort to the family. 
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »

I hate to sound so stupd but how do you light a candle?
I clicked them but nothing happened.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 10:56:22 AM »

On the left lower side of the obituary there is a candle (a larger one above rows of smaller ones.)
Click the sentence that says Light a candle by adding your thoughts and memories and a box should open for you to add your message.
I hope that helps.
To read other messages there is a line to click right below her photo that says View all candles - nice to see all the notes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 11:24:49 AM by okarol » Logged

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 11:32:43 AM »

Thanks for the link. I will also be lighting a real candle in her memory to symbolize guidance into her new life.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 01:27:53 PM »

Something must be wrong here. When I click view all candles
or the sentence by the larger candle nothing happens.  I tried a left
click and a right click also.  nothing. 

while I am doing this.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »

O.B.,
I just went there to try it out, and it works for me.  Try this:
--You MUST be on the funeral home's website (it won't work for the picture that okarol scanned for us here)  you must type in (in your search browser) http://jaychapel.com/?p=obituary view&id=49261
--Once on the site, look on the left site for "Past Obituaries"  and click here
--Look for "Susan Trevino" and click here
--on the left side, you'll see a picture of Goofy and Sam.  Under this it lists the "Funeral Information."
  Next, you'll see a big candle with "Light a candle..."  THIS IS THE ONE TO CLICK ON
   Under the big candle, you'll see a couple of rows of little candles.  You can click on these to read what others wrote.

Let me know if this helps.

petey
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »

Thanks for the help O'Karol and Petey.
I got it to work. 

while I am doing this.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 07:51:54 PM »

glad you could light a candle, O.B.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 04:27:53 AM »

Thank you williwwinnie, I lit a candle.
MiSSis

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »

Being able to light a candle for Susie reminded me of something that I wished I'd thought about sooner. 

I was hospitalized 4+ years ago with complications following my 4th parathyroidectomy.  I had been released from the hospital after only 2 days and hadn't realized how anemic I'd become.  I have a history of heart problems and the severe anemia caused me to have a rather significant heart attack.  My heart was so weak my cardiologist had to implant a balloon pump for several days.  The balloon pump performs the pumping action of the heart and allows the heart muscle to rest and recover.  As a result of the trauma, I lost the function in my kidney transplant of almost 16 years.  Anyway, I was pretty sick. 

So here's the crux of my message.  While I was in the hospital, I started to receive on-line messages from members of another website that I belong to.  They had found a link at the hospital website that allowed them to send messages to a patient.  The nurses who delivered these to me in the ICU were amazed.  They'd heard about the possibility but had never had anyone actually take advantage of the service. 

I just wish I'd thought of this sooner to see if such a thing would have been available for Susie.   :'(

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."  Helen Keller
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »

I have lit my candle,what a nice thing to be able to do for those of us far away. I have never seen this before in the UK. It gives me some comfort to be able to show i cared because i am to far away to attend the funeral.

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 09:44:06 AM »

Kickstart, I felt exactly the same when I lit mine - we don't have this in the UK as far as I know, but it's lovely to be able to show our love and support for Sam and the rest of Susie's family even though we are so far away.
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 03:13:47 AM »

I am so sorry to hear of the loss  of Susie. Even though I have belonged to IHD for a short time all of you are family. I sit here crying knowing a friend was lost, a mother, etc. God Bless Susie and her family.
Lori/Indiana
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 05:06:20 AM »

Thanks for letting me know about the candles.  I was able to light one for my Susie.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »

willieandwinnie -- thank you for letting all of us know about the candles for Goofy.  Having the opportunity to say something about Susie (to Sam and her family) helped me, too.

BTW, did you see how many candles were lit for Susie?  Oh my goodness, that chick was loved all around the world and she really touched a lot of lives.  What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful soul.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 04:41:34 PM »

73 candles in all.  :thumbup;

Scrapbook for Susie http://jaychapel.com/?p=scrapbook&id=49261

Candles

Thoughts from Jay Chapel Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 06:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offering our deepest condolences at this difficult time.

Thoughts from Elizabeth Breakey Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 09:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How blessed I was to beable to call you "friend". You gave so much love to everyone you met and touched my life forever. Your smile would light up the room. The love you shared with Sam was wonderful to see. You touched lives from England to Australia, helping others even when you were suffering. Around the world, we are all crying but we know you are free from pain. God and Epoman have gained what we have lost. I love you, my friend--Paris

Thoughts from AlohaBeth Friday, Feb 15, 2008 at 09:46 PM
We will all miss you but will always take that love that you gave with us. You have helped so many people with your kindness truly all over the world. She takes her place as the angel that we've always seen her as. We love you.

Thoughts from charlie seybolt Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 08:24 AM
In the short time I knew you, it seems like forever. Thank you for being a part of my life. Charlie Seybolt (Mass)

Thoughts from Kathy Amos Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 08:29 AM
Even across the country, you touch my life. You will be so missed by so many. Thank you Sam, for sharing Susie with us.

Thoughts from Debbie Luna Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Dear Sam, I am so SORRY for your loss of your BEAUTIFUL LOVING wife Susie, Ill never forget her Sam all the times we spent together when you lived on "D" street when Art, Me & Michelle would go over for dinners and mess around watching TV or outside on the porch. God is watching over you and your family. Sam I send all my deepest prayers to you. With all my love, and remember Sam we will both see them soon when we get to heaven they are helping God with our Mansions! Love always Debbie Luna.

Thoughts from Anna Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 03:42 PM
Last year, when I had a cloud of dread and darkness hovering over me, I met this woman, Susie, and she was a ray of sunshine. Quickly as I came to know her, I discovered that she had this unlimited capacity for love. From her computer in her home in Madera, she traveled the world, touching lives far far away, me in New York, others in Canada, England, the Caribbean, Australia and all over the United States. As I got to know Susie, I found that this was common. She loved her husband so much, she married him three times. Susie saw the best in people. In the children that she cared for in her Day Care Centers – to her loving family who were always at her side. I remember one night when we were speaking on the phone and she’d say “here, say hi to my mom” and she’d hand the phone to her mother. Susie wasn’t shy about using the telephone and she wanted everyone in her life to know each other. Susie shared. Susie was easy to love because she had such capacity for love. When I finally “met” Susie in Las Vegas, she was a vision in a purple boa, tiara and sash. What joy she brought when she walked into the room, the strength of a hug, the sound of her laughter, the depth of her compassion. Susie touched my life, and I am so happy to have known and loved her. Her words are silenced now, and she lives on in our memories and our hearts. In that sense, the love that she brought into our world will live forever. I miss you Susie, you left us too soon.

Thoughts from Darrell "Sluff" DeFord Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 04:17 PM
Susie was loved by many. Her presence on ihatedialysis.com will forever be missed. I loved this lady beyond comprehension and there will always be a place in my heart that only she could fill. My condolences to Sam and her many friends and family. We are all better people to have known Susie.

Thoughts from okarol (Karol Franks) Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 05:38 PM
Susie gave us so much love and support on the website forum for kidney patients. Personally she was my friend and had a calming influence on my life. I will always cherish her, and look forward to the day we meet again. Sending lots of love to her awesome mom and family, I am so touched by the warmth you surrounded her with.

Thoughts from Julie N Adams Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 06:07 PM
Goofy was such a beautiful woman, I am so lucky to have known her. Thankyou to her family for sharing her. Sam, even though I never met you- Susie was never shy about expressing her love and adoration of you, for you. I took a lot of inspiration from her. I will miss her with all my heart. love, glitter

Thoughts from Kitkatz Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 06:18 PM
Susie was a friend to everyone she met. God bless her and God bless her family.

Thoughts from Anne (Myssanne) Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 06:37 PM
I was one of Susie's fans on the forum ihatedialysis.com. From the first posting I read I found Susie to be a bigger than life person, full of life, love, and laughter. She uplifted us, encouraged us, and would brag of her family, how wonderful they are. We were blessed to have had her in our lives. God bless you Susie, we love you.

Thoughts from Mary Jones Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 08:40 PM
I've only known Susie for 3months thru IHD, but she made me feel as I've known her all my life. I love her like the big sister I never had. She will be greatly missed and I'm thankful to God for allowing her into my life. My deepest sympathy to Susie's family. Mary Graham, North Carolina

Thoughts from Mark "Boxman" Breidenbach Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:07 PM
Rest in Peace Susie. You are sorely missed

Thoughts from vandie Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:10 PM
Susie was everyone's best friend. She was a light on IHD that will never be extinguished. Her love, support and humor will forever stay with all that she touched.

Thoughts from Mimi (Barbara Rodgeway) Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:25 PM
Susie today you are with the only one that could love you more than we did! You brought us, at IHD, much love and much laughter. I never met you here on earth, but one day we will meet and when we do we will immediately know each other. Until that day, I will miss you my friend. Susie, I bid you goodbye for now, Mimi

Thoughts from charee Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:33 PM
Susie was everyones friend. I never got to meet you face to face but i enjoyed our chats on IHD ,a great sense of humour loved your wit. We will miss you. charee form Australia

Thoughts from Lucy Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:39 PM
Susie I will never forget that beautiful smile of yours. It only took one smile to light up a room anywhere you went. You have such a big heart with so much love and you never not once ever judged people. You accepted everyone for who they are and I will never forget you. I Love you and I miss you so much Baby Girl. I know your up in Heaven just making God and all the Angels tear up with laughter. I am blessed to have had you in my life and I will see you again soon. Sam I Love you. To all Family and Friends I give you my deepest Condolences and I know you like me have been so Blessed to have Susie in our lives. Thank You God for bringing into our lives such a Beautiful, Loving, Supportive, Caring Woman.

Thoughts from Romona Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Susie my wonderful IHD friend. I miss you so much already. You welcomed me with open arms. You handled ESRD with dignity, grace and humor. You will never be forgotten. I love you!

Thoughts from psim Saturday, Feb 16, 2008 at 10:20 PM
Thank you Susie for all you gave to people around the world. You left too soon. My deepest condolences to her whole family and especially to Sam. She loved you so much.

Thoughts from Kickstart Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:37 AM
Like a lot of people, im going to miss you , your support , your ability to lift peoples spirits. God Bless .

Thoughts from Kickstart Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:38 AM
Like a lot of people, im going to miss you , your support , your ability to lift peoples spirits. God Bless .

Thoughts from Marvin and Marsha Burney Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 12:01 PM
IHD's "sweetheart" -- our Susie -- left us much too soon. For those of us struggling with kidney failure and dialysis, Susie offered unconditional love and acceptance, lots of moments of laughter, and a sense of peace that everything would be okay. We envied her amazing beauty (both outward and inward beauty), and we admired her tremendous love for Sam and her wonderful mom. We needed her to help us get through our darkest moments, and we KNEW that she loved us. Somewhere up there, there's an angel looking down over us and watching out for us even now; this angel -- our Goofynina -- has the standard-issue wings and a halo -- but she also is wearing a sparkling tiara and a purple boa! That's our Susie! She will be missed forever.

Thoughts from Ken Shelmedine Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 12:42 PM
To a wonderful woman who shined her light into our lives. Rest in peace Susie

Thoughts from Katie Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Susie was always so positive and loving to everyone she came into contact with. She was an amazing support and source of information to those new to dialysis and all the changes it brought to one's life. She will be greatly missed. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Thoughts from Earlinda Adams Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM
I loved Susie with all of my heart. She was my soul sister and I will miss her so very much. Through her love and inspiration I became a much better person for letting this ray of sunshine into my life. I will miss you my friend.

Thoughts from Sandy Barton Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 01:20 PM
To Susie's Family - My heartfelt condolences to all of you. I hope that it helps to know that Susie helped so many people world-wide with her participation on the ihatedialysis.com forum. When I was first lurking before dialysis to find out what my life was going to be - Susie's posts immediately jumped out with not only humor and life - but with a ton of information and general caring for everyone she responded to. She is going to be so missed by so many. I'm calling all Angels to help you through this one. Sandyb

Thoughts from Amy (lola) Machado Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 02:10 PM
Susie you forever changed my life. I will miss you forever. Until we meet again

Thoughts from Sunny Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 02:29 PM
Susie, I was so glad to have known you through the IHD forum. You have been an inspiration. I will light a candle for you to guide you into your new life. Sunny

Thoughts from Anne Griego Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 03:33 PM
This is for our beloved "Goofynina" Suzie, I am praying for you, and thinking of you. You were truly an angel! Anne and Les Griego

Thoughts from Joe Paul Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 03:36 PM
My condolences to Sam & Susie's (Goofy's) family. Never goodbye friend, till we meet again <3

Thoughts from mark Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 03:43 PM
we'll miss you at i hate dialysis with all your positive attitude. rest in peace

Thoughts from Steve Gabel Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 04:07 PM
Sam and Family. Susie always brightened my day when I read her comments on IHD.com. I was really helped by what she wrote when I was depressed approching dialysis. God bless. Steve (Big Steve)

Thoughts from Michelle (MiSSis) Kipp Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 04:29 PM
Susie had an enormous capacity for love and humor that forever changed IHD and we were all the better for her presence there. She will be greatly missed. My condolences to Sam and all of Susie's family at this very difficult time. Thank you so much for sharing Susie with us.

Thoughts from del from IHD Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 05:09 PM
You will be missed.

Thoughts from oswald Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 05:13 PM
We were very blessed to get to know "goofynina" on IHD. She will truly be missed, especially her great sense of humor. My wife and I were looking forward to meeting her at the next IHD get together. I know she'll be there in spirit. We pray for her peace as well as for all of her family and friends. God bless, Jim and Kimm Oswald Glen Burnie, Maryland

Thoughts from Kim Hoben (KimCanada) Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 06:50 PM
Sam, I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your profound lose. You could sence in every word Susie wrote her deep love for you. Treasure the memories, and know that sorrow for Susie spans the globe. Tears are falling in Canada tonight.

Thoughts from petey (Marsha) Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:12 PM
Tears are falling on the coast of North Carolina, too. And prayers are being said to ask for comfort for Goofynina's precious Sam.

Thoughts from Sally Jones (Australia) Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:24 PM
Susies love ,support and humour crossed an ocean to always put a smile on my face. Thank you Sam for sharing your special girl with us. Stay strong. (Wattle)

Thoughts from Sally Jones (Australia) Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 07:25 PM
Susies love ,support and humour crossed an ocean to always put a smile on my face. Thank you Sam for sharing your special girl with us. Stay strong. (Wattle)

Thoughts from Ohio Buckeye Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:43 PM
I will recall often the words of encouragement from Goofynina "keep on, keeping on my friend" "We're always here for you", "Only a keyboard away". And her wit and humor would make anyone smile. I deeply regret not getting to meet her at the annual IHD meet. But... we will meet one day. She has left a very deep hole at IHD. She will be sorely missed. My deepest sympathies to her beloved Sam and the family. May God be your strength and comfort. Thank you for sharing Susie with us.

Thoughts from Boclark54 Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:21 PM
Rest in Peace Susie, you will be missed by so many. My deepest condolences to Sam and the rest of Susie's family.

Thoughts from Jenna Rae Criado Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:42 PM
hi um my name is jenna susie used to be my babysitter when i was a little girl and now im almost thirteen and i just found out about her death and i miss her so much i remember we used to go out in the morning to the park and feed the ducks and at snack time she always gave me oreos:) i loved that and i loved her so much and i'll remember her. she was my first babysitter and i love her=)

Thoughts from Cris Sunday, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Susie, Your love knows no boundaries. From the Northern Mariana Island and the Philippines, You have touched our lives, and that we are very grateful. Thank you so much for all your posts, your genuine concerns for the IHD family. We are blessed to have had you. My prayers for your family, your husband, and God Speed on your journey. love, cris

Thoughts from Rose (UK) Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:26 AM
I never met Susie in person but I felt as if I knew her through IDH. I felt her warmth, love and laughter in her posts, she cared for people and they all loved her. I send deepest condolences and love to Sam and the rest of Susie's family. I hope that your memories of her, and knowing that her deep love for you goes on, will give you some comfort in the days ahead. This lady will be missed worldwide.

Thoughts from Renwick "Redbomb" Conrad Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:46 AM
I never knew you in person, but grew to love and admire you. I was so looking forward to the next get-together so that I could meet you. I'm so so glad that I at least got to speak to you when Sluff stopped in town on his way to L.V. Right now, my prayers go out to the ones who remain behind. My God put his Loving Arms around each and every one of us and give us comfort in this, our time of need.

Thoughts from daisy Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:46 AM
dear Susie, your warmth and kindness will stay with me forever

Thoughts from daisy Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:48 AM
dear Susie, your warmth and kindness will stay with me forever

Thoughts from Amanda From Sydney, Australia Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 06:14 AM
Susie has truly been an inspiration to all of us on IHD and will be deeply missed by all. May all the wonderful memories help her family during this time. Susie, what a beautiful person inside and out, it's been an honor to call you my friend. I will miss you. Amanda Sydney, Australia.

Thoughts from Louise "cycobully" Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 07:26 AM
Dearest Susie Sadly, being across the ocean, I never met you in person. But your warmth and friendliness came right through on the IHD forum - who says the internet is impersonal? Always you were there with words of comfort and cheer for the IHD members, old and new. Never before have I shed a tear for someone I have never met, but I shed tears to hear you were gone from our world. Rest in peace. To Susie's family and friends - sincerest sympathy to all of you. Louise (Cycobully) & Mark, Australia

Thoughts from Melissa Dyer (melshell) Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 09:58 AM
Tears are streaming down my cheeks as I write this...I cannot believe our beloved Susie is gone. Susie was one of the first to greet me when I joined IHD, she was the first to greet many. Her big heart, genuine compassion, and sense of humor, as well as her knowledge about dialysis and how to live your life to the fullest despite dialysis gave us hope that we could do it too!! You are sadly missed dear Susie. Much love and comfort to "her" Sam, and to Susie's family-May God hold you in the palm of His hand...sincerely, Melissa

Thoughts from Melissa Dyer (melshell) Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 09:59 AM
Tears are streaming down my cheeks as I write this...I cannot believe our beloved Susie is gone. Susie was one of the first to greet me when I joined IHD, she was the first to greet many. Her big heart, genuine compassion, and sense of humor, as well as her knowledge about dialysis and how to live your life to the fullest despite dialysis gave us hope that we could do it too!! You are sadly missed dear Susie. Much love and comfort to "her" Sam, and to Susie's family-May God hold you in the palm of His hand...sincerely, Melissa

Thoughts from Kim Olan Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 10:58 AM
I've only 'met' Susie online, or as she is also known as 'Goofynina.' There was nothing goofy about this intelligent, supportive, loving person - except of course her humor used to cheer someone up. IHD is a strong community of people pre-dialysis, post (transplant), and for those of us who have a loved one that we support. Susie's work and commitment to the site and its members is a tribute to the outstanding person she is. Please know that your loved one touched many lives and she will NEVER be forgotten. God Bless you all.

Thoughts from Josh Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:51 AM
I never had the oppertunity to meet Susie(goofynina) but I talked to her many times on the phone. The thing about Susie is she excepted me for me, my Dad(Sluff) told me that she thought a lot of me. I wish I had the chance to tell her how much I really cared about her. My Dad and I were going to drive out to Las Vegas this year so I could meet Susie, but I guess that will not happen now. Soory to all for such a tremendous loss to the renal community and her family. GBNF.

Thoughts from Candace Copp (angellady ) Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:23 PM
I will miss Susie's humor and her compassion. What a gift it was to have known her through IHD. Although, we never met I felt I knew her a lifetime. We have lost a truly amazing soul. I'll never forget you Susie. God Bless.

Thoughts from Veronica & Marquessa Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:03 PM
hey big susie. i'm really gonna miss you. you really mean alot to me. you were always there for marquessa and anthony when they were little. thank you for everything. well we miss you! and love you!

Thoughts from Jedimaster Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:04 PM
Susan... we will meet someday again. I will miss you. Now you are one with God.

Thoughts from Marquessa Pettigrew Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:12 PM
I can't believe your gone Big Susie! I miss you so much! Well at least your not in pain no more. Thank you so much for being there when i was growing up. You were the best baby-sitter ever! :) Now that your gone and i think about it i cry and cry and cry. I really miss you.. You really had a big heart. You will be missed. We will meet again. I can't wait to see you again :) I love you & miss you [R.I.P BIG SUSIE 2/14/07] -Marquessa

Thoughts from RaeDean Tucker Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:59 PM
Susie was one of the reasons I'm still alive today. When I started dialysis, she was there for me through the IHD website to answer my questions and calm my fears. God bless her and her family. Thank you, Susie, for all you did for us.

Thoughts from bobt Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 07:48 PM
Such a special person./obt/ihd

Thoughts from Joan Else Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 07:51 PM
Although we never met in person, you touched my heart on the IHD site. You were extremely helpful with our problems , cheerful, and most of all you had a way of making us fell special. I will miss you and will always regret not ever meeting you and Sam in person. Chuck and Joan Else

Thoughts from aharris2 Monday, Feb 18, 2008 at 10:57 PM
Sam, we are so sorry that you have to go through this. Your wife has touched so many, making their lives better, even as a hand reaching out to pull them out of a deep downward spiral. She lit up IHD with her comedy and irreverence on one hand, and warmth and compassion on the other. We are all hurting at Susie's passing, but I am sure it cannot equal what you are feeling. You have our deepest sympathy. Susie lives on in our hearts and memories and in her many posts - there for all to revisit and find some solace. Rolando Montufar and Alene Harris

Thoughts from Aurora (British Virgin Islands) Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 08:03 AM
From her first post, you knew that this Goofynina was not an ordinary person. She lit up I Hate Dialysis. com immediately. And when she joined our team as Moderator, we became girlfriends. It would be hard to imagine how close we would become - thousands of miles apart, different cultures, different races. But that was my Susie - openhearted, loving unconditionally. My heart is broken. I can't believe I will not get to use those stupid Audibles in Yahoo Messenger with her any more. I didn't make the Vegas reunion, but Susie sent me a box of lovely stuff that I will keep forever. That is my Susie. My Girlfriend forever.

Thoughts from shawn m Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 07:49 PM
Peace be with you

Thoughts from Georgine Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 08:51 PM
I will truly miss Susie. She meant the worlsd to me and my family. We have so many good memories together that will always be in my heart. Susie was my youngest daughter godmother and she was the perfect person for the job. She loved kids and and she loved life. We could all learn alot for her. I Love you girl.... Thanks you for being apart of my life. Georgine and Family

Thoughts from Kitsune (Chandi) Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:22 PM
I only knew Susie through ihatedialysis.com, but I always appreciated her sense of humor and the way she told it like she saw it. My prayers go out to herself and her family.

Thoughts from Michelle Garcia Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Mary & Terri My heart goes out to you both. She was an Angel here on Earth. She was always so kind to me and that is how I will always remember her. God Bless You Both, Michelle Garcia

Thoughts from Michelle Garcia Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Mary & Terri My heart goes out to you both. She was an Angel here on Earth. She was always so kind to me and that is how I will always remember her. God Bless You Both, Michelle Garcia

Thoughts from Kelly Talbert Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 at 05:24 AM
You will be missed by many. My deepest sympathy to your loving family and friends.

Thoughts from Lynn Johnson Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 at 08:21 AM
Sam, We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. Our prayers are with you. Your Friends & Co-workers Plant Maintanence Dept.

Thoughts from kidney4traci Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 at 09:48 AM
Susie's humor will be missed greatly. She touched many lives with the time she put in to IHD. Sam, I am sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you.

Thoughts from karen Thursday, Feb 21, 2008 at 08:57 PM
I feel very lucky to have known Susie from IHD.com. She was so full of life and love. I will miss her and think of her often. My condolences go out to all that knew her!

Thoughts from Joanna Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 02:42 PM
Hey Sue its me. Ive been wanting to read all the woderful things said about you but when I read the ones on IHD.com I couldn't fight back the tears. So here it goes. Sue I still can't belive that I can't pick up the phone and call you when ever I need your advice. I miss you so much that it hurts. The girls miss you so much and your Chooky cant stop asking why. Yesturday she was quiet and we know that isn't good, so I went to check on her and she was talking on her play phone to you. I listened for a while then walked away with tears running down my face. We also sing OUR song every night, "You are MY SUNSHINE". I know you are probably watching us with tears like you always did but now Im in tears too! I wanted to post this to your myspace page but you never got a chance to add me. Your leaving us is what made me make a page to keep in touch with family and friends near and far! That is what you always said and did.Please give my dad one of your great hugs for me and come with him when he visits us in my dreams and to play with the kids.I do belive that angels visit babies. It hurts to know that Jazy will never have the fun with you that Juli and Jay did, but I promise she will hear MANY stories. I luv you Tia and til the day we meet again, may you be pain free and happy.Oh ya, Tio wants to keep Jane but I will make sure he takes good care of her and we will take care of him. PROMISE
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 04:47:05 PM by Sluff » Logged
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 07:40:11 PM »

Thanks Sluff for listing what everyone said about susie.  :grouphug;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

This is something I recieved from a family member of Susie's.
Thank You Pita
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »

Thanks Sluff.
Can't read too many of those without crying.
I'm glad IHD members lit a lot of those candles.

while I am doing this.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »

LIGHT ONE MORE    :flower; :flower; :flower; :flower;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006