I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:55:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  TRIBUTES FOR MEMBERS LOST
| |-+  Tributes For Susie "Goofynina" Trevino
| | |-+  GOOFYNINA
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GOOFYNINA  (Read 162683 times)
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2008, 08:31:43 AM »

Last night on David Letterman he had a guest from Australia who did hand puppet formations.
It was amazing really but during his presentation the music he had playing was What a Wonderful World.
Anyway I sat there watching it with tears streaming.  I don't think I'll ever hear that song again without
thinking about Goofynna.  I really miss her.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2008, 08:42:23 AM »

Last night on David Letterman he had a guest from Australia who did hand puppet formations.
It was amazing really but during his presentation the music he had playing was What a Wonderful World.
Anyway I sat there watching it with tears streaming.  I don't think I'll ever hear that song again without
thinking about Goofynna.  I really miss her.

She's everywhere.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2008, 09:35:45 AM »

She knows we still need her.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Beth36

« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2008, 12:31:02 PM »

WOW....I am so shocked to read this....I don't get online often anymore and wow....I have no words.  She was always so kind to me in her posts and made me feel so comfortable and welcome, and to a newbie with a loved one facing such a serious condition, I will say it meant the world to me...what a kind woman and I will keep her family in my prayers....

Beth

Mom had positive crossmatch transplant at Mayo Clinic on 6/13/08!!
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2008, 05:23:34 AM »

Ever since Susie's passing I'm sure in still in shock and can't believe that she is really gone.

Missing  :angel; Susie's fun and loving Pm's

I can not begin to imagine how hard it is for her family and sam. What an amazing person to lose.

she will be remembered forever.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2008, 06:26:17 AM »

I have excepted the loss of our Goofynina and I find myself taking a piece of her personality and applying it in my posts, and because of Goofynina I have a better appreciation for others. I have faced reality that life is so very fragile and as a person get older the impact is so great when you can talk to someone one day and the next day they are gone. I know that my last words to her is that IHD members really love you and I love you and don't worry about IHD, it is in good hands. I'm going to misss you hun.  :'(

We need to be strong for our Epoman and Goofynina because I firmly believe that they are guiding us. Here is a picture that Epoman and I pulled a joke on Goofynina when we were on chat and this represents the kind of relation ship we had. We had a lot of laughs.
AlohaBeth

« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2008, 06:47:22 AM »

That was beautiful Sluff, truly.

Imagine a world that lived with the Aloha Spirit.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2008, 07:17:15 AM »

I have excepted the loss of our Goofynina and I find myself taking a piece of her personality and applying it in my posts, and because of Goofynina I have a better appreciation for others. I have faced reality that life is so very fragile and as a person get older the impact is so great when you can talk to someone one day and the next day they are gone. I know that my last words to her is that IHD members really love you and I love you and don't worry about IHD, it is in good hands. I'm going to misss you hun.  :'(

This is tremendous, Sluff (Sludge, Sulfa, Fluffy).  IHD is definitely in good hands.  The same way that it was after Epoman passed, the same way we will continue to make sure that this goes on from strength to strength.  I continue to  thank God that certain things were done before they passed that they would know how much we loved them.  I think of the gifts to Epoman from IHD, and Susie's time in Vegas!  How fitting that they felt our love before they left us!!
I agree that we have to use every opportunity to let people know how much they mean to us, when we have the time.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2008, 07:32:48 AM »

We need to be strong for our Epoman and Goofynina because I firmly believe that they are guiding us. Here is a picture that Epoman and I pulled a joke on Goofynina when we were on chat and this represents the kind of relation ship we had. We had a lot of laughs.

Sluff..... ditto from me!  It truly is the laughs and the good times that we will remember most.  Let's make sure we continue to do this in Epoman's and Goofynina's memories.  It think they would want us to do that.
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2008, 08:47:26 AM »

It is strange but I feel sort of guilty or something because in December when my heart stopped
and I was revived and I made it but Goofynina didn't and she is younger than me and had a husband who
loved her dearly and mine did too but he is gone.  But then I have 2 sons and a grandson.  I guess it is just  matter of
being your time to go or not time to go.  It is not in our hands.  I do know that I appreciate life much more
even through the tough times.  Goofy lived each day to the fullest and that's what we all need to do.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2008, 10:30:51 AM »

Sorry I haven't been online in awhile. This message was at the top of the list of unread mesages. Thought it was gonna be something funny with the topic Goofynina, but that thought was soon to turn into tragidy. I was shocked to read through the post. She was the one who got me to  loosen up in the chat room with her humor. I will miss chatting with her,  her comments, messages, and humor.

Peace be with you my friend.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
sandgroper

« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2008, 03:12:06 AM »

As a newbie I didn't know Susie personally but the past month I have read many of her posts before joining, she seemed such a wonderful kind hearted person..it is very sad to read of her passing, my condolences to her family and friends.
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2008, 04:27:17 AM »

This is not the first..... or second...... or third...... or even eighth time I have looked at these threads....   I keep coming back, hoping it was all a bad dream.  No such luck.  I will miss Goofynina so much.  She always lightened my mood.  Her loss is a deep one for all of us.  My prayers are with Sam and the rest of her family.  Peace be with you.

:grouphug;

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
Kathleen

« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2008, 01:10:56 AM »

Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2008, 02:22:42 AM »

I loved that kathleen.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2008, 03:51:17 AM »

Sweet.......... :thumbup;
keefer51

« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2008, 12:02:01 AM »

I haven't been on in awhile for reasons to deep to talk about. I was sent a message however when Susie passed. She was and still is a important part of this family. I will always remember her comments to many threads i wrote. And i thought i was sarcastic! I have come to a point in this madness where i have pushed away anything having to do with dialysis. When i heard of Susie's passing i was brought back into the reality of it all. I cannot imagine what her husband and family are going through. All i can say is i am so sorry. Goodbye sweet Susie. You are and will always be my friend.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2008, 04:27:11 PM »

Our dear sister Goofynina passed away today at 4:05.
She was surrounded by her loving family.

RIP Susie.  :grouphug;

I haven't been around a while (family and sickness) but my God to read this, I am so sorry and I wish I was able to be here when all this was happening.  Suzie always had a kind word for me and gave me encouragement, she made me laugh.  I will miss her.  Thank you Sluff for taking charge and keeping us informed and thanks to everyone else who helped also.  I lit a candle for her and left a little message.  I still am in a shock.

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Jaybird

« Reply #268 on: March 03, 2008, 10:42:15 AM »

I just heard from Okarol. Very sad news. Goofynina represented the best in us all. I enjoyed her posts and wished I could have met her in person.

I am sorry I havn't logged very much since my transplant. But please remember all of you are my people, and are always in my thoughts.

RIP Goofynina, you will be missed by more people than you know.

Jaybird
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2008, 10:33:32 AM »

OMG!!! I feel horrible for being away for so long! I don't even know what to say! I'm crying right now! She made this place such a joy. Her humor made me laugh--a rare occurrence any more. I miss Susie so much. This isn't fair! Don't doctors give antibiotics anymore??!! I'm so pissed too!

:cuddle;  :'(  :cuddle;  :'(  :cuddle;  :'(  :cuddle;  :'(

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2008, 10:36:14 AM »

Paddbear, good to see you post.  Susie's problems were many.  It was such an incredible time and we are all so sad.    How are you doing? Please post and let us know how you are.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »

I did. See  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=7328.new;topicseen#new

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »

I miss Susie! :'(
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2008, 05:25:59 PM »

:( ME TOOOO! I think of her everyday.  :'(

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »

My heart stopped when I got a PM from Goofynina a few days ago.  It was from her sister but for just a moment, I thought------Susie!  With Beth woriking on the Kidney Walk so much, Susie is a daily part of our conversations, but it doesn't make it easier.   I miss her too :'( :'(

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »