I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi I'm Spinner --
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi I'm Spinner --  (Read 3977 times)
Spinner

« on: June 16, 2006, 09:12:26 AM »

Hello I'm posting for my husband Spinner, I'm Patty. Three weeks ago he was working, driving his truck, live'g on the coast and life was good.

After working 6 days he came home for three days off. The first day he felt really tired but just thought it was the job and the heat. The second day he started feeling worse, then he realized he hadn't urinated all day then he couldn't remember if he did or didn't the day before. I called his Dr. who called him into the office right away. He then referred him to the urologist who promptly put him in the hospital. Spinner was in acute renal failure. After many test and a biopsey he was dx'd with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (spelling). There is no cure and it's progressive. He is now on dialysis 3 times a week and will need a transplant.

Our lives have been totally turned upside down and we're still in shock. I have to go now but we will be back with lots of questions.

Spinner & Patty

This is not the life I ordered.   Spinner
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 12:33:45 PM »

Hi Spinner and Patty,   You've found the best website regarding dialysis when it comes to getting your questions answered,   There are so many people here that can share their stories and although i may admit they can scare you,  what it comes down to is that we are one big family with one thing in common,  DIALYSIS...  This is a great website and i hope you come back and read all what others have posted (and will post)  We all know what you are going through and we are ready to go through it with you,  all you have to do is ask,  and we are here,  pretty awesome huh?  i think it is too.  I've gotten answers to questions i didnt even know i needed to know (does that make sense) lol,   Look forward to hearing from you again soon,   

Goofynina

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 06:44:18 PM »

Hello Spinner,
 Glad you found your way to this site. Welcome.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 09:38:11 PM »

I know, the news is worse than Cancer, because you are going to LIVE on a machine 3 times a week.  BUT, the good news is he is probably a good candidate for a transplant.  That is no easy road either, but if it works it is better than dialysis. (MY Opinion)

Welcome to the site.

Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 12:55:24 AM »

Hi Patty & Spinner  :D

Welcome to the site. I am also the wife of a dialysis patient and we crash landed in the middle of it all too. It can be really scary, but here is an excellent place to find answers to your questions and just vent and scream. You are not alone.  ;)

Welcome to the family.  :)

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 04:38:29 AM »

Welcome to the board.  This is the place to come for support and real answers.  Read a lot of the previous posts, especially in General Discussion and FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions.  Don't hesitate to ask some questions of your own.
I am always very pleased when I see the number of spouses of renal patients who join our message board.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
jdat

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 09:31:45 AM »

Welcome here.

And yes this is indeed one of the best forums on the subject.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 11:42:47 AM »

Hello and welcome to the site, feel free to ask all the questions you want, that is why we are here. We are not like most dialysis boards, at other sites you make a topic and it takes days for you to get an answer, but here your post will have several replies, fast. That is another reason that makes this place great, the number of regular members who post here daily.

Be sure to check out these links, these will help get you started.

Site Rules: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=540.0

Gender/Location: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0

Spelling/Grammar: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=411.0

This site is here for YOU, all I ask in return is that you follow the rules in the
above links and reply stating you have done so.

Don't forget, come back often and help us make this community stronger. The bigger
we become the louder our voice will be.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Spinner

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 05:46:05 PM »

Hello Everyone - Patty here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm sorry it has taken so long to reply. There seems to be so much to do with insurance, his retirement from his job, doctors, dialysis and try'g to find something Spinner can eat he doesn't have much of an appetite.

I'm really very happy we found this forum, I know there's a lot of first hand knowledge here.

Now for a few  questions: Do a lot of ya'll have problems with blood pressure spiking after dialysis?
Does the weakness really improve as the Dr's keep saying it will?      The dietitian suggested a small glass of wine before meals to boost his appetite, any suggestions on what kind or brand?     Do ya'll have much problem with edema between dialysis, even when watching fluids carefully?

Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated. Thursday we will be go'ing to the Dr. to see about his permanent catheter, is there anything we should know up front? We hear the fistula is best.

Thanks a Lot - Patty

This is not the life I ordered.   Spinner
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 05:55:10 PM »

Hello Everyone - Patty here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm sorry it has taken so long to reply. There seems to be so much to do with insurance, his retirement from his job, doctors, dialysis and try'g to find something Spinner can eat he doesn't have much of an appetite.

I'm really very happy we found this forum, I know there's a lot of first hand knowledge here.

Now for a few  questions: Do a lot of ya'll have problems with blood pressure spiking after dialysis?
Does the weakness really improve as the Dr's keep saying it will?      The dietitian suggested a small glass of wine before meals to boost his appetite, any suggestions on what kind or brand?     Do ya'll have much problem with edema between dialysis, even when watching fluids carefully?

Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated. Thursday we will be go'ing to the Dr. to see about his permanent catheter, is there anything we should know up front? We hear the fistula is best.

Thanks a Lot - Patty

Hi Patty,

This is the Introduce yourself section. Please go to "General Discussion" and ask your question there. We will be glad to answer them all.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

THREAD LOCKED

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »