I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Dialysis: Workers
| | | |-+  ******* Do you work in the Dialysis field? if so, welcome home! ********
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ******* Do you work in the Dialysis field? if so, welcome home! ********  (Read 13074 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: June 22, 2006, 05:00:15 PM »

Well after seeing a few of our members who are not patients but have become very active in our site and post on a regular basis, I decided to have a section for them. So if you work in the dialysis field, if your a tech, nurse, admin, doctor, physicians assistant, secretary, supplier, delivery person, what ever the case may be, if it's related to kidney failure, this is your section. Of course you are free to post in ALL of the other sections and the patients are to allowed to post here.  But maybe you want to rant or vent about a work environment, a co-worker, dialysis in general, a problem you see going on, or maybe you are sick of dialysis patients and want to rant about a certain patient who gets on your nerves at your center.

I hope having this section does not offend dialysis patients, I hope they understand that you don't have to actually be a patient to HATE dialysis, spouses, brothers, sisters, parents, children, family members, and yes even employees in the field can hate dialysis. Kidney disease affects many peoples live not just the patients, I know my son and wife hate dialysis, because they see what kidney failure has done to me.

Remember this section is open to ALL members, I just wanted to give a little something for the workers. especially the workers who take the time join and to post here regularly. This will give us patients a chance to see the other side of the coin. So let's hear some rants!

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

P.S. if you are a patient and you are against this section, let us know how you feel.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:56:58 PM »

No, this is a great idea.  I love to hear dirt!   ;D

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:54:42 PM »

This is a great idea.  Very thoughtful of you, Epoman

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 05:33:43 PM »

This is a great idea!!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Tech11

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 09:11:13 PM »

Well after seeing a few of our members who are not patients but have become very active in our site and post on a regular basis, I decided to have a section for them. So if you work in the dialysis field, if your a tech, nurse, admin, doctor, physicians assistant, secretary, supplier, delivery person, what ever the case may be, if it's related to kidney failure, this is your section. Of course you are free to post in ALL of the other sections and the patients are to allowed to post here.  But maybe you want to rant or vent about a work environment, a co-worker, dialysis in general, a problem you see going on, or maybe you are sick of dialysis patients and want to rant about a certain patient who gets on your nerves at your center.

I hope having this section does not offend dialysis patients, I hope they understand that you don't have to actually be a patient to HATE dialysis, spouses, brothers, sisters, parents, children, family members, and yes even employees in the field can hate dialysis. Kidney disease affects many peoples live not just the patients, I know my son and wife hate dialysis, because they see what kidney failure has done to me.

Remember this section is open to ALL members, I just wanted to give a little something for the workers. especially the workers who take the time join and to post here regularly. This will give us patients a chance to see the other side of the coin. So let's hear some rants!

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

P.S. if you are a patient and you are against this section, let us know how you feel.
Am new and have posted in another thread, but since am a tech thought I would post here to find if thier are other tech or nurses around. I forgot to mention that am female. Would love to hear  from anyone working in the dailysis field. 
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 06:36:43 AM »

Am new and have posted in another thread, but since am a tech thought I would post here to find if their are other tech or nurses around. I forgot to mention that am female. Would love to hear  from anyone working in the dailysis field.

You are definitely not the only employee on this wonderful site.  There are several other techs, nurses, social workers, and 1 neph that I know of too.  I myself am an equipment technician or biomed technician whichever you call it.  The family of people here have many questions and hopefully you can help provide some of their answers.  I stress the family part very strongly.  I have been posting here for a little while now and these are some of the best people in the world.  I would be honored to call any one of them my friends.  Hope you continue to post and post often.

EDITED: Quote tag fixed- kitkatz, moderator
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:15:32 AM by kitkatz » Logged

It's not easy being green.
azrob1978

CCHT 2 yrs and counting, one of the "good" ones.

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 04:05:12 PM »

CCHT here. 2 yrs dialysis, 8 years various medical most of that in the Navy as a corpsman. I hate dialysis only for the infrastructure and the hypocrisy I am exposed to daily. I choose to be there, none of the patients were given that choice. I'm angry for them, not @ them.  One of my major concerns is patient privacy. Or actually the lack of it. Would anyone on this forum want their SSN or other medical info in plain view? Or would you like to see a non medical person behind the nurses station or in the LOCKED medication room? But I'm only a tech and real change only happens if you have that all important RN behind your signature. I'd like to talk to other workers. So, hit me up! :cuddle;

" I am covered in skin no one gets to come in. "
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »

One of the things I hate is standing in line and the receptionist asking my phone number and address in front of everyone.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 08:42:27 PM »

One of the things I hate is standing in line and the receptionist asking my phone number and address in front of everyone.

Ask for a piece of paper and write it down for her ;) ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
azrob1978

CCHT 2 yrs and counting, one of the "good" ones.

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 11:27:25 PM »

Hmmm, that would be the tip of the iceberg at our clinic. I know that the patients become close out in the waiting room and whatnot. But I'm not allowed to tell you if they are in the hospital or why. Or why they aren't @ treatment that day. The nurses freely discuss patient disposition with not only other patients, but with family members. I guess in the military, patient privacy was more an issue that in the civilian world. I guess my over training is becoming a hindrance.  :banghead;

" I am covered in skin no one gets to come in. "
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 06:24:52 AM »

Hmmm, that would be the tip of the iceberg at our clinic. I know that the patients become close out in the waiting room and whatnot. But I'm not allowed to tell you if they are in the hospital or why. Or why they aren't @ treatment that day. The nurses freely discuss patient disposition with not only other patients, but with family members. I guess in the military, patient privacy was more an issue that in the civilian world. I guess my over training is becoming a hindrance.  :banghead;

No sounds like your training put you right where you should be, it's the others that aren't up to speed.  Does the clinical and area manager know of the privacy issues occurring?  Putting SSN at risk is a BIG policy violation in any dialysis company.  If they do know and nothing is ever done about it you could always call the action hotline (Fresenius has one no sure about other companies).  It is anonymous and is for just that type of thing.  It would probably result in an internal audit.

It's not easy being green.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 04:26:38 PM »

Privacy?  What's that?

Going for a fistulagram again tomorrow.  The last trip in, the nurse had misread my first name, and was calling the wrong name in the waiting room.  They are not even allowed to say your last name out loud in the waiting room now.  Sounds like they have the whole privacy issue as a top priority, doesn't it?  But that only lasts until you get to the pre-op waiting room, where they then double check every bit of info on your chart, right down to the SSN, phone, address, the spelling of your name, and your age, all while you are sitting in a row of patients with only flimsy curtains between each bed.  I could have stolen a dozen identies while I waited for my IV to be hooked up.

As for privacy in a dialysis clinic setting - HA!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 09:51:31 PM »

Privacy?  What's that?

Going for a fistulagram again tomorrow.  The last trip in, the nurse had misread my first name, and was calling the wrong name in the waiting room.  They are not even allowed to say your last name out loud in the waiting room now.  Sounds like they have the whole privacy issue as a top priority, doesn't it?  But that only lasts until you get to the pre-op waiting room, where they then double check every bit of info on your chart, right down to the SSN, phone, address, the spelling of your name, and your age, all while you are sitting in a row of patients with only flimsy curtains between each bed.  I could have stolen a dozen identies while I waited for my IV to be hooked up.

As for privacy in a dialysis clinic setting - HA!

This needs to be changed especially now when it is so simple to find stuff on the internet.
bigshot99

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 01:44:11 AM »

:wine; THANK GOD YOU QUIT,,you were a poor tech and you were the reason we were losing patients.
I will not mention your name,but remember you stuck 3 of our employees in a week because you would leave the meads station with an uncapped syringe.you would not watch the patients and you would get away with this.
You would take more than an hour and a half when you went on break and the patients would talk about this.
Some of them left because of you .
The doctor did not know why he was loosing his patients.
The  D.O.N. finally got the guts to tell the doctor the truth about you after you quit
The  D.O.N. should have been fired because this person did not do there job by fireing you a long time ago...
That would have prevented the loss of our patients.
ALL of us are happy that you have quit.
You were the reason medicare was called on us.
I reported you to the  D.O.N. and if that person did there job then medicare would not have been called.
But now were having a party because you quit and things are better,,
justatech

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 08:40:03 AM »

We don't have much of an issue with patient privacy here, nothing specific is listed any where about any patients, for two identifiers we have a pictue of the patient on the computere and we have to ask them their birthdate.  I do agree (some-what) to one previous post about not being able to acknowledge why a patient is not in their particular chair today.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »