I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduction - PLEASE READ THIS SECTION FIRST
| | |-+  ======= To ALL members, unfortunately the time has come. =======
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ======= To ALL members, unfortunately the time has come. =======  (Read 32703 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: June 13, 2006, 09:54:16 PM »

Hello members,

First I would like to take the time to thank you all for making this site a community, and let you all know, I value each and every one of you. Our site is growing very fast, we are growing faster than I imagined when I first opened the site, and it thrills me to know this site is helping so many. I have received many emails from people who have really thanked me for this site.

Well, it is true I do wish for this site to remain online even after my death, and to do so, I need to plan for the future. As the site grows the site will use more bandwidth and cost more money to run, monthly. There are also annual domain name renewals, this site "ihatedialysis.com" also owns "ihatedialysis.net" and "ihatedialysis.org", so that is 3 renewal fees per year, hosting fees to host the site on the internet, plus the other expenses like fees paid to programmers, or others that assist me in adding a new feature(s) to the site, to keep it fresh and interesting to you. Keep in mind that every penny you donate goes right back into the site. I did not create this site to make money, I created it to help people. I hope you can help, if you are able to.

Contact Sluff for payment arrangements.

Also I have just added a new section which a link can be found in the donate section, it is a thank you page to the loyal and generous members who have donated to this site. It is just a way to show my thanks to the members who support this site and make it possible. That section be found here:

http://ihatedialysis.com/supporters.htm

This site will always remain free donations are strictly voluntary. If you cannot afford to donate that's ok, you may still enjoy the site.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

Now don't everyone run away from this thread at once.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 09:26:03 PM by Sluff » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:12:23 PM »

Okay Epoman I hear the cry for a donation. I will see what happens Thursday with the retro paycheck.  Any address you want it sent to? Or shall I just throw it into the air and yell your name and you will come and get it?
 ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:01:08 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:22:46 PM »

Okay Epoman I hear the cry for a donation. I will see what happens Thursday with the retro paycheck.  Any address you want ti sent o? Or shall I just throw it into the air and yell your name and you will come and get it?
 ;D

:(

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 12:09:24 AM »

Now don't everyone run away from this thread at once.  ;)

Damn when I said that, I didn't mean it.  ::) 42 Views and 1 member replied.  ::)

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 10:59:40 AM »

I am sure the financial burden for all you do now and for future plans must be tremendous.  This is a problem all free sites run into at one point or another if they are popular.  The only way to keep it free and large at the same time is to start using advertising banners.  I know it sucks, but with the rate at which the site has gained popularity it's the only way unless someone else can finance it or the contributions flow can keep you running.  Unfortunately contributions can only go so far.  It's a fantastic site that provides help to so many people regardless of if it questions and concerns or just a much needed break from the reality of it all and I would hate to see it go away because of funding issues.

It's not easy being green.
BFrosty

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 01:31:42 PM »

Hello, although I am new here, I am very well connected in the digital world. In the tragic event of your death, I am positive I can have this site hosted elswhere for free regardless of bandwidth, although the web addy would be somewhat different, the site would remain a .com and keep the integrety you have strived to attain. Not to mention my team of very capable programmers, graphic artists, and business minded friends can assist in any upgrades, graphics, or other related work that may be needed on a voulunteer basis. I hope something like this would not be needed, but given our health, one can never know. These things usually take money, and sometimes lots of it, but being a dialysis site that I may support, good will could come flowing in on a moments notice.

Lets hope it does not come down it though, a little positive thinking, and some footwork, go a long way~! Keep up the great work~!

BFrosty~

~Cold Crushing Millenium Swing~
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »

Okay, so I am brain dead right now!  I did not read the entire page through and realized I will have to email you for an address for the donation.  Duh!  Get a brain around here!
Sorry, often the heart gets ahead of the brain.
Katherine

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:01:28 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 04:25:50 PM »

I am sure the financial burden for all you do now and for future plans must be tremendous.  This is a problem all free sites run into at one point or another if they are popular.  The only way to keep it free and large at the same time is to start using advertising banners.  I know it sucks, but with the rate at which the site has gained popularity it's the only way unless someone else can finance it or the contributions flow can keep you running.  Unfortunately contributions can only go so far.  It's a fantastic site that provides help to so many people regardless of if it questions and concerns or just a much needed break from the reality of it all and I would hate to see it go away because of funding issues.

No worries, this site will NEVER go offline as long as I am alive and even after my death I am working on finding a replacement admin. But this site as it grows will cost more and more for hosting, I will pay for it out of my own pocket if I have to. I will because I care about the people who use this site, which is why I got pissed at "Gus" for asking me if I really care about dialysis people. (this thread http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=430.0).

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 04:41:19 PM »

Hello, although I am new here, I am very well connected in the digital world. In the tragic event of your death, I am positive I can have this site hosted elswhere for free regardless of bandwidth, although the web addy would be somewhat different, the site would remain a .com and keep the integrety you have strived to attain. Not to mention my team of very capable programmers, graphic artists, and business minded friends can assist in any upgrades, graphics, or other related work that may be needed on a voulunteer basis. I hope something like this would not be needed, but given our health, one can never know. These things usually take money, and sometimes lots of it, but being a dialysis site that I may support, good will could come flowing in on a moments notice.

Lets hope it does not come down it though, a little positive thinking, and some footwork, go a long way~! Keep up the great work~!

BFrosty~

Well thanks for the hosting offer if something were to happen but I prefer paying for a RE-SELLERS account to host my site, like I do now. That way I can control all my settings instead of dealing with another party. Plus I don't like the idea of changing the domain name slightly I assume you are a referring to a sub-domain for example. www.hostnamehere.ihatedialysis.com well I don't want that. But thank you for the generous offer and if you know of a good FLASH programmer, have him contact me, I have a project for him/her "pro bono" of course.  ;)

Also I don't think I would ever let someone offer free hosting for me again, this site use to be on a host that gave me free/donated hosting, and I experienced to much down time. You know as well as I do that sites that get donated hosting are not reliable, and do not get the same tech support as the paying customers.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 05:39:57 PM »

Which is the reason I added all of those "Ads by goooooogle" ads all over the main site. This site is growing at an amazing rate. I will be needing to upgrade soon.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

BFrosty

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 06:38:29 PM »

No, no sub domain, I am involved with some groups of individuals who own and maintain large servers for hosting. Anyhow, this is just an offer in the case of an extreme emergency, my hope is that it would never come down to it in the first place. When I read your thread my heart sank when reality set in, were all fighting to live, and dying is a risk we all face, it's my hope that you may overcome this and carry on for a long time.

~Cold Crushing Millenium Swing~
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 06:59:53 PM »

No, no sub domain, I am involved with some groups of individuals who own and maintain large servers for hosting. Anyhow, this is just an offer in the case of an extreme emergency, my hope is that it would never come down to it in the first place. When I read your thread my heart sank when reality set in, were all fighting to live, and dying is a risk we all face, it's my hope that you may overcome this and carry on for a long time.

Oh OK no sub-domain that's good, well I do appreciate you thinking of the future of the site, this site in it's short time has helped many people and it's nice to see that people realize how important this site is. Again if you know a FLASH programmer let me know. I want to implement a high score feature in "Kidney Kickups" on the main page.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »

<Epoman>Watches the tumbleweed roll on by</Epoman>

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage &amp; PureFlow User.

Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 02:23:41 PM »

Epoman, I will try to support this site whenever I can.  I do appreciate this place!

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 09:08:18 PM »

Epoman, you know you can count on me.  This site has been more than valuable to me.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 02:31:20 AM »

Epoman, I will try to support this site whenever I can.  I do appreciate this place!

Oh I know you do.  :) Thank you for your support.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
Current NxStage &amp; PureFlow User.

Panda_9

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 03:57:47 AM »

I would like to donate, but at the moment we barely have enough money to support ourselves. If I ever get off dialysis and get a job, I will gladly donate to help keep this great site going.
quietscream

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 02:38:41 PM »

i too would like to help but unfortunately are in same position as previous       poster . at such time as i can i will send something. unforrtunately i have just recently had a heart attack and blood clot on my lung and also have the penicillen restant problem alos. and have just gotten out of the hospital with second blood clot on lung. i am thinking of changing my days to dialyze because every wednesday for last three weeks have been going to hospital. and not by choice. lol.

when life hands you lemons , make lemonade
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 02:55:42 AM »

Thankfully Epoman was looking out for us when he created IHD, and as a result of his careful planning, this site continues to help so many people everyday.

Thanks boss!  :2thumbsup;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »

YAY! Epoman!   Because of him we have this site.  Because of his forward thinking we still have IHD.com.  Thanks to Rossman, Okarol and Sluff as well as Trina and Nick for their support and hard work!

lifenotonthelist.com

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 08:36:38 PM »

:bump;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 08:43:40 PM »

YAY! Epoman!   Because of him we have this site.  Because of his forward thinking we still have IHD.com.  Thanks to Rossman, Okarol and Sluff as well as Trina and Nick for their support and hard work!

Thank you to you too Kitkatz, and Bajanne and Boxman - what a great crew we've got!  :clap;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »

I want to be able to give at least something to help, but will wait till after the August meeting in Chicago.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 03:27:50 PM »

I just made a donation thru PayPal. Hopefully it will help some.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »

I sent a check to the address Sluff sent me.  Does anyone know if it arrived?  I haven't remembered to check my bank statement.

I appreciate all who keep this site going :thx;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »