I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 08:25:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  POLL: Causes of kidney failure / disease - Please see if yours is shown here.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: Causes of kidney failure / disease - Please see if yours is shown here.  (Read 140103 times)
deckerj

« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »

Two of these poll options are the same thing:

Bergers Disease
IgA glomerulonephritis

The most commonly used term is IgA Nephropathy, which is what I have, so I'm not sure which one to pick.

Also, nephrotic syndrome isn't a cause of kidney disease, rather its a syndrome in that it encompases all of the symptoms, including high creatinine, edema, uremia, etc.
PattyTricia

« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »

Good Pastures is what got me. Never heard of it until it ha[[ened to me. No warning

RuaBeanCheile

« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2018, 07:14:37 AM »

My husband was born with Posterior Urethral Valves, a sort of blockage that causes urine to back up back into the bladder and kidneys, causing inflammation and a lot of UTIs. He had the equivalent of 1 kidney (function between the 2) by 13 y/o but they stopped failing and balanced out around 18 y/o....When he was 23 he worked 3rd shift and developed high blood pressure from poor diet and weight gain and 3 years later we discovered he had slowly been losing all function thought to be due to the stress of the high BP.
Katie07

« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »

I am 53 years old now. I was anorexic on and off for 25 years. My CKD was discovered in 2008. There was discussion about doing a biopsy, but the nephrologists feel, that it was my anorexia, that caused my kidney disease, and now failure.

Hi, my name is Katie. I am blind, so if I  make mistakes inputting information, I apologize. I just started dialysis 3 days ago. I think this site, will be very helpful. I know, that I hate dialysis, but I'm doing it for my family. I'm 53, and I already have these end of life questions. I'm hoping to find some answers here. Thank you, in advance. Katie07
KevinWilson

« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2018, 10:39:12 PM »

Wegener's Granulomatosis and Wegener's athrogramatosis Thats both vein and organ.
Geiser100

« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2018, 03:12:31 AM »

Cystinosis. A rare genetic lysosomal storage disease. About 2,000 people worldwide have it. It causes other problems but affects the kidneys within the first decade of life.
fightingPKD

« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2019, 09:04:58 AM »

110 other people with PKD like me.  Fascinating.  If anyone is still active here with it, feel free to message me if you want to talk about it. I'm at stage 4 now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »