I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2018, 02:51:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
524890 Posts in 32910 Topics by 12188 Members
Latest Member: lesthan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion (Moderator: cassandra)
| | |-+  POLL: Causes of kidney failure / disease - Please see if yours is shown here.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POLL: Causes of kidney failure / disease - Please see if yours is shown here.  (Read 102040 times)
deckerj

« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »

Two of these poll options are the same thing:

Bergers Disease
IgA glomerulonephritis

The most commonly used term is IgA Nephropathy, which is what I have, so I'm not sure which one to pick.

Also, nephrotic syndrome isn't a cause of kidney disease, rather its a syndrome in that it encompases all of the symptoms, including high creatinine, edema, uremia, etc.
PattyTricia

« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »

Good Pastures is what got me. Never heard of it until it ha[[ened to me. No warning

RuaBeanCheile

« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2018, 07:14:37 AM »

My husband was born with Posterior Urethral Valves, a sort of blockage that causes urine to back up back into the bladder and kidneys, causing inflammation and a lot of UTIs. He had the equivalent of 1 kidney (function between the 2) by 13 y/o but they stopped failing and balanced out around 18 y/o....When he was 23 he worked 3rd shift and developed high blood pressure from poor diet and weight gain and 3 years later we discovered he had slowly been losing all function thought to be due to the stress of the high BP.
Katie07

« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »

I am 53 years old now. I was anorexic on and off for 25 years. My CKD was discovered in 2008. There was discussion about doing a biopsy, but the nephrologists feel, that it was my anorexia, that caused my kidney disease, and now failure.

Hi, my name is Katie. I am blind, so if I  make mistakes inputting information, I apologize. I just started dialysis 3 days ago. I think this site, will be very helpful. I know, that I hate dialysis, but I'm doing it for my family. I'm 53, and I already have these end of life questions. I'm hoping to find some answers here. Thank you, in advance. Katie07
KevinWilson

« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2018, 10:39:12 PM »

Wegener's Granulomatosis and Wegener's athrogramatosis Thats both vein and organ.
Geiser100

« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2018, 03:12:31 AM »

Cystinosis. A rare genetic lysosomal storage disease. About 2,000 people worldwide have it. It causes other problems but affects the kidneys within the first decade of life.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »