I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:14:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Rants?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rants?  (Read 11285 times)
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 11:57:16 AM »

I like it here because you all tell it like it is. I want to hear the rants along with everything else because I learn from them. Keep ranting, this is supposed to be a safe place for it.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »

You've never offended me, either.  I enjoy your posts - rants and all!!!!     :clap;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
silverhead

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 01:07:35 PM »

Rant on!

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Meinuk

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2007, 01:34:37 PM »

Kit - all I can say is that I come here for the rants!!  Bring it on baby!  (ok, the tips help too! - and some of the off topic stuff is highly entertaining...)

Sometimes, you put into words what I am feeling.  It is a great comfort to know that I'm not alone in all of this. 

Research Dialysis Units:  http://projects.propublica.org/dialysis/

52 with PKD
deceased donor transplant 11/2/08
nxstage 10/07 - 11/08;  30LS/S; 20LT/W/R  @450
temp. permcath:  inserted 5/07 - removed 7/19/07
in-center hemo:  m/w/f 1/12/07
list: 6/05
a/v fistula: 5/05
NxStage training diary post (10/07):  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=5229.0
Newspaper article: Me dialyzing alone:  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=7332.0
Transplant post 11/08):  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=10893.msg187492#msg187492
Fistula removal post (7/10): http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=18735.msg324217#msg324217
Post Transplant Skin Cancer (2/14): http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=30659.msg476547#msg476547

“To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of thought.” - Henri Poincare
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »

I am just shocked. This person who sent a PM to you would NOT have been happy with a reply from Epoman. I came in just after he passed, but from reading his posts, and ahem, READING the intro page..  I would say THIS IS THE PLACE for rants. We are safe here. We are free to do so when WE need to.

As for this person, I would politely show them politicallly correct websites for them to participate in.

Don't EVER change, Kit!!!!  Please!!!
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2007, 02:41:23 PM »

i agree with everything said rant on kit :thumbup;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 04:04:30 PM »

rant  away :yahoo;

if  you  don't  like  ranting,its  not  rocket  science,  don't  read  it   duh :banghead; :banghead;

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 04:33:52 PM »

*kicks down door*  OH HELL NO!!!!  Who the hell thinks they can pm, not only a member but a moderator at that, and tell them what they can or cannot do??  Who the hell does this person think he/she is??  Step up, come on, lets talk about this!!!  First of all, Epoman did make this forum just for this reason, had you read his intro you would've known that.  Kitkatz, you go girl, you do what'cha got to do, whether it is a rant, or a cry or a poem or whatever you want to do, that is what we are here for, YOUR SUPPORT,  and that goes for anyone else as well, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if you anyone ever gets a pm such as Kit did, do not hesitate to let anyone in the admin team know, believe me, it will be taken care of immediately  >:(

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 04:34:20 PM »

Thanks, Kit, for being the caring, selfless person you are    And as for "nameless"     :boxing;  >:(  :P
Your the best...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 04:50:09 PM »

Nameless this is for you  :boxing; you leave my kit alone. This is a place we can rant and have people understand why we rant regardless if you are the pt or caregiver, I feel at times I can talk and say things here that I would NEVER say around those close to us since ALOT of our family and friends are in denial. Maybe you nameless need to find a diffrent site with out a rant section and leave Epomans vision and legacy alone. Kit you have had a horrible year so Hun rant away we are here for YOU :grouphug;

xtrememoosetrax

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 06:17:53 PM »

Can't really think of anything much to add to what everybody else has said, except that I agree -- seems like ranting (among other things) is exactly what this site is for.  Hang in there, Kit.

Living donor to friend via 3-way paired exchange on July 30, 2008.

www.paireddonation.org
www.caringbridge.org/visit/marthahansen
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 06:38:10 PM »

I think it is wonderful and normal when anyone rants. If you are ranting than you are dealing. We could start an "denial" section and just stick our head up our "*%%" and be so freaking positive and make people puke.

Keep on ranting! Love ya Kit! :grouphug;
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »

I have a feeling that the deeper I get in all this ESRD bull-sh~t the more rants you'll see from ME!

Come on... someone who is more seasoned than I give us a good ole rant about how they hate people to poo-poo rants!     :boxing;

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »

So sorry kitkatz, but this forum is exactly for ranting. Epoman intended us to be able to let our feelings out and rant all we want. I'm sorry, but for anyone going through ESRD has every right to rant, and SHOULD rant. If we don't rant, we will end up bottling everything inside and explode one day with a break-down or worse... that's not good for ourselves nor anyone else. Anyone with a medical problem earned the right to complain/rant and especially people with an incurable one.

Were here for you, and keep on ranting.  :cuddle;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2007, 08:55:44 PM »

Thanks folks.  I was stunned by the Pm I received.  I have been reevaluating my posts, however I guess for now you all are stuck with me the way I am.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007, 09:13:13 PM »

... I guess for now you all are stuck with me the way I am.

And thanks, Kit, for that!
 :-*

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2007, 06:38:58 AM »

Kitkatz. there is nothing to re-evaluate!  You said nothing out of line.  Thank God and Epoman we have a place to go with our fears and sorrow!  I think you can tell by the number of replies you received from the "rant" thread, that everyone here was worried about you and would do anything to make life better for you.  Please don't let one negative PM out weigh all the good thoughts sent to you.   Keep on being you! We all take turns ranting--mine is coming soon!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 06:41:36 AM by paris » Logged

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2007, 06:57:26 AM »

Kitkatz, 'ranting' is just a word. What you were really doing was telling it like it is. I was so disappointed when we got the dialysis videos and saw all these people leading such normal lives and happy as can be. It was so unrealistic. There are too many things that can get crazy and we want to be aware of as much as possible. This community is where we can tell each other our experiences - it's just the reality of the situation. Everyone faces different challenges and hearing about them only makes for a better place to come and be prepared.  :cuddle;

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2007, 10:18:03 AM »

That really stinks!  I say rant on!   :rant;

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Psim

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »

I guess for now you all are stuck with me the way I am.

Yay!!!  :bandance; The way you are is awesome. I guess with three pages of support for Kit, Nameless knows what it means to "feel the big stick". I'm new here and never knew Epoman, but I'm so grateful to folks like Kit who carry on his vision. This site is so positive and supportive -- but not by shutting people up and making us pretend everything's always great. Go Kit!
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2007, 08:58:02 PM »

I was so disappointed when we got the dialysis videos and saw all these people leading such normal lives and happy as can be. It was so unrealistic.

That is so funny!  That is exactly what I told my nephrologist's office when I returned the DVD about the different kinds of dialysis.

Her: "What did you think?".
Me: "Well...(weird look on my face) they were all smiling and stuff.  Didn't seem real."
Her: "Yeah"  (blank stare on her face)

At least she had been through it.  She knew....

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2007, 09:03:12 AM »

I was so disappointed when we got the dialysis videos and saw all these people leading such normal lives and happy as can be. It was so unrealistic.

That is so funny!  That is exactly what I told my nephrologist's office when I returned the DVD about the different kinds of dialysis.

Her: "What did you think?".
Me: "Well...(weird look on my face) they were all smiling and stuff.  Didn't seem real."
Her: "Yeah"  (blank stare on her face)

At least she had been through it.  She knew....

The kidney school website is like that too - happy, happy, happy.  Damn, where are they getting all those pills?   ;D

If we deleted all the rants on here, we'd lose about 75% of the website!  I was just posting a return rant to Adam's rant.  I want to read rants on here - it tells me that what I'm feeling, be it frustrated, angry, tired, hopeless, or overwhelmed, is perfectly normal for my situation.  Do not change, kit!  Nameless is just plain WRONG! 

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

George Jung

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2007, 11:00:06 AM »

I don't think there is any question that we all need to rant and know that it is okay to do so.  IHD is a blessing in that respect, a safe place, thanks to Epoman and those who keep his legacy alive.  Personally, I try to be positive as much as possible, I have had my days (and still do), believe me....just read some of the stuff I have posted, but just as much as people need to hear one thing (ranting) I think they need to hear another (positives) too.  Posting is different for everyone, we are all in different stages and cycles.  I don't always like to read the rants, so when that is the case I just move along and find something I do want to read or post. 

kitkats, no one can directly relate to your feelings, while some may have had a very similar experience it is not your experience so you are right to express yourself however you feel necessary (not that you need permission, just want to express my understanding).  Try to understand from this persons perspective why they may have PM'd you, be compassionate and forgiving and you will feel good.   :twocents;
BigSteve

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »

Here's another vote for you to keep on messaging, Kit,
whether rant or not. We are on this site to hear the truth.
We are going through this struggle and can't deny the
negatives involved. We do get many positive reactions from
each other, but the hardships are always there and need to
be discussed in the open. I remail gratefull for this site and remain
gratefull for everyone's messages.

"I yam what I yam what I yam." Popeye's immortal words.
"Getting and spending we lay waste our powers"
If it's too big to fail, it's too big to exist.
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2007, 09:13:48 AM »

I have already shared my opinion with the admin staff, but I think I need to put in my  :twocents; here. 
Thank God for this site.
Thank God for the vision Epoman had to create a place where we can be real - positive when it is positive, saying it like it is when we need.
Thank God for our official resident Superwoman Kitkatz who has been through unspeakable situations and still is a great asset to this site.
Thank God, even for people who don't seem to have a clue, to give many of us a chance to express our support for a wonderful person Kitkatz and for the vision of this site.
Kitkatz, rant on
Please don't allow that person to put you into any restrictions.  Epoman would be horrified.

Next this person would have us changing the name of this website!!

[do some of the older members remember that doctor's wife who gave us a dressing down about being negative and how Epoman dealt with her?]

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »