I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:39:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Davita
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Davita  (Read 4685 times)
Bailey

« on: December 02, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

What is with all of the awards for what a fantastic clinic this place is when they haven't changed a a thing in years and it is the same place??? They are going to break their arms patting themselves on the back...just my opinion.

EDITED: Moved to proper section - Sluff/ Admin
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 01:21:05 PM by Sluff » Logged
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:35:06 PM »

:welcomesign;
Hi Bailey!
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 06:46:09 PM »

Hi Bailey,  If you could please go and introduce yourself so that way we get a better idea of your needs here on this forum (and we can formally welcome you) ;)  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0  Hope to hear from you soon  :2thumbsup;

Goofynina/Admin.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
bioya

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:07:11 PM »

Since FMC is having better results with outcomes and finincials, this is the only way Duh-Vita can make themselves feel better! LOL

qwerty

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 05:20:39 PM »

I have no idea what they think all the hoola does as it sure doesnt increase staff satisfaction thats for sure. I turned in my resignation today!!! :2thumbsup;  I've been with Davita almost a year and been a nurse 30 and it's the most screwed up system I have ever encountered in my career. I'm heading to working with acutes for another company owned and ran by nurses!!! No profit sharing, no bonuses just good old benefits and "patient oriented enviroment" (got to shadow on this one to see how they treat patients)!!! No yapping "The Davita Way and most of all no clown noses and pirate hats/swords LOL.
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 06:30:45 PM »

I've been doing home hemo through Davita for seven months now, and we've had three home nurses mysteriously leave; one after only about a month. Just boom, boom, boom, one after the other. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find they are now working for a company other than Duh-Vita. I've mentioned this to several people, and I think with all of Davita's money and man-power, it could conceivably be a very good dialysis provider, if they would cut out this childish nonsense and money wasting that has so many people hating their guts, and where it's ultimately the patients who suffer.

Adam

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »