I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:16:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Pregnant and on dialysis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pregnant and on dialysis  (Read 15320 times)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2008, 10:14:15 AM »

Thanks for updating us.  Take care of both of you :2thumbsup;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »

Best wishes to you and your little one.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
devlinswife

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2008, 11:16:10 AM »

Has any one heard from Misschell? She said she would have access to the internet in the hospital yet we've heard nothing. Months ago we sent our phone numbers and addresses in case we didn't log on in a while has anyone tried to contact her that way? Jenn how are Kaylynn and doing?

I wasn't on dialysis while pregnant, but I did find my disease while pregnant and turned around and got pregnant again not even a year later, my boys were 3 and 4 while I was on dialysis. They watched Lion King and rubbed Mommys feet with lotion so much that Lion king broke (VHS). I got to relax they got to watch a favorite movie, and they thought it was cool to play in the lotion. They are now 14 and 15, and I restarted dialysis June of 06 after having a 8 1/2 year transplant.

Live each day as if it will be your last!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2008, 11:51:15 AM »

I recently sent a PM to misschell78. She did not add her name and contact info to our Emergency Contact List

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
devlinswife

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2008, 07:20:22 PM »

Thanks OK I have been really worried about her.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2008, 07:25:03 PM »

Thanks OK I have been really worried about her.

Well it's great to see you on again.   :waving;
JDHartzog

what to do w/little kids while in the hospital

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »

Another update... I'm being induced on April 22nd at 37 weeks (full term! but with a low-ish risk of going into labor on my own).  The docs determined that a planned delivery would be best for me to accommodate my dialysis schedule.  SO I will go to the hospital after my treatment on the 21st and things will go from there.  I assume they will only let me labor for so long before deciding on a cesarean section (they want me to get an epidural).  After whatever delivery occurs, I will be dialyzed to remove the extra fluid that naturally occurs after delivery and to avoid further complications. 
Baby Kaylynn and I are both doing great at our 33 week mark.  She is over 4 1/2 lbs by now since that is what she was last Thursday. :)  Her rapid weight gain is making it harder to determine my dry weights. 

Well, I'm at the end of my treatment for the night.  I hope everything is ok with Misschell.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:41:10 PM by JDHartzog » Logged
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »

:2thumbsup; Thank you Jenn, Best wishes!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
devlinswife

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2008, 08:14:17 AM »

She is so cute, it looks like you have a smart kid on your hands, with the way she in there looking like she's thinking. I am so glad you posted.

Psim

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2008, 11:05:16 AM »

Wishing you an easy delivery.  :2thumbsup; You must be so excited!!
highlite36

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2008, 01:35:47 PM »

Wishing you and your family the best of luck!  Can't wait to see her!!!  :-)

ESRD February 2002
Transplant from living non-related donor November 7, 2002
Lost transplant April 2005
Diagnosed with Heart Failure February 2006
Currently on Peritoneal Dialysis, awaiting to be well enough to FINALLY get placed
on the Transplant List.  :-)  I can't wait!!!!
Beth36

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2008, 01:49:49 PM »

What a beautiful baby!!  I will say, from my experience, a planned c-section is much easier than a surprise one....I found out around 35w that my son was breech and went ahead and planned the section...it wasn't easy by any means but it wasn't that bad.  Wishing you a quick and smooth delivery whichever happens!!!  Good luck!!!!

Beth

Mom had positive crossmatch transplant at Mayo Clinic on 6/13/08!!
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »

:bestwishes;

Wishing you a quick and easy delivery!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2008, 06:01:42 PM »

Cool!   :big hug:

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »

JD, such a beautiful baby your having. I hope your delivery is quick and not painful. Can't wait to see your lil one!! :big hug:

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »

Sounds like they are taking good care of you and your baby.
May you have a speedy delivery and lots of good health.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »

My caring thoughts and prayers are with you.  Please keep us posted.

I wish we could find out what is going on with Misschell.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »

Congratulations, I hope everything goes great on the 22nd!

Just so you don't get too ready for having a c-section...I was induced at 35 weeks, and they allowed me to labor for over 36 hours before doing a c-section, and the reason for the c-section had nothing to do with how long I had been in labor. The c-section was pretty easy, and over quickly. They told me at 12:30 or so that I'd be having it, and my son was born at 1:11.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
JDHartzog

what to do w/little kids while in the hospital

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2008, 02:37:41 PM »

Congratulations, I hope everything goes great on the 22nd!

Just so you don't get too ready for having a c-section...I was induced at 35 weeks, and they allowed me to labor for over 36 hours before doing a c-section, and the reason for the c-section had nothing to do with how long I had been in labor. The c-section was pretty easy, and over quickly. They told me at 12:30 or so that I'd be having it, and my son was born at 1:11.

I actually just discussed this with my doctor today because I had heard that normally they let women go 3 days before doing a c-section after failed induction.  He told me that because of the dialysis they probably would consider a c-section much sooner than that if I was not making good progress.  They weren't planning on dialyzing me until after the birth.  When I told them my thoughts (starting the drug, if I wasn't progressing, stopping it, dialyzing, and then starting again right after) he kinda looked at me like Oh we hadn't thought of that option and said that it will really be a play-it-by-ear situation.  They really consider c-section as worst case scenario.

The thing I'm most annoyed at is that I'm not allowed to take my NxStage to the hospital with me and they don't have any of their own for me to use so I'll have to switch to theirs.  AND I will not be able to do dialysis in my room with my baby, I'll have to put her in the nursery and be taken up 2 floors for my (currently) 3.5 hour treatment while I'm trying to start breastfeeding. :-p  While I'm not at all opposed to supplementing with formula I'd prefer not to use it until later.  Ah well.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers!  I have heard there is another dialysis patient at my hospital who is pregnant as well, so add her in with Misschell and I.

stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »

Studies have shown that babies born by c-section have higher than normal IQ, which is probably due to their having avoided the usual damage to the head which occurs during passage through the birth canal.  This is yet another factor in favor of a c-section.
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2008, 10:47:54 AM »

Studies have shown that babies born by c-section have higher than normal IQ, which is probably due to their having avoided the usual damage to the head which occurs during passage through the birth canal.  This is yet another factor in favor of a c-section.

Both my sons were born c-section. The oldest is smart as a whip. Youngest is too just doesn't 'apply' it as often.

I recovered quicker on the second one. Probably because I knew what to expect. Hold that pillow tight to your belly for support when getting up and sitting down.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2008, 10:55:36 AM »

The thing I'm most annoyed at is that I'm not allowed to take my NxStage to the hospital with me and they don't have any of their own for me to use so I'll have to switch to theirs.  AND I will not be able to do dialysis in my room with my baby, I'll have to put her in the nursery and be taken up 2 floors for my (currently) 3.5 hour treatment while I'm trying to start breastfeeding. :-p  While I'm not at all opposed to supplementing with formula I'd prefer not to use it until later.  Ah well.

Won't they allow you to express your own milk that canthen be given by bottle if you are on dialysis when a feed is needed?  Wishing you all the very best.
 :bunny:
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2008, 12:58:47 PM »

I wonder why you can't take your Nxstage with you to the hospital.  Billing?  They want a part?  Whatever.  I have always wondered that.  I feel so much better on a 5 day a week regimen that I would be bummed to end up in the hospital and need to do it for four hours and only three times a week again. 

About the milk, can't they have a nurse bring the baby to you up there to feed while you dialyzed?  Just a thought.  Or be able to express it at least. 

Good luck!!

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2008, 03:40:19 PM »

Glad to hear you're keeping the docs on their toes!  :thumbup;

When you mentioned leaving the baby in the nursery while you dialyze, I wondered about pumping your milk, as well. I hope you get something figured out for them!

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »

Best of luck hon!!! I wouldn't trade my pregnancy experience for anything, even tho its been 22 yrs ago. I loved every minute of it!!!!!!!
Lori/Indiana
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »