I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 12:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Low blood pressures in middle of run
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Low blood pressures in middle of run  (Read 3165 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: November 24, 2007, 11:37:01 AM »

Okay, the doc blew me off the other day when I asked him. Since that does not happen here... Here is my question.  I am putting on three kilos average every time I go in. (I know, I know, but this is better than it was)  I start dialysis with an above average blood pressure, then halfway thru it the blood pressure goes into the 90s. I can ride it out mostly but the techs want to stop the UF and stop pulling fluid, if they do that then I come off with a kilo left on me.  The blood pressure will come back to normal at the end of the run. This has led to a race UP the scale these past three months. I have had to go in twice now on a Saturday to pull fluid off of me.  Any ideas?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 12:03:30 PM »

kitkatz

If you take blood pressure medications, don't take them before you go to dialysis. That is what we had to do and it worked well.

willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 08:09:35 PM »

same thing happens with me I get to about 100-105 they ask me how I feel and I say fine so they keep running me then when I put my legs down at the end of the run, I am back to 130-150...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »

likewise  with  me  too,  but  my  bp  goes  down  to  85/55,if  i  say  i'm  fine  they   continue  as  normal,gonna  play  around  with  ibw,cause  i  reckon  thats  where  the  problem  lies :thumbup;

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 11:27:22 PM »

Mine does the same thing almost every run.  Can you get them to stop the UF for 15 minutes and restart it?  I've been doing that with my home system, and it usually works well for me.  I just pause and recheck my bp in 10 or 15 minutes.  If it stayed down, then I don't restart, but most of the time it bounces right back up in those few minutes.  It also helps to tap and wiggle your feet or even massage them - it helps bump the bp back up a bit so you can continue.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 08:16:48 AM »

It also helps to tap and wiggle your feet or even massage them - it helps bump the bp back up a bit so you can continue. All I want for christmas is a foot massager while at dialysis  :rudolph;...Boxman

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »

It also helps to tap and wiggle your feet or even massage them - it helps bump the bp back up a bit so you can continue. All I want for christmas is a foot massager while at dialysis   :rudolph;...Boxman

Awww, but you know I charge by the hour right Boxman ;) ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 05:48:58 PM »

I got medicare you can charge what you want. When do you start...Boxman

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 06:22:13 PM »

I seem to be in about the exact situation as you, Kitkatz.  I usually go on with 3 - 4 kilos every time.  And my blood pressure always drops as soon as I get put on.  On Monday they had to give me lots of saline and I ended up with 2 kilos over my dry weight as I went home.  so I have had to be extra careful today.   I didn't stay home - that usually helps me not to drink too much.
I have stopped taking my bp medication for months now. 

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
NurseNae

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »

Okay, the doc blew me off the other day when I asked him. Since that does not happen here... Here is my question.  I am putting on three kilos average every time I go in. (I know, I know, but this is better than it was)  I start dialysis with an above average blood pressure, then halfway thru it the blood pressure goes into the 90s. I can ride it out mostly but the techs want to stop the UF and stop pulling fluid, if they do that then I come off with a kilo left on me.  The blood pressure will come back to normal at the end of the run. This has led to a race UP the scale these past three months. I have had to go in twice now on a Saturday to pull fluid off of me.  Any ideas?

I personally think it depends if you bomb out when you go below 90 or if you loose bowel etc. ......I would ask about having the sodium variation turned on while the UF remains on as well.

Nae
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »